• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Biblical Proof That Jesus Is God

R

robert pate

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is God.

"I said therefore unto you, that you will die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am "HE" you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.
If the "HE" is not God, then Jesus failed to make his point.

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.
Can you say that you and God are one? This is why the Jews took up stones to stone him.

"Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" Philippians 2:6.
Jesus was equal with God, because he was God.

"That they all may be as one; as the Father is in me, and I in you, that they might be one in us: that the world might believe that you have sent me" John 17:21.
There is only one that we can be one with.

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten of the Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him" John 1:18.
He that has seen Jesus, has seen the Father, John 14:9.

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.
Jesus is the head of all principality and power, because Jesus is God.

"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we do not stone you; but for blasphemy; and because you are a man making yourself to be God" John 10:33.
Jesus apparently claimed to be God.

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" John 5:18.
Again, Jesus must have been claiming to be God.

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God" John 1:1.
This is a tough one for JW's and others that do not believe.

"And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and be beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth" John 1:14.
And God (the word) was made flesh. God became a man.

"For whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
There is only one Lord, not two. The Lord Jesus Christ.

"Jesus said unto them, verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am" John 8:58.
And then the unbelieving Jews took up stones to stone him.

"And he said unto them, you are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world" John 8:23.
Jesus didn't have his beginning in Bethlehem. He is the eternal Son of God.

"Now I tell you before it come, that when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am HE" John 13:19.
This is the same "HE" in John 8:24.

"Thus says the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" Isaiah 44:6.
One Lord, one King, one God and there is no other.

"Jesus said unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet you have not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father" John 14:9.
Jesus confesses that he is God.

"I said therefore unto you, that you will die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am "HE" you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

Can you say that you and God are one? This is why the Jews took up stones to stone him.

"Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" Philippians 2:6.

"That they all may be as one; as the Father is in me, and I in you, that they might be one in us: that the world might believe that you have sent me" John 17:21.

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten of the Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him" John 1:18.
He that has seen Jesus, has seen the Father, John 14:9.

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.
Jesus is the head of all principality and power, because Jesus is God.

"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we do not stone you; but for blasphemy; and because you are a man making yourself to be God" John 10:33.
Jesus apparently claimed to be God.

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" John 5:18.
Again, Jesus must have been claiming to be God.

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God" John 1:1.
This is a tough one for JW's and others that do not believe.

"And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and be beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth" John 1:14.
And God (the word) was made flesh. God became a man.

"For whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
There is only one Lord, not two. The Lord Jesus Christ.

"Jesus said unto them, verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am" John 8:58.
And then the unbelieving Jews took up stones to stone him.

"And he said unto them, you are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world" John 8:23.
Jesus didn't have his beginning in Bethlehem. He is the eternal Son of God.

"Now I tell you before it come, that when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am HE" John 13:19.
This is the same "HE" in John 8:24.

"Thus says the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" Isaiah 44:6.
One Lord, one King, one God and there is no other.

"Jesus said unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet you have not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father" John 14:9.
Jesus confesses that he is God.
Boy, you opened up a can of worms here....but I am on your side for this.

Blade

Greetings robert pate,
"That I am he - That I am the Messiah." Many commentaries see "He" as the Messiah.
Of course they do. But then who is the Messiah?
He is the Son of God. There is a theme in the Gospel of John of whether Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and John 8:24,28,58 are part of this theme. Also John 8:58 should be translated the same as John 8:24 and John 8:28 "I am he" and as such this is not a quotation or allusion to Exodus 3:14 which should be translated "I will be" as per Tyndale and the RV and RSV margins. Well, that covers two items on your list. Please refer to the multitude of other threads on this forum and similar forums for an answer to the rest of your quotations.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings robert pate,

He is the Son of God. There is a theme in the Gospel of John of whether Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and John 8:24,28,58 are part of this theme. Also John 8:58 should be translated the same as John 8:24 and John 8:28 "I am he" and as such this is not a quotation or allusion to Exodus 3:14 which should be translated "I will be" as per Tyndale and the RV and RSV margins. Well, that covers two items on your list. Please refer to the multitude of other threads on this forum and similar forums for an answer to the rest of your quotations.

Kind regards
Trevor
Thank you Trevor..

I think we are on the same page....good to know..

