• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"I am saved" doctrine is a false doctrine.

M

meshak

Christians will be judged first.

1 Peter 4:17-19 (New International Version)
17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18And,
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

19So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

"I am saved" doctrine is self-declaration and judging your own salvation by claiming to be saved.

Jesus is the Judge of our salvation whether we are saved or not.

So claiming "I am saved" is a lie.

It is a grave sin to spread this self-declaration of "I am saved".

It is misleading and leads hearers to astray.

17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18And,

19So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
Shak, this is written to save saints. Peter is writing to people whom he describes in chapter 1 as: Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

This is an example of a discipling text. Peter is teaching and encouraging those saved, he is not pleading with lost sinners on how to be saved.

"I am saved" doctrine is self-declaration and judging your own salvation by claiming to be saved.

Jesus is the Judge of our salvation whether we are saved or not.

So claiming "I am saved" is a lie.

It is a grave sin to spread this self-declaration of "I am saved".

It is misleading and leads hearers to astray.
It is an acceptance of God's precious promises. Here is Peter again, Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

This is a great Scripture Meshak. It shows how serious God and His Son is. When I saw the title of the OP though, it brought this to my mind. I would like to share it with you.

I believe God and His Son has Saved me from many things my friend. His Word, and chastisement saved my marriage that I was going to destroy following "my ways". His Word and His Chastisement saved me from prison, probably death, many years ago. Not Benny Hinn or Jimmy Swaggart, or the Pope, their religion didn't help me at all. But the very Word's and instruction from Gods Word, that HE had Written Specifically for me and my family, they saved me when I trusted them enough to "DO" what they instructed.. HE saved me from countless deceptions and religious traditions of man which exist in this world HE placed me in.

He saved my daughter from being raised without a dad, HE saved my wife from being a widow, or living alone while I am in prison.

He has done so much for me already, that I don't deserve, that would not be possible without HIS Word, and Prompting me to believe in it., And if I don't make the cut, I will still thank Him for all HE did for us.

I agree that I am still a mortal man, and If a semi-truck runs over me, I will die just as all others. So I am not saved from this "Death", I am still mortal. But I Hope for His Continued Mercy, even after my days on this world are over. It is this Hope of being Acceptable to Him, which drives me to, "press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." as Paul teaches.

And again;

2 Cor. 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, (WE die) we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring (Hoping) to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Don't get to riled up by all the false teaching out there my friend. God places all His People in a World where deceivers exist, just as HE did Eve. It is part of the Journey for all God's People in this world.

If we "continue in HIS Goodness" HE will not cut us Off as HE did those who didn't believe in the Oracles of God in Jesus and Paul's Time. This is my Hope.

Don't get to riled up by all the false teaching out there my friend. God places all His People in a World where deceivers exist, just as HE did Eve. It is part of the Journey for all God's People in this world.
Ok, it seems I am riling up with my claims to you.

You are of course entitled to voice your opinions too.

I will continue with "riling up" all false claims and misleading doctrines and practices.

blessings.

His followers are supposed to be spreading the Truth which is the gospel.

Misleading and spreading false claims and practices is not part of our duty for Jesus' followers.

This is a great Scripture Meshak. It shows how serious God and His Son is. When I saw the title of the OP though, it brought this to my mind. I would like to share it with you.

I believe God and His Son has Saved me from many things my friend. His Word, and chastisement saved my marriage that I was going to destroy following "my ways". His Word and His Chastisement saved me from prison, probably death, many years ago. Not Benny Hinn or Jimmy Swaggart, or the Pope, their religion didn't help me at all. But the very Word's and instruction from Gods Word, that HE had Written Specifically for me and my family, they saved me when I trusted them enough to "DO" what they instructed.. HE saved me from countless deceptions and religious traditions of man which exist in this world HE placed me in.

He saved my daughter from being raised without a dad, HE saved my wife from being a widow, or living alone while I am in prison.

He has done so much for me already, that I don't deserve, that would not be possible without HIS Word, and Prompting me to believe in it., And if I don't make the cut, I will still thank Him for all HE did for us.

I agree that I am still a mortal man, and If a semi-truck runs over me, I will die just as all others. So I am not saved from this "Death", I am still mortal. But I Hope for His Continued Mercy, even after my days on this world are over. It is this Hope of being Acceptable to Him, which drives me to, "press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." as Paul teaches.

And again;

2 Cor. 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, (WE die) we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring (Hoping) to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

If we "continue in HIS Goodness" HE will not cut us Off as HE did those who didn't believe in the Oracles of God in Jesus and Paul's Time. This is my Hope.

I'd love to hear more of your personal testimony. I'm another who was saved from himself in the truest sense.

Good understanding also of 'this earthly house.'

Paul said: I do not count myself to have apprehended.

Does that mean in a service where people are singing
BLESSED ASSURANCE JESUS IS MINE
THAT Paul would not sing?

If I be riled up, I will drag some of all types of men to Myself

Jesus loves the little children
Some of all types of all the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
Some are precious in His sight
Jesus loves some of the children of the world

(Calvinist hymn)

Back