• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Embracing Doctrinal Diversity - Unity in diversity

Why so snarky?

Plain spoken, not snarky.

You said you were unitarian. I said the Unitarian Universalists were the only unitarians that I was aware of.
And you have have been using it as a club to beat me with ever since. ???

I’m a Jewish monotheist; not all unitarians are.

I’m not beating you with anything. You brought up the UU’s. They have taken your position to its limit.

I should probably stop talking to you. Doesn't seem to be much value in the relationship.

]

Do whatever you think best.

I think our readers are benefitting from the discussion. I’m benefitting from it. If you’ve learned anything at all from it then you’ve benefitted from it too.

Last edited:
The UU’s take the plea for doctrinal diversity / unity in diversity to its logical limit. The OP doesn’t want to go that far. A wee bit narrow-minded but within his right to do.

Let’s pull in the horns of the UU’s a little and, for the sake of discussion, limit them to Christianity.

Would the UU’s welcome trinitarians? Absolutely.

Would the UU’s welcome binitarians? Absolutely.

Would the UU’s welcome unitarians? Absolutley.

Would the UU’s welcome Jewish monotheists? Absolutely.

Would the UU’s welcome gnostics? Absolutely.

Reigned in / scaled back UU’s fit perfectly the OP’s restriction to Christianity.

We haven’t spoken much about gnostic Christians @SteVen.

Would you yolk yourself with them? They are represented and active on this forum. You’ve spoken with him.

“Sincerity does not protect you from theological error. Keep your face buried in the Scriptures.” - Brandon Scalf

Trinitarianism, binitarianism, much of unitarianism and Gnosticism are all post-biblical theologies.

The theology of Jesus of Nazareth - Jewish monotheism - is biblical theology.

In the same way we have learned to understand and respect cultural diversity,
we should learn to understand and respect doctrinal diversity.
I hope we can do a lot better since today's cultural diversity amounts to Oikophobic, hatred of White people and anything from White people's culture.

SteVen said:
But quite another to claim that "the deity of the trinitarians" isn't "the Messiah’s God".
We know the trinity is not the Messiah's God because Jesus did not teach the Trinity.
Are you unitarian as well? (drank the Kool-Aid?)

As I wrote earlier, the Trinity doctrine was an attempt to explain what God was like.
Whether a person PREFERS the DOCTRINE of unitarianism, binitarianism, or trinitarianism,
it's all the same God, not three different gods.

What Jesus believed about the godhead is highly debatable.
But it does not change which God is being discussed.

] cc: @Mr E

Are you unitarian as well?
Yes.
As I wrote earlier, the Trinity doctrine was an attempt to explain what God was like.
The trinity doctrine was an attempt to redefine WHO Scripture states God is.
What Jesus believed about the godhead is highly debatable.
Wrong. There is no godhead in Scripture. Jesus quoted the Sh’ma as the most important commandment, which is a unitarian statement of faith as he was required to believe, being born a Jew under the law.

Jesus also taught us to pray ONLY to the Father, ONLY those who worship the Father worship truly, and said his Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

Only a trinitarian could claim what Jesus believed about God is highly debatable in light of these Scriptural facts.

Only a trinitarian could claim what Jesus believed about God is highly debatable in light of these Scriptural facts.
I launched a topic on the subject.
Not sure if it will stand or be removed. Here's the link;

] cc: @Mr E

Back