Blade

Greetings Bladerunner,
I think we are on the same page....good to know..
You seem to endorse robert pate in general as well, but I suggest that Jesus does not claim to be Deity in John 8:28 which is in the immediate context of John 8:24. I have seen similar lists before and they are almost forced to exclude John 8:28, but they nearly always have John 8:58, and also often John 8:24. Jesus is not God, as he is the Son of God. There is one God, Yahweh, God the Father.

Also looking at the list robert pate is very bold quoting John 17:21 which helps to unlock John 10:30. But John 10:30 can be also properly understood by considering what Jesus answered in John 10:31-36, firstly his quotation of Psalm 82:6, then his pointing out the miracles, and then by a clear statement of the equivalent of what he actually said in John 10:30, that he was the Son of God John 10:36.

Kind regards
Trevor

The two terms. Son of God and Son of man they must be rightly divided .Satan would have us believe it all one and the same

No one can be saved that does not believe that Jesus the Son of man the first born of the brethren had the Holy Spirit of God working in his corrupted dying body to both reveal the will and empower Jesus to perform it to the good pleasure of the father .
What applies to the Son of man our brother in the Lord applies to all believers .(sons of God)

Jesus performed the will of his father without murmuring .Un-like Jonas dragged kicking against the pricks all the way and then wanted to die knowing the father would finish his work converting many Ninevites .

Philippians 2:13-1King James Versio For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Jesus as the Son of man would never stand in the holy unseen place of the Father.(the abomination of desolation) making the faith of God not seen to no effect.

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The two terms. Son of God and Son of man they must be rightly divided .Satan would have us believe it all one and the same

No one can be saved that does not believe that Jesus the Son of man the first born of the brethren had the Holy Spirit of God working in his corrupted dying body to both reveal the will and empower Jesus to perform it to the good pleasure of the father .
What applies to the Son of man our brother in the Lord applies to all believers .(sons of God)

Jesus performed the will of his father without murmuring .Un-like Jonas dragged kicking against the pricks all the way and then wanted to die knowing the father would finish his work converting many Ninevites .

Philippians 2:13-1King James Versio For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Jesus as the Son of man would never stand in the holy unseen place of the Father.(the abomination of desolation) making the faith of God not seen to no effect.

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
You said that Jesus had a corrupted dying body.

Jesus was born without sin because he was born of God, not man. He was the sinless Son of God. Before he came to this earth he was the second person of the Godhead, 1 John 5:7. He is before all things and by him all things consist, Colossians 1:17.

You said that Jesus had a corrupted dying body.

Jesus was born without sin because he was born of God, not man. He was the sinless Son of God. Before he came to this earth he was the second person of the Godhead, 1 John 5:7. He is before all things and by him all things consist, Colossians 1:17.

Jesus the Son of man as one of the a sons of man. He was born into a body of sin (flesh and blood ) .He knew other sons of God in the womb also . And because Jesus did the will God empowered empowered by the father he knew no sin .Demonstrating the power of the father and weakness of the Son .

Yes eternal God who is not a man (creation) He is before all created things and by him all things consist according to His unseen Spirit of life .

The one time promised demonstration three days and nights of sufferings in the heart of earth (Isaiah 53) ended 2000 years ago .

Flesh must have been signified as sinful in parables in order to put way sin in the flesh . Something the letter of the law could not do created new spirt life It was the work of the father that worked in jesus the Son of man actual flesh was needed not a theophany like that of Melchezedek a vision.

Romans 8:3 For what the law (death) could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Again not in the Spirit of life there is no sin there

Greetings Bladerunner,

You seem to endorse robert pate in general as well, but I suggest that Jesus does not claim to be Deity in John 8:28 which is in the immediate context of John 8:24. I have seen similar lists before and they are almost forced to exclude John 8:28, but they nearly always have John 8:58, and also often John 8:24. Jesus is not God, as he is the Son of God. There is one God, Yahweh, God the Father.

Also looking at the list robert pate is very bold quoting John 17:21 which helps to unlock John 10:30. But John 10:30 can be also properly understood by considering what Jesus answered in John 10:31-36, firstly his quotation of Psalm 82:6, then his pointing out the miracles, and then by a clear statement of the equivalent of what he actually said in John 10:30, that he was the Son of God John 10:36.

Kind regards
Trevor
Ok, I take it back. no further conversation is necessary as Jesus is GOD. The Bible shows us in many places beside John 8:24..and John 8:28....But it appears you are also Unitiarian?

Blade

Back