• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

All Knowledge is Worthless...

P

popsthebuilder

What is knowledge? A lovely woman taught me that there is a distinction between knowledge and wisdom. May she be with the LORD in HIS time if it is HIS will.

G.I. Joe used to have something to say on the subject? Anyone else watch that at all as a child? A little moddo they used to say was "knowing is half the battle". With that said; what would be the other half?

What is knowledge that is not acted upon? What is it's worth? How is anything of any value if not used? A thing can be pretty to look at, but the believer isn't supposed to seek attention or glory for self are they?

(Let's see if this goes anywhere at all)

peace

What is knowledge? A lovely woman taught me that there is a distinction between knowledge and wisdom. May she be with the LORD in HIS time if it is HIS will.

G.I. Joe used to have something to say on the subject? Anyone else watch that at all as a child? A little moddo they used to say was "knowing is half the battle". With that said; what would be the other half?

What is knowledge that is not acted upon? What is it's worth? How is anything of any value if not used? A thing can be pretty to look at, but the believer isn't supposed to seek attention or glory for self are they?

(Let's see if this goes anywhere at all)

peace
We're supposed to seek and gain wisdon and understanding, but I would not go so far as to say "all knowledge is worthless". You can't gain wisdom without knowledge.

We're supposed to seek and gain wisdon and understanding, but I would not go so far as to say "all knowledge is worthless". You can't gain wisdom without knowledge.
Thanks. Of course knowledge isn't worthless. My initial point is that knowledge is not of any value of it is not used/ acted upon.

To me, to be wise or to use wisdom is to apply knowledge... Does that make sense?

Thanks. Of course knowledge isn't worthless. My initial point is that knowledge is not of any value of it is not used/ acted upon.
I don't agree. Sometimes it's beneficial just to know something. Two of the manifestations of the gift of holy spirit are word of knowledge and word of wisdom. A word of knowledge is God telling you something. A word of wisdom is what to do in a particular situation. They frequently go together, but not always.

I don't agree. Sometimes it's beneficial just to know something. Two of the manifestations of the gift of holy spirit are word of knowledge and word of wisdom. A word of knowledge is God telling you something. A word of wisdom is what to do in a particular situation. They frequently go together, but not always.
So if GOD tells you something and you do nothing with that knowledge then is it of great worth to you or of so little value that you ignore it?

Not sure how you aren't getting what I'm saying.

So if GOD tells you something and you do nothing with that knowledge then is it of great worth to you or of so little value that you ignore it?

Not sure how you aren't getting what I'm saying.
I think I get what you're saying. But sometimes it's beneficial simply to know something.

• Proverbs 1:7
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

• Proverbs 1:22
    “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?

Malachi 2:7
“For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger / angel of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth.

Back