• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Biblical Proof That Jesus Is God

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin" (Hebrews 4:15).
That verse does not say that Jesus' "divinity" enabled him to be sinless.

Without Jesus' divinity how could He have been sinless?
Since God was his Father, Jesus did not inherit the sin nature all descendants of Adam have. He was born without a sin nature, and kept himself from sinning. Jesus is the "second man," the "last Adam". He was just like Adam was before Adam sinned. Adam chose to sin, condemning himself and all his progeny to death. Jesus chose not to sin, and then gave his life as the only acceptable sacrifice for sin, making it available for anyone who believes on him to be saved.

Greetings shroom,
Since God was his Father, Jesus did not inherit the sin nature all descendants of Adam have. He was born without a sin nature, and kept himself from sinning.
I would like to simply voice an objection here, as I believe that Jesus inherited a sin nature, but he overcame sin in the flesh Hebrews 2:14, Romans 8:3.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings shroom,

I would like to simply voice an objection here, as I believe that Jesus inherited a sin nature, but he overcame sin in the flesh Hebrews 2:14, Romans 8:3.

Kind regards
Trevor
Yes, this is something we disagree on.

Yes, this is something we disagree on.
How could he have a sin nature? Adam was not his Father, God was his Father.

"For in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

2 Corinthians 5:21, "For he has made him to be sin for us, WHO KNEW NO SIN"

For those that believe Jesus is not equal to God, one with God and IS the great I AM, how can you assume then that God has no knowledge of what it's like to be human. They believe in a God with a massive ego who has never humbled Himself and demands righteousness and obedience from man, yet He has no experience living as a human being.

They then must believe in a god who, for some reason CHOSE a people, a nation, to separate from all other peoples. This god destroyed and killed men, women and children, cities and nations to advance His chosen people. During different times of disobedience he severely punished Israel time and again.

Is this your god, for all anti-trinity (antichrist) people?

For those that believe Jesus is not equal to God
Jesus did not believe he was equal with God (John 14:28).
one with God
Jesus was one with God in purpose.
and IS the great I AM, how can you assume then that God has no knowledge of what it's like to be human.
God created humans in His image. You don't think God knows us?
They believe in a God with a massive ego who has never humbled Himself and demands righteousness and obedience from man, yet He has no experience living as a human being.
God is God. I don't think he needs a "massive ego".
They then must believe in a god who, for some reason CHOSE a people, a nation, to separate from all other peoples. This god destroyed and killed men, women and children, cities and nations to advance His chosen people. During different times of disobedience he severely punished Israel time and again.
Isn't that what Trinitarians believe? Especially Calvinist Trinitarians? If that's not what you believe, what are your reasons for God choosing Israel?
Is this your god, for all anti-trinity (antichrist) people?
Antichrist? lol How do you really feel, patrick?

The Bible does not teach that God is a Trinity. It's not in the Bible.

Greetings robert pate,
How could he have a sin nature? Adam was not his Father, God was his Father.
Yes, God was his Father and Mary was his mother, a descendant of Adam, Abraham and David.
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV): 14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
Hebrews 4:14–15 (KJV): 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Romans 8:3 (KJV): For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jesus came in the same nature as us in order to overcome sin in its causes and effects. He is our representative, our captain of salvation, leading the way to victory over sin and death, and if we unite with him in his death and resurrection by belief and baptism in water, we will be forgiven of our sins and find a place in the Kingdom of God on earth when Jesus returns.

Kind regards
Trevor

Back