• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Greek word for messenger

Yes. They aren't angels.

Where does the Bible call angels apostles?

That's talking about people, not angels.

Hi I would offer. .

One word like apostle or angel when changed by a oral tradition in order to give a new meaning violates the warning . Changing the meaning of one word and change all the commandment (plural). Usurping the authority of our invisible God the author and giving it over to sinful man seen

Deuteronomy 4: 2 Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(singular)that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.

Similar to the warning at the end of the book of prophecy Revelation 22. One iis n respect a single word the other the perfect or complete .

The Holy Spirit protecting the integrity of his word as it is written

Yes they are messengers called angels by some for some unknown reason?

Jesus is the chief apostle that brings the will of his father (prophecy), He is the apostle /prophet spoken of by all the prophets sent to do the will of the Father.

The prophet apostle spoken of before hand

Isaiah 7:14—Isaiah prophesies that a pure young woman will give birth to God's son.

Matthew 1:18–23—Isaiah's prophecy is fulfilled.

Isaiah 9:6—Isaiah prophesies that Jesus Christ will come as a baby; Jesus is described by several names.

Micah 5:2—Micah prophesies that Jesus will be born in Bethlehem.

The word apostle with no other meaning is "sent one" How beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of peace.

Messengers are people sent with the incorruptible born again seed other apostles water it with the doctrine of God that fall like rain

.A beautiful picture or parable of Holy Spirit bringing new born again growth .

Deuteronomy 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

The power of the Holy Spirit our conversion new birth

The RCC has redefined the word apostle "sent one" to "venerable ones" that lord it over the faith of the "non-venerable" .

Therefore taking away the glory God that alone coming from our living God as he gives the increase to sinful mankind . God is not served by Human hands in any way shape or form. We walk or understand by the unseen thing of God's faithfulness.

The first listed apostle and martyr is Abel in whom God had grace or favor on , The first of the second born used to announce the coming of the new testament . His blood like the blood of all born again saints cries out in hope of the promised new incorruptible body .All die not receiving it.

Three times with three used to denote the end of a matter to emphasize ."neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth;"

1 Corinthians 3:6-8King James Version I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

We receive no reward from those who plant or water. with the word of God

Praise the lord that he does cause growth if any .In that way he must give us of "little faith" an increase as we decrease Again he gives us little he is the storeroom of faith

Luke 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

Well yes angel could be translated as messenger. What bothers me about that is that it comes from a Pagan myths
Pagan myths as counterfeiters of the design of God (The Father and the Son) come after the counterfeiter Satan the father of lies god of this world.

Those deceived made the apostles messages of God into their own kind after the flesh of men . Mere men as gods in the likeness of man seen .

Making Paul Jupiter for Roman or Zeus for the Greek as if the head god of false gods and Apollos the Roman god and Hermes the Greek equivalent as the spokesman or messenger as priest Usurping the witness of God ,The father and the Son

Zeus was the almighty god of the sky and thunder, and king of all the gods, who resided in Mount Olympus. Meanwhile, Jupiter was essentially his Roman equivalent, who came later. Mercurius of the Roman, Hermes the son of Zeus and Maia, was the messenger of the gods and the mediator between the realm of the dead and the kingdom of the living.

Acts 14:7-12 And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

In that way as a copy cat Satan usurped the unseen power of the gospel and handed it over to the flesh or will of men

Back