• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

All Knowledge is Worthless...

The subject matter is not Greek. It is knowledge and it's value apart from doing in accord with said knowledge. One can claim a thing yet do another. Is this hypocrisy wise? Surely not. One can do in accord with knowledge which is wise; or one can pretend as if they do not know better and in doing so show that they do not value knowledge/ truth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220508-223746.png
    Screenshot_20220508-223746.png
    213 KB · Views: 1
What is knowledge? A lovely woman taught me that there is a distinction between knowledge and wisdom. May she be with the LORD in HIS time if it is HIS will.

G.I. Joe used to have something to say on the subject? Anyone else watch that at all as a child? A little moddo they used to say was "knowing is half the battle". With that said; what would be the other half?

What is knowledge that is not acted upon? What is it's worth? How is anything of any value if not used? A thing can be pretty to look at, but the believer isn't supposed to seek attention or glory for self are they?

(Let's see if this goes anywhere at all)

peace

Indeed, as noted earlier.....wisdom guides us in the right application of knowledge, as we are encouraged to seek after both by Solomon (wisdom especially)...even the 7-fold Spirit of the LORD consists of a spirit of wisdom, knowledge and the fear of the Lord,....so all of these combine in the 7-fold anointing of the Christ which Jesus embodied in his ministry, that we would do likewise. Sophia (wisdom) is a tree a life, her paths are peace,....so 'theosophia' (theosophy) is 'divine wisdom' or the wisdom of 'God'.

7-fold anointing on the Messiah
-

There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
The Spirit of the Lord (1) shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom(2) and understanding(3),
The Spirit of counsel(4) and might(5),
The Spirit of knowledge(6) and of the fear of the Lord(7).

- Is. 11

Knowledge in general and particular is essential though to all things while 'gnosis' is that experiential knowledge that we have with 'God' in the Spirit. I think the heart of what God desires is wisdom and truth in the inward parts; - wisdom works in synergy with all these as aspects of the Spirit guiding the soul, to do his will.

Some of the scribes and teachers kept the 'keys of knowledge' from the people, Jesus comes to restore the lost keys (and the key of David), so the esoteric truth here is important, as we've been given the keys of the kingdom. - if we do not use the 'keys', we cannot open and close the doors (gates) that need to be for the kingdom to appear on earth. We have the power to 'bind'(forbid) and to 'loose'(allow). - how many use their authority in Christ in prayer? Heaven and earth are mirror reflections of each other.....'as above, so below'....so knowledge and wisdom work hand in hand with each other. Wisdom and knowledge are 'gates' as it were.

I love knowledge, but of course....its what we do with it, and how we allow it shape and mold us, to let it 'be' and 'become' all it can be in us and thru us. To 'know' is a wonderful thing by itself of course, but the applying of it is even more empowering in the appropriate situations making that knowledge complete in its 'effect'.

Addendum - I would add that 'understanding' with knowledge & wisdom forms a complete trinity.

---------------------o

What is knowledge? A lovely woman taught me that there is a distinction between knowledge and wisdom. May she be with the LORD in HIS time if it is HIS will.

G.I. Joe used to have something to say on the subject? Anyone else watch that at all as a child? A little moddo they used to say was "knowing is half the battle". With that said; what would be the other half?

What is knowledge that is not acted upon? What is it's worth? How is anything of any value if not used? A thing can be pretty to look at, but the believer isn't supposed to seek attention or glory for self are they?

peace

Sed contra Pops, what is or can be used is the thing of no real value. Such things values are derivative and entirely dependent upon what can be got for them. Somewhere a long the chain of intermediate possessions you reach an end where you find things which are sought for their own sake. Art, music, knowledge, jet skiis, etc. These are the things from which all other intermediate value is actually derived, and if they had no ability to bring them about, would be worthless.

Hello Pops, and everyone.

Pro 1:1 Proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel:

Pro 1:2 For knowing wisdom and instruction, For understanding sayings of intelligence,

Pro 1:3 For receiving the instruction of wisdom, Righteousness, judgment, and uprightness,

Pro 1:4 For giving to simple ones—prudence, To a youth—knowledge and discretion.

Pro 1:5 (The wise doth hear and increaseth learning, And the intelligent doth obtain counsels.)

Pro 1:6 For understanding a proverb and its sweetness, Words of the wise and their acute sayings.

