• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Yahweh Says to Adoni

Greetings again ICHTHUS,

I suggest that this is a distraction from considering the obvious teaching of Psalm 110:1. Also you could use the same type of logic with Shepherd and Saviour and many other aspects of the status and character of God. God is the Shepherd of Psalm 23:1, and Jesus is the Good Shepherd John 10:11. God is the Saviour, Jesus is the Saviour. I was interested to look up the word "Mighty" in "Mighty God" and TDOT has an extensive explanation and part of this has the following: "The Hebrew root is commonly associated with warfare and has to do with the strength and vitality of the successful warrior."

Getting back to Psalm 110:1 we have already considered the distinction between the One God, Yahweh, God the Father and Davids's Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As well as many other quotations and expositions of Psalm 110:1, for example Acts 2 and Revelation 3:21-22, I was interested in the following list of specific expositions of parts of Psalm 110:1 and Psalm 110:4.

In the following list nearly every individual word in Psalm 110:1 and Psalm 110:4 is expounded:
Psalm 110:1 Words emphasised and expounded
my Lord Matthew 22:42-44
said Hebrews 1:13
sit Hebrews 10:12
right hand Hebrews 1:3, 8:1, 12:2
until Hebrews 10:13
until ... enemies 1 Corinthians 15:25

Psalm 110:4 Words emphasised and expounded
The LORD Hebrews 5:6,10
Sworn Hebrews 7:21
Priest Hebrews 5:6
for ever Hebrews 7:25, 10:14
the order of Hebrews 7:11
Melchizedek Hebrews 6:20

Kind regards
Trevor

I have clearly shown from the Hebrew use in the OT, that Adoni, from Adon, is used for Almighty God. I have also shown that verse 5, which in both readings, “’Aḏōnāy”, or "Yehôvâh", are used for GOD, and this verse refers back to 1, where we read of Adoni Who is at the Right Hand of Yahweh. It is very clear that BOTH Persons, Who are DISTINCT, as One is at the Right Hand of the Other, are equally Almighty God. There is not one instance in the entire Bible, where the Father is at the Right Hand of Jesus Christ, so the “’Aḏōnāy”, or "Yehôvâh", in verse 5, cannot refer to anyone other than the "Adoni" of verse 1. This is conclusive that Jesus Christ is Almighty God.

Using Isaiah 9:6 and 10:21, and Deut. 10:17, is not a diatraction but clear evidence that there are TWO distinct Persons Who are equally called MIGHTY GOD. As I have said the version of the JW's, the NWT, reads in both places MIghty God, as well as Deut 10:17. There is no point in quoting from works like TDOT, which have much bias information written by Liberals. The Hebrew of the OT usage for “’ēl gibwōr”, is translated as Mighty God. The Jewish Bible on a Jewish website reads:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace", https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/yeshayahu-isaiah-chapter-9

and 10:21

"The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God", https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/d-varim-deuteronomy-chapter-10

and Deut 10:17, "For HaShem your G-d, He is G-d of gods, and L-rd of lords, the great G-d, the mighty, and the awful, who regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward" https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/d-varim-deuteronomy-chapter-10

Greetings again ICHTHUS,
This is conclusive that Jesus Christ is Almighty God.
I appreciate your response and reaffirmation of what you have previously stated. For my part I also reaffirm what I have stated in my previous posts, and I consider that I have given adequate answers to your position.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again ICHTHUS,

I appreciate your response and reaffirmation of what you have previously stated. For my part I also reaffirm what I have stated in my previous posts, and I consider that I have given adequate answers to your position.

Kind regards
Trevor

your "answers" are your theology, which is not what the Bible says, which is clear in the OP

“It is impossible to document what we now call orthodoxy in the first two centuries of Christianity; heresy often appears more prominently, so much so that orthodoxy looks like a reaction to it. But we can document orthodoxy for all the centuries since then - in other words, for close to seventeen centuries of the church’s existence.”

(Harold O.J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The History Of The Church, p. 5)

A trinitarian concession to history.

There are no trinitarians in the OT. There are no trinitarians in the NT. There are no trinitarians in primitive Christianity.

Jesus Christ IS Himself YHWH. As are the Father and Holy Spirit. Three distinct PERSONS

One God, one power, one person that works in many sons of God

Jesus as the Son of man is our brother in the lord.

