• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Continual Continuity

There are so many passages that speak to being certain of your salvation that I would not know where to begin listing, but I can try if you like. My favorite is, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; so that you know that you have eternal life" (1Jo 5:13).

Our condition is that we sin, confess and repent; our position is that we are in Christ and are "accepted" (Eph 1:6)! Until we know this certainty, we will continue to labor under the intolerable burden of a defiled conscience. "If we accept the truth that God condemned "the old man" (Rom 6:6), there is a perfectly peaceful conscience for us in the matter of indwelling sin (Miles J Stanford).
Amen, without these precious promises I would perish. I can't speak to the experience of others, but life was like eating mud. when Christ saved me it was like a banquet. Mud, banquet, mud, banquet? There is not a chance I am going back to mud.

Greetings Grace Accepted and Greetings again NetChaplain,
Do you believe that God is threatening you into obedience? In other words is God saying I will love you as long as you obey but if you disobey I will punish you eternally?
No, and my God does not torment people for eternity.
There are so many passages that speak to being certain of your salvation that I would not know where to begin listing, but I can try if you like.
I am not sure if I want to become involved in a full discussion on OSAS or similar. You most probably know many of the verses that I would raise, and you may have previously assessed these. We could discuss 1 Corinthians 4:4 again in more detail and the verses and thoughts that you have raised. If you are really serious about this subject you could list the 10 or so popular verses that are used to support my position and your brief refutation of these. I am not happy how you treated 1 Corinthians 4:4.

Kind regards
Trevor

Kind regards
Trevor
I did not say torment. I said punish. The wages of sin are death. Will God kill you eternally if you refuse to love him?

Greetings again Grace Accepted,
The wages of sin are death.
I agree with this, as it comes from Romans 6:23. Most of mankind simply live their lives and perish. Your post #10 was unusual and you seem to be asking a similar question in post #15 which is off topic.

Kind regards
Trevor

Its Grace both that begins the work of our salvation turning us toward Him and grace that keeps it or gaurds it .
Amen! And it's God who keeps us from desiring evil, in order that we will "abide" in Him without fail (Phl 2:13). We will always desire His pleasure instead of ours.

Amen, without these precious promises I would perish. I can't speak to the experience of others, but life was like eating mud. when Christ saved me it was like a banquet. Mud, banquet, mud, banquet? There is not a chance I am going back to mud.
True! I believe that nobody reborn will ever want to go back to evil, because God ensures it (Phl 2:13).

Amen! And it's God who keeps us from desiring evil,
How does God keep you from desiring evil?

in order that we will "abide" in Him without fail (Phl 2:13). We will always desire His pleasure instead of ours.
Always? No... God does not take away a person's free will. God works in us to will and to do His good pleasure, but people do not always listen.

I am not sure if I want to become involved in a full discussion on OSAS or similar. You most probably know many of the verses that I would raise, and you may have previously assessed these. We could discuss 1 Corinthians 4:4 again in more detail and the verses and thoughts that you have raised. If you are really serious about this subject you could list the 10 or so popular verses that are used to support my position and your brief refutation of these. I am not happy how you treated 1 Corinthians 4:4.

Kind regards
Trevor
Paul is just saying he is justified in this verse; and he knows God judges him so!

Greetings again Net Chaplain,
Paul is just saying he is justified in this verse;
No, he is saying that even having a clear conscience does not prove that he is fully clear or justified in this matter that they were accusing him of or judging. The pop-up NETBible has "acquitted" here.
he knows God judges him so!
No, he is saying that when it comes to judging another person, that we should desist as only God is Judge, and we will have to wait until the Judgement Day.

Kind regards
Trevor

How does God keep you from desiring evil?
I would think by working in us to both will (the desire) and empower us that have no power of our own selves to do ito his good pleasure . He calls it the better thing that acomapnaies salvation .God is not unrightous he remembers the good works we can offer towards his name yoked with him he gives us rest .

Hebrews 6: 9-11 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Greetings again Grace Accepted,

I agree with this, as it comes from Romans 6:23. Most of mankind simply live their lives and perish. Your post #10 was unusual and you seem to be asking a similar question in post #15 which is off topic.

Kind regards
Trevor
Ok, in other words you are not going to answer. That’s ok, it is a tough question.

Back