Pro 1:7 Fear of Jehovah is a beginning of knowledge, Wisdom and instruction fools have despised

châkam

khaw-kam'

A primitive root, to be wise (in mind, word or act): - X exceeding, teach wisdom, be (make self, shew self) wise, deal (never so) wisely, make wiser.

chokmâh

khok-maw'

From H2449; wisdom (in a good sense): - skillful, wisdom, wisely, wit.

Hello Pops, and everyone.

Pro 1:1 Proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel:

Pro 1:2 For knowing wisdom and instruction, For understanding sayings of intelligence,

Pro 1:3 For receiving the instruction of wisdom, Righteousness, judgment, and uprightness,

Pro 1:4 For giving to simple ones—prudence, To a youth—knowledge and discretion.

Pro 1:5 (The wise doth hear and increaseth learning, And the intelligent doth obtain counsels.)

Pro 1:6 For understanding a proverb and its sweetness, Words of the wise and their acute sayings.

Pro 1:7 Fear of Jehovah is a beginning of knowledge, Wisdom and instruction fools have despised

châkam

khaw-kam'

A primitive root, to be wise (in mind, word or act): - X exceeding, teach wisdom, be (make self, shew self) wise, deal (never so) wisely, make wiser.

chokmâh

khok-maw'

From H2449; wisdom (in a good sense): - skillful, wisdom, wisely, wit.
And what are your thoughts on these verses?

peace

peace

I watched my step Son growing up who thought he was GI Joe. . . cool . For a while I called him Joe Jack cool LOL He is turning out to be cool.

Mine was the Lone Ranger and Tonto .The dynamic dual

Two kinds of wisdoms from two different sources of knowledge, two paths, light and dark, Two kinds of glories to represent glory.

Mammon the wisdom of this world earthly inspired,. Lust eye, lust flesh, pride of life. And the wisdom that comes from the knowledge above, the doctrines of God that fall like rain causing growth .

I would suggest one way of looking at "good knowledge" is in the face of God . Face to face Moses was revealed the mind of God . It is the same as saying faith (the unseen) to faith (the unseen).

Faith to faith in Romans 1 represents the gospel . What was in part like with Moses, today we have the whole book of revelations .Genesis through Revelation. Face to face.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Roman 1: 16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And what are your thoughts on these verses?

peace

Knowledge and wisdom, are part of learning and growing in faith; in the knowledge of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I am reminded of what Peter wrote in his second letter.

2 Peter 1:5 And this same also -- all diligence having brought in besides, superadd in your faith the worthiness, and in the worthiness the knowledge,

6 and in the knowledge the temperance, and in the temperance the endurance, and in the endurance the piety,

7 and in the piety the brotherly kindness, and in the brotherly kindness the love;

8 for these things being to you and abounding, do make [you] neither inert nor unfruitful in regard to the acknowledging of our Lord Jesus Christ,

9 for he with whom these things are not present is blind, dim-sighted, having become forgetful of the cleansing of his old sins;

10 wherefore, the rather, brethren, be diligent to make stedfast your calling and choice, for these things doing, ye may never stumble,

11 for so, richly shall be superadded to you the entrance into the age-during reign of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12 Wherefore, I will not be careless always to remind you concerning these things, though, having known them, and having been established in the present truth,

13 and I think right, so long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up in reminding [you],

14 having known that soon is the laying aside of my tabernacle, even as also our Lord Jesus Christ did shew to me,

15 and I will be diligent that also at every time ye have, after my outgoing, power to make to yourselves the remembrance of these things.

Knowledge and wisdom, are part of learning and growing in faith; in the knowledge of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I would offer in that way according to the verse you offered .we can see God face to face in the wisdom and knowledge revealed that comes from above falling like rain of the hearts of mankind .

In that way no man can serve two good teaching masters as one unsend Lord .The subject matter found in a series of parables Luke 15 and 16

The subject mater of the whole series of parbles

Note . . .(PURPLE )my added comments

Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God (wisdom )and mammon.(the wisdom of the world )

It teaches us not to seek the dead for the living (paganism) the wisdom of this world (no faith in God)

Three times with three denoting the end of a matter The Holy Spirit pointing to the source of faith that does work in the believer them .. knowledge from God . The two witnesses of God used to represent sola scriptura .(all things writen in the law, signified by Moses and its s testimony , the prophets, signified by Elias .T

wo is the witness of one God greater than the wisdom of this world.

The Holy Spirit informing those who do seek the wisdom of this world (walking by sight) .That even if they witnessed Jesus rising from the dead they would not believe their own eyes . We walk by the faith the unseen wisdom from above

Luke 15:29-31 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.( as one) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets,(the word of God) neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Back