• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Does the holy spirit leave me if I sin?

so you take every Christian's word that they are saved?????..
No.
..Paul was speaking of his faithfulness toward him as a companion not not His faith in Jesus.

Blade
Paul called Demas a fellow laborer. A fellow laborer in what, Blade? What was Paul laboring at/towards? Where does the Bible say that "Paul was speaking of his faithfulness toward him as a companion"? It doesn't.

Becoming a Christian is no guarantee that a person will always live like a Christian. But he will be saved, whether he does or not.

No.

Paul called Demas a fellow laborer. A fellow laborer in what, Blade? What was Paul laboring at/towards? Where does the Bible say that "Paul was speaking of his faithfulness toward him as a companion"? It doesn't.

Becoming a Christian is no guarantee that a person will always live like a Christian. But he will be saved, whether he does or not.
Look, I am not going to dispute your beliefs Shroom...It is evident we read and translate the Bible differently. Good enough for me...Both our opinions are out there and the reader can make their opinions based on what was said or not! Of course, any questions the readers might have, I would be glad to answer.

Have a good evening Shroom

Blade

Look, I am not going to dispute your beliefs Shroom...
I hope you don't mind if I challenge or question some of the things you say here on this public forum.

It is evident we read and translate the Bible differently.
On some things, yes.

But I am curious how you think the Bible says that "Paul was speaking of his faithfulness toward him as a companion". Does the Bible actually say it, or are you reading "Perseverance of the Saints" into it? Demas did not persevere, so he couldn't have been saved?

Good enough for me...
Is it possible that we're both right? I doubt it... If people hold contradictory beliefs, at least one of them is wrong.

Both our opinions are out there and the reader can make their opinions based on what was said or not! Of course, any questions the readers might have, I would be glad to answer.
As will I.

Have a good evening Shroom

Blade
You too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you don't mind if I challenge or question some of the things you say here on this public forum.

On some things, yes.

But I am curious how you think the Bible says that "Paul was speaking of his faithfulness toward him as a companion". Does the Bible actually say it, or are you reading "Perseverance of the Saints" into it? Demas did not persevere, so he couldn't have been saved?
You did ask!..2Tim 4:9-13..Paul is in prison for the second time, His time is short and prison life this time is very different. "Be diligent to come to me quickly;" As in the context of the first part of the chapter, Paul wanted those that knew him to come to him. This time in prison, no one came to visit a big difference from his first time when he had many visitor.

Rem Paul is sitting in his cell waiting to die: "for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica; Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me." Here Paul is not only speaking of Demas but also Crescens and Luke...the next part also includes three other 'fellow workers/travel companion'. Yes, Demas left him 'having loved this present world' but did not Crescens and Titus do the same for only Luke was with Him...

The last part conveys to us that Paul was a very lonely man during this time...."Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry. And Tychicus I have sent to Ephesus. Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come; and the books, especially the parchments."

To be in that position, is a very lonely place for no-one can carry it for you......Anyways, this is the reason why I stated that as you put it : "Paul was speaking of his faithfulness toward him as a companion". Does the Bible actually say it, or are you reading "Perseverance of the Saints" into it? Demas did not persevere, so he couldn't have been saved?"

Again I will say that Paul was not speaking of Demas as falling from faith in Jesus Christ and Yes, I am sure Demas was saved on the day of Acts 2.

Blade

Is it possible that we're both right? I doubt it... If people hold contradictory beliefs, at least one of them is wrong.

As will I.

You too.

On some things, yes.

As will I.

You too.
Do you believe in osas?

You did ask!..2Tim 4:9-13..Paul is in prison for the second time, His time is short and prison life this time is very different. "Be diligent to come to me quickly;" As in the context of the first part of the chapter, Paul wanted those that knew him to come to him. This time in prison, no one came to visit a big difference from his first time when he had many visitor.
The letter is to Timothy. Paul wanted Timothy to come to him quickly.

Rem Paul is sitting in his cell waiting to die: "for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica; Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me." Here Paul is not only speaking of Demas but also Crescens and Luke...the next part also includes three other 'fellow workers/travel companion'. Yes, Demas left him 'having loved this present world' but did not Crescens and Titus do the same for only Luke was with Him...
I'm not sure of your point here. Yes, Demas forsook Paul, having loved the present world.

Again I will say that Paul was not speaking of Demas as falling from faith in Jesus Christ
What do you suppose Paul was referring to?

and Yes, I am sure Demas was saved on the day of Acts 2.
How do you know Demas was saved on the day of Acts 2?

Do you believe in osas?
I believe that when a Christian sins the Holy Spirit will convict them. However, to ignore the Holy Spirit and continue to sin can cause one to deaden their conscience. I believe there can come a time when one can lose their salvation.

Here is a fairly good video concerning the holy spirit - short video, with scripture. I just listened and thought it would be good for this thread.

I'm not sure why it would be necessary for the Holy Spirit to remain in a person 24/7.
Good point, I just watched the video above. We are changed when we receive the holy spirit, we are a new creature, but many times people are not walking in the spirit 24/7, in other words, we can be "blocking" the spirit from working in us and through us.

I believe that when a Christian sins the Holy Spirit will convict them. However, to ignore the Holy Spirit and continue to sin can cause one to deaden their conscience. I believe there can come a time when one can lose their salvation.
I agree Bradley.

Back