• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Biblical Proof That Jesus Is God

Greetings robert pate,

Yes, God was his Father and Mary was his mother, a descendant of Adam, Abraham and David.
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV): 14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
Hebrews 4:14–15 (KJV): 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Romans 8:3 (KJV): For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jesus came in the same nature as us in order to overcome sin in its causes and effects. He is our representative, our captain of salvation, leading the way to victory over sin and death, and if we unite with him in his death and resurrection by belief and baptism in water, we will be forgiven of our sins and find a place in the Kingdom of God on earth when Jesus returns.

Kind regards
Trevor
So, you believe that there is a contradiction in the scriptures? "For he has made him to be sin for us, WHO KNEW NO SIN, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

"Was tempted like we are, YET WAS WITHOUT SIN" Hebrews 4:15.

Jesus was our representative. He was acting in our name and on our behalf, but he had no sin. He could not act in our name and on our behalf if he was a sinner. He saved us by doing for us that which we could not do for ourselves.

Greetings shroom,

I would like to simply voice an objection here, as I believe that Jesus inherited a sin nature, but he overcame sin in the flesh Hebrews 2:14, Romans 8:3.

Kind regards
Trevor
Jesus was able to be "tempted." Yet did not sin.

"For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18).

Greetings again robert pate,
Jesus was our representative. He was acting in our name and on our behalf, but he had no sin. He could not act in our name and on our behalf if he was a sinner. He saved us by doing for us that which we could not do for ourselves.
Having a sin nature does not make a person a sinner. A babe when born is not a sinner. We become sinners when we sin. Jesus never sinned. We inherit the effects of sin, not sin.

Kind regards
Trevor

Both are In the Bible.
You have never shown me where yet, though I have asked often. You give me Proof Texts of course, but then I show you where it it obvious that is not what they are saying. And I even show you what they are saying and you continue to shove that under the rug. But, to each his own. We often simply believe what we want to believe and disregard the rest.

You have never shown me where yet, though I have asked often.
I have.
You give me Proof Texts of course, but then I show you where it it obvious that is not what they are saying.
No you haven't.
And I even show you what they are saying and you continue to shove that under the rug. But, to each his own. We often simply believe what we want to believe and disregard the rest.
Yep...

Jesus was able to be "tempted." Yet did not sin.

"For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18).
Yes. Just as Adam and Eve could be tempted but did not yet have a sin nature, as they had not yet sinned. Paul described our constant battle between the flesh and the spirit as sin dwelling in us, a result of that fallen nature. Sin did not dwell in Jesus and He gave it no place. Adam was not His father.

Having a sin nature does not make a person a sinner. A babe when born is not a sinner. We become sinners when we sin. Jesus never sinned. We inherit the effects of sin, not sin.

Kind regards
Trevor
A babe when born is a sinner, Psalm 51:5. We do not become sinners, we are MADE sinners, because we are related to Adam, who was our first father, Romans 5:15.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be MADE righteous" Romans 5:19.

we are related to Adam, who was our first father
Jesus was descended from Adam and Eve, but he never sinned because God through Jesus condemned sin in the flesh Romans 8:3. "Sin" here is a metonymy for the lusts of the flesh, the lusts that normally produce sin. Jesus rendered these lusts of no effect because of the Word and thinking of God that dwelt in his heart and mind, compare his temptation in the wilderness.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jesus was descended from Adam and Eve, but he never sinned because God through Jesus condemned sin in the flesh Romans 8:3. "Sin" here is a metonymy for the lusts of the flesh, the lusts that normally produce sin. Jesus rendered these lusts of no effect because of the Word and thinking of God that dwelt in his heart and mind, compare his temptation in the wilderness.

Kind regards
Trevor
Not on his Father's side. There is a reason for that.

Kind regards
Trevor
Jesus was not a descendant of Adam. He was born of God. Mary gave birth to Jesus, but there was no connection with Adam's genes. He was born sinless. If he had been born of Adam he would have to be born again. The Bible does not say that Jesus was a born-again sinner.

Back