• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Does God Love You Personally?

So then, what do you think it means?

This is what Jesus revealed to me it means:

It means Jesus is serious about our obeying him, and that those who believe Jesus' words, they will repent of their sins and stop sinning---so they won't need to cut off their hands.

See the wisdom from God?

If you would actually cut off your hand that is causing you to sin---then JUST STOP SINNING instead of cutting off your hand.
This is what I mean by interpreting. You are going beyond the text and that is good. The text says if your right hand offends you... I am glad that you do not take that literally and believe your own hand can offend you.

You are a false judge. You don't even have the humility and attitude of love that would cause you to thank me for caring about your infliction of the flesh you spoke about earlier.

Since you had no intention of speaking about the scriptures with me, how about you keep your meanness about me to yourself?
Judge? what have I judged? Are you upset because I didn't gosh all over you when you felt companion? Seriously? I love to talk scripture but you don't want to when I have tried in the past. Since my affliction was NOT the post of the post I didn't see a need to praise you for having compassion, in fact, compassion should be a natural extension of our Christ Like behavior and should not be praised since it should be a work of Christ not self.

and it is these false accusations and prideful responses that have forced me to avoid you more than engage you.

That is insanity. We can't add or subtract or go beyond what God says. Jesus does not say to put on a diaper and crawl on the floor. We have to do what Jesus says. Jesus says you will not enter if you are not humble and do everything he says.
He does not say what it means precisely. You interpret it differently than they did. If your's is right and theirs is wrong it is because the Holy Spirit enlightens you.

This is what I mean by interpreting. You are going beyond the text and that is good.
I am not going beyond the text.
The text says if your right hand offends you...
Right. We have to obey by not sinning---then my right hand won't offend me, and then it wouldn't need to be cut off.
You think people will obey Jesus by cutting off their own hand, but won't obey him by repenting of sins!
I am glad that you do not take that literally and believe your own hand can offend you.
I do take it literally.

I am not going beyond the text.

Right. We have to obey by not sinning---then my right hand won't offend me, and then it wouldn't need to be cut off.
You think people will obey Jesus by cutting off their own hand, but won't obey him by repenting of sins!

I do take it literally.
Ok, but I don't think hands control brains. Do you believe that Jesus is inside your heart with all that blood gushing around then?

He does not say what it means precisely.
You don't understand. We can't add to God's word. God says humble yourself as a little child. Jesus doesn't say, "Now, put on a diaper and crawl on the floor". He said humble yourself like a little child, and he says repent of sins.
You interpret it differently than they did.
It is not an interpretation to only go by what Jesus says, it is obedience. Jesus says plainly that he will give understanding after we obey.
If your's is right and theirs is wrong it is because the Holy Spirit enlightens you.
The Holy Spirit enlightens those who obey. We are not to go beyond what is written. We are not to add or subtract. We are to humble ourselves and do what Jesus says to do, and he says to repent of our sins.

Ok, but I don't think hands control brains.
You still don't understand.
Let's try again.
If a person would actually believe and obey Jesus, they would not get to the point of cutting off their hand because they would have already stopped sinning with that hand.

Jesus is explaining how important it is for us to obey and stop sinning.
Do you believe that Jesus is inside your heart with all that blood gushing around then?
So you don't believe the saved receive Jesus' Spirit?

You don't understand. We can't add to God's word. God says humble yourself as a little child. Jesus doesn't say, "Now, put on a diaper and crawl on the floor". He said humble yourself like a little child, and he says to repent of sins.
You are going beyond the text here. It is "and become." Now I think you have a correct understanding of the text but that is because the Holy Spirit has taken you beyond just the text.

It is not an interpretation to only go by what Jesus says, it is obedience. Jesus says plainly that he will give understanding after we obey.
Again, understandings a very broad term. Understanding of what?
The Holy Spirit enlightens those who obey. We are not to go beyond what is written. We are not to add or subtract. We are to humble ourselves and do what Jesus says to do, and he says to repent of our sins.
The Holy Spirit gave me an understanding of my sin before I repented. In fact, it was the reason I repented. The process is still on going.

I didn't know Job described it, but I think it is demonstrated by God's speech to everyone.
Job 42:1-2
Then Job answered the Lord and said, “I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.

You are going beyond the text here. It is "and become." Now I think you have a correct understanding of the text but that is because the Holy Spirit has taken you beyond just the text.

Again, understandings a very broad term. Understanding of what?
The Holy Spirit gave me an understanding of my sin before I repented. In fact, it was the reason I repented. The process is still on going.
May I butt in?

Back