The loving commandment is call no man Holy Father on earth .He reigns in our hearts from heaven where our treasure or power is found and born again birth record as citizenship is .

I will offer 7 verses that can be compared to one another (faith to faith) in order to help find the spiritual understanding hid from the lost.

God signified as a father is one Spirit.. The Christ,(teacher, guide, comforter) or referred to Holy Spirit . If any man has not the born again Spirit of Christ he is none of God's chosen elect .

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We like our brother in Christ the Son of man, Jesus have the treasure of the fathers mighty power working in those yoked with Christ. the one Holy Spirit .But would never say the power was of us .That would define the Blasphemy the abomination of desolation . We are not to glory in the flesh (the temporal things seen)

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The father dwells in sons of God working to both reveal and empower mankind to do His good will .

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Romans 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Hebrews 2:109 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

In that way bringing many sons of God born again believers

Jesus is the first recorded born again brother in the born again family' of God .Making up those of whosoever shall do the will of one God. . being empowered by the one Holy Spirit of God

Matthew 12:50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Catholisicim following a law of the faithless Jewish fathers a hierarchy of men that lord it over the faith (understanding) of the non venerable . (oral traditions of men . . "I heard it through the father grapevine."

They need three to develop another kind of false gospel that in the end of the matter makes all things written in the law and the prophets without effect.

In that way it was necessary for those who serve oral traditons; "I heard it through the grapevine" rather than sola scriptura. "as it is written") a

A trinity was need to develop another entity or power (queen of heaven) . The faithless Jewish men in Jerimiah 44 gave into the woman's equal rights (his and hers entities ) In effect saying; We demand a female deity to identify by .This is with full knowledge of the men who knew they were severing many gods, And not the God who has given us a writen witness as law not subject to change .

Changing names Anat, Astarte or Ishtar, Ashtoreth to the Catholic choice Mary, the oral tradition of venerable fathers . Teaching that this Mary Queen entity alone received the fulness of grace (the full price of redemption). Calling her the Mother of mercy plus many other names hat show they worship other gods. .

Teaching all other humans receive a unknowable remnant of grace and offer purgatory with no end in sight in order to continue to wonder, wonder or marvel after.

In that way three or a trinity works for them.

Not all oral traditons or heresies of men are shown as false prophecy But surely that which does despite the the Spirit of grace teaching others (non venerable ones)that only this Queen mother entity named Mary received the fulness . .salivation

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The wrong kind of women's lib .The Jezebel kind

Jerimiah 44:15 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

One God, one power, one person that works in many sons of God

Jesus as the Son of man is our brother in the lord.

The loving commandment is call no man Holy Father on earth .He reigns in our hearts from heaven where our treasure or power is found and born again birth record as citizenship is .

I will offer 7 verses that can be compared to one another (faith to faith) in order to help find the spiritual understanding hid from the lost.

God signified as a father is one Spirit.. The Christ,(teacher, guide, comforter) or referred to Holy Spirit . If any man has not the born again Spirit of Christ he is none of God's chosen elect .

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We like our brother in Christ the Son of man, Jesus have the treasure of the fathers mighty power working in those yoked with Christ. the one Holy Spirit .But would never say the power was of us .That would define the Blasphemy the abomination of desolation . We are not to glory in the flesh (the temporal things seen)

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The father dwells in sons of God working to both reveal and empower mankind to do His good will .

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Romans 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Hebrews 2:109 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

In that way bringing many sons of God born again believers

Jesus is the first recorded born again brother in the born again family' of God .Making up those of whosoever shall do the will of one God. . being empowered by the one Holy Spirit of God

Matthew 12:50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Catholisicim following a law of the faithless Jewish fathers a hierarchy of men that lord it over the faith (understanding) of the non venerable . (oral traditions of men . . "I heard it through the father grapevine."

They need three to develop another kind of false gospel that in the end of the matter makes all things written in the law and the prophets without effect.

In that way it was necessary for those who serve oral traditons; "I heard it through the grapevine" rather than sola scriptura. "as it is written") a

A trinity was need to develop another entity or power (queen of heaven) . The faithless Jewish men in Jerimiah 44 gave into the woman's equal rights (his and hers entities ) In effect saying; We demand a female deity to identify by .This is with full knowledge of the men who knew they were severing many gods, And not the God who has given us a writen witness as law not subject to change .

