• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Changes in perspective

C

Comingfrom

My conversations here are reminding me of the changes in perspective I underwent at the behest of the Lord,
and over the time since I first came to Jesus, and to the word.
Or as St Paul put it, at Romans 12:2, "be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind".

Coming to consider myself as Israel.
This realization came about gradually over time,
particularly from hearing so many saying "we are not Israel", whilst at the same time claiming the God of Israel is their God.
That caused me to wonder.
And I studied and prayed the Lord on this, and came to the conclusion;
If God is the God of Israel, and Israel is His children, and if He is my God, therefore I am an Israelite.
That changed my perspective of nearly everything scripture says, for me.

And all nations shall call you blessed:
for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Malachi 3:12

We say, Jesus is our Lord. And, the Lord our God is one Lord.
Most will happily agree with both of these statements.
Yet initially, I believed that the Lord of the Old Testament is not Jesus.
But how can that be? Has there been two Lords? The Lord of hosts, and Jesus.
No, that doesn't make sense.
And we're told, Jesus is the word that was with God in the beginning.
So that means it was Jesus on the mount, inscribing the tablets for Moses.
And Jesus is the Lord of hosts, which spoke to the prophets.
This was another big shift in my perspective, and in the way I receive His word.
Keeping Jesus' saying now meant also keeping the words which He commanded in Moses' day.
Which is what His word in Moses' law says shall be.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

My conversations here are reminding me of the changes in perspective I underwent at the behest of the Lord,
Or as St Paul put it, at Romans 12:2, "be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind".

particularly from hearing so many saying "we are not Israel", whilst at the same time claiming the God of Israel is their God.
If God is the God of Israel, and Israel is His children, and if He is my God, therefore I am an Israelite.

This was another big shift in my perspective, and in the way I receive His word.
Keeping Jesus' saying now meant also keeping the words which He commanded in Moses' day.

I would offer.

God is the living word that worked in the Son of man, Jesus to both reveal the will of the father and empower the Son of man Jesus to perform it to the glory of the father. Again, both to will and to do to the pleasure of God not seen (Philippians 2:13)

Jesus as the Son of man is the glory of the father God not of his own self. He did not glory in his own flesh but rather a reflection of the father's glory. Like the moon a reflection of the Sun.

That most certain sounds like a change, from my perspective we are part of being adopted in the faith of Abraham: in which we belong to the heavenly Jerusalem now, that would be the new city that is in the heavenly realm which is our destination after this life. I don’t believe it’s about a material stance but a heavenly stance. If you see yourself as an Israelite and have went through the Old Testament what did Jesus come to do?

You need to understand that there is a huge difference in between LORD and Lord.

OT describes God as "LORD" and Jesus as "Lord".

do you see the difference?

Most mainstreamers don't. That's why they believe Jesus is God.

It is such a juvenile mistake yet they insist on saying Jesus is God.

It seems that you don't see it either.

It is just amazing.

I would offer.

God is the living word that worked in the Son of man, Jesus to both reveal the will of the father and empower the Son of man Jesus to perform it to the glory of the father. Again, both to will and to do to the pleasure of God not seen (Philippians 2:13)
Do good in Thy good pleasure unto Zion:
build Thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness,
with burnt offering and whole burnt offering:
then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

Psalm 51:16-17

Jesus as the Son of man is the glory of the father God not of his own self. He did not glory in his own flesh but rather a reflection of the father's glory. Like the moon a reflection of the Sun.
The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;
He will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 42:21

Labour not for the meat which perisheth,
but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you:
for Him hath God the Father sealed.

John 6:27

Thank you for your offerings.
So, Mr G Lee, and how has your perspective of the scripture changed?
over the time since you first came to Jesus?

Or does it read the same to you as the first time that you read it?

But you don't keep what God gave to Moses, not even close, so stop acting like you do. He not only told them what to do, but how to do it. The entire norther kingdom was lost because of people not doing that. Judah eventually was taken into captivity for the same reason. They profaned His sabbaths, and offered flawed sacrifices, didn't let the land rest, refused to release debtors every fifty years, charged usuary, called on mediums, worshiped Baal, went after other gods. Some were struck dead for offering strange incense on the altar or laying a hand on the tabernacle. Those were all real things, plus many more. When did God rewrite those laws according to the way that you use them?

That most certain sounds like a change, from my perspective we are part of being adopted in the faith of Abraham: in which we belong to the heavenly Jerusalem now, that would be the new city that is in the heavenly realm which is our destination after this life. I don’t believe it’s about a material stance but a heavenly stance.
Thank you, Matthew.
Blessed indeed are you. Amen to that.

If you see yourself as an Israelite and have went through the Old Testament what did Jesus come to do?
Jesus came to do the works of the Father, and to fulfil the law.

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work.
John 4:34

Thank you, Matthew.
Blessed indeed are you. Amen to that.

Jesus came to do the works of the Father, and to fulfil the law.

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work.
John 4:34

No problem brother.

In addition to add one scripture with you:

The choice -> John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

It's a great thing what Jesus did for all of mankind, and in him we are complete. Colossians 2:5-10.

Thank you and bless you too.

You need to understand that there is a huge difference in between LORD and Lord.

OT describes God as "LORD" and Jesus as "Lord".

do you see the difference?

Most mainstreamers don't. That's why they believe Jesus is God.

It is such a juvenile mistake yet they insist on saying Jesus is God.

It seems that you don't see it either.

It is just amazing.
Thank you, MESHAK.

Yes, I can see the difference.
"Lord" is spelled using all caps, by a few Bibles.

So you think God was the Lord, before Jesus came.

What if He comes for you?
Will you call Him God or Jesus?

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where He was before?
John 6:62

But you don't keep what God gave to Moses, not even close, so stop acting like you do. He not only told them what to do, but how to do it. The entire norther kingdom was lost because of people not doing that. Judah eventually was taken into captivity for the same reason. They profaned His sabbaths, and offered flawed sacrifices, didn't let the land rest, refused to release debtors every fifty years, charged usuary, called on mediums, worshiped Baal, went after other gods. Some were struck dead for offering strange incense on the altar or laying a hand on the tabernacle. Those were all real things, plus many more. When did God rewrite those laws according to the way that you use them?
Thank you, Arial.
So this is the perspective you have come to? from the time you first came to Jesus to now,

Are we to suppose from this that you now hallow His sabbaths? offer acceptable sacrifices? allow the land to rest? release all debtors (every seven years btw)? etc

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,
that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 4:2

Thank you, MESHAK.

Yes, I can see the difference.
"Lord" is spelled using all caps, by a few Bibles.
[/QUOTE]

All versions I know use all caps
So you think God was the Lord, before Jesus came.
[/QUOTE]

God is God, YHWH, LORD is a substation for YHWH.
What if He comes for you?
Will you call Him God or Jesus?
[/QUOTE]

I call Jesus Lord. I call His Father God, YHWH.
What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where He was before?
John 6:62
what are you asking?????????????

I dont play what if games.

Are we to suppose from this that you now hallow His sabbaths? offer acceptable sacrifices? allow the land to rest? release all debtors (every seven years btw)? etc
I am not under law. I am under grace.

But you didn't explain why you keep some of the law, whatever you say is important, and do so in any ole witcha way.

Back