Changing names Anat, Astarte or Ishtar, Ashtoreth to the Catholic choice Mary, the oral tradition of venerable fathers . Teaching that this Mary Queen entity alone received the fulness of grace (the full price of redemption). Calling her the Mother of mercy plus many other names hat show they worship other gods. .

Teaching all other humans receive a unknowable remnant of grace and offer purgatory with no end in sight in order to continue to wonder, wonder or marvel after.

In that way three or a trinity works for them.

Not all oral traditons or heresies of men are shown as false prophecy But surely that which does despite the the Spirit of grace teaching others (non venerable ones)that only this Queen mother entity named Mary received the fulness . .salivation

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The wrong kind of women's lib .The Jezebel kind

Jerimiah 44:15 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

The Father is Yahweh, He Send another Person Who is also Yahweh, which is very clear from Isaiah 48:16, in its context, and Zechariah 2:6-11

John 1:1, says that Jesus Christ is the Word of God, Who is also God, Who then becomes flesh and lives with us, as in verse 14. In verse 18, BOTH the Father and Jesus Christ are equally God. 2 Samuel 23:2 says that the Holy Spirit is Yahweh. Acts 5:3-4 says the Holy Spirit is God. This makes THREE distinct Persons Who are GOD. In Isaiah 48:16, One Yahweh sends His Spirit, which makes the Spirit the SENT, and distinct!

“It is impossible to document what we now call orthodoxy in the first two centuries of Christianity; heresy often appears more prominently, so much so that orthodoxy looks like a reaction to it. But we can document orthodoxy for all the centuries since then - in other words, for close to seventeen centuries of the church’s existence.”

(Harold O.J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The History Of The Church, p. 5)

A trinitarian concession to history.

There are no trinitarians in the OT. There are no trinitarians in the NT. There are no trinitarians in primitive Christianity.

your blind theology continues against the Bible!

Dr. Brown (deceased) was a trinitarian. He wasn’t against the Bible; he was all in on historical trinitarianism.

interesting how you keep on quoting from people who are against what the Bible teaches, regardless of their background. I saw you mention on another thread, how Psalm 110:1 "proves" that Jesus Christ is not God. I have shown from the Bible, that this is wrong, as GOD ALMIGHTY is also called ADON in many places in the OT. Also the fact, that in verse 5, it reads, "Yahweh at Your Right Hand", Who is the ADON of verse 1! Clearly TWO Who are YHWH.

This is what the Bible actually teaches, and not some man-made theology!

The Father is Yahweh, He Send another Person Who is also Yahweh, which is very clear from Isaiah 48:16, in its context, and Zechariah 2:6-11

John 1:1, says that Jesus Christ is the Word of God, Who is also God, Who then becomes flesh and lives with us, as in verse 14. In verse 18, BOTH the Father and Jesus Christ are equally God. 2 Samuel 23:2 says that the Holy Spirit is Yahweh. Acts 5:3-4 says the Holy Spirit is God. This makes THREE distinct Persons Who are GOD. In Isaiah 48:16, One Yahweh sends His Spirit, which makes the Spirit the SENT, and distinct!
The father sent his Holy Spirit the Spirit of Christ One God one Spirt one work of faith using the temporal seen to give us the gospel understanding hid from the faithless lost .Without parables Christ the Holy Spirit spoke not

One distinct person empowering all who do the will of God our father . Jesus the firstborn of many sons of God.

Mark 3:35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother

Jesus is our brother in the Lord not our heavenly father. Call no man on earth father as God unseen (Blasphemy)

Any standard Hebrew Lexicon will confirm that adon is the root word for adoni and adonai. Adon can be applied to God, human persons, and occasionally angels. As @TrevorL pointed out in post #14, it is a title, not a proper / personal name.

Adoni occurs 195 times in the Hebrew Bible / the Old Testament. It is never used in reference to God. It is always used in reference to someone who is not God.

I’ve listed all 195 occurrences of adoni and will post it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

The obvious and simple refutation of the OP.

The trinitarian commentary opposing the OP is gravy.

Back