• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Yahweh Says to Adoni

Greetings again ICHTHUS,

You will need to answer my first objection. Adoni is not equivalent to Yahweh. Well, progressing down your post:

No David calls Jesus his Lord (Adoni), not his LORD (Yahweh). .

I do not agree. Yahweh, God the Father is addressed as Lord in Psalm 8:1, Matthew 11:25.

I have read the rest of your Post and disagree with the merger of Yahweh and Adoni.

Kind regards
Trevor

The Name adon is used for Almighty God in the Old Testament as I have clearly shown in the OP

I have also shown that in verse 5, which refers to verse 1, there are many Hebrew manuscripts that read Yahweh.

This makes Adon equal to Yahweh

Your theology prevents you from accepting what the Bible actually teaches

Greetings again ICHTHUS,
The Name adon is used for Almighty God in the Old Testament as I have clearly shown in the OP
Adon is not a Name, but is a title, and is used for God, a master, a ruler, a superior.
I have also shown that in verse 5, which refers to verse 1, there are many Hebrew manuscripts that read Yahweh.
I can accept the rendition Yahweh here. It is speaking of Yahweh empowering Jesus when Jesus goes forth to conquer his enemies. Psalm 110:1 is speaking about where Jesus is seated.
This makes Adon equal to Yahweh
Only if you use your faulty logic or faulty syllogisms.
Your theology prevents you from accepting what the Bible actually teaches
You have yet to verify what the Bible actually teaches about Yahweh and Adoni. Your theology would only be correct if you can merge Adoni and Yahweh in Psalm 110:1 where it is obvious that they are distinct.

Kind regards
Trevor

Any standard Hebrew Lexicon will confirm that adon is the root word for adoni and adonai. Adon can be applied to God, human persons, and occasionally angels. As @TrevorL pointed out in post #14, it is a title, not a proper / personal name.

Adoni occurs 195 times in the Hebrew Bible / the Old Testament. It is never used in reference to God. It is always used in reference to someone who is not God.

I’ve listed all 195 occurrences of adoni and will post it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Greetings again ICHTHUS,

Adon is not a Name, but is a title, and is used for God, a master, a ruler, a superior.

I can accept the rendition Yahweh here. It is speaking of Yahweh empowering Jesus when Jesus goes forth to conquer his enemies. Psalm 110:1 is speaking about where Jesus is seated.

Only if you use your faulty logic or faulty syllogisms.

You have yet to verify what the Bible actually teaches about Yahweh and Adoni. Your theology would only be correct if you can merge Adoni and Yahweh in Psalm 110:1 where it is obvious that they are distinct.

Kind regards
Trevor

You can't refute the fact in verse 5 which refers to Jesus Christ in verse 1, originally read Yahweh

Greetings again ICHTHUS,
You can't refute the fact in verse 5 which refers to Jesus Christ in verse 1, originally read Yahweh
Ambiguous. Yes, I refute what you claim. Psalm 110:1 never ever read Yahweh said to my Yahweh as you have suggested in your OP. I have already accepted "Yahweh" in verse 5 applies to God the Father who will help Jesus conquer his enemies.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again ICHTHUS,

Ambiguous. Yes, I refute what you claim. Psalm 110:1 never ever read Yahweh said to my Yahweh as you have suggested in your OP.

Kind regards
Trevor

Adon most certainly is used for Almighty God as is clear from the Bible verses in the OP. So Psalm 110.1 is equal Deity for both Persons

How comes you ignore Isaiah 9.6 and 10 21 where Mighty God is used for Jesus Christ and the Father

Greetings again ICHTHUS,
Adon most certainly is used for Almighty God as is clear from the Bible verses in the OP. So Psalm 110.1 is equal Deity for both Persons
Same faulty syllogism. Enough said, late at night here in Australia. Bye.

Kind regards
Trevor

”The Apostles did not identify Jesus with Yahweh. Psalm 110:1 prevented this.”

(Charles Bigg, International Critical Commentary, I Peter, p. 99)

Yahweh and Adoni are immutable attributes of God . the two names Yahweh and Adonai paired together in the Bible together are our almighty God has also become of savior .

Both the small case lord and the large case Lord working as one God a demonstration to the world . Jesus our brother in the lord refused to stand in the Holy place as Lord of lords

Mark10: 16-18 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. (the Lord of lords)

Yahweh and Adoni are immutable attributes of God . the two names Yahweh and Adonai paired together in the Bible together are our almighty God has also become of savior .

Both the small case lord and the large case Lord working as one God a demonstration to the world . Jesus our brother in the lord refused to stand in the Holy place as Lord of lords

Mark10: 16-18 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. (the Lord of lords)

Jesus Christ IS Himself YHWH. As are the Father and Holy Spirit. Three distinct PERSONS

Greetings again ICHTHUS,
You are still ignoring the verses from isaiah
I suggest that this is a distraction from considering the obvious teaching of Psalm 110:1. Also you could use the same type of logic with Shepherd and Saviour and many other aspects of the status and character of God. God is the Shepherd of Psalm 23:1, and Jesus is the Good Shepherd John 10:11. God is the Saviour, Jesus is the Saviour. I was interested to look up the word "Mighty" in "Mighty God" and TDOT has an extensive explanation and part of this has the following: "The Hebrew root is commonly associated with warfare and has to do with the strength and vitality of the successful warrior."

Getting back to Psalm 110:1 we have already considered the distinction between the One God, Yahweh, God the Father and Davids's Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As well as many other quotations and expositions of Psalm 110:1, for example Acts 2 and Revelation 3:21-22, I was interested in the following list of specific expositions of parts of Psalm 110:1 and Psalm 110:4.

In the following list nearly every individual word in Psalm 110:1 and Psalm 110:4 is expounded:
Psalm 110:1 Words emphasised and expounded
my Lord Matthew 22:42-44
said Hebrews 1:13
sit Hebrews 10:12
right hand Hebrews 1:3, 8:1, 12:2
until Hebrews 10:13
until ... enemies 1 Corinthians 15:25

Psalm 110:4 Words emphasised and expounded
The LORD Hebrews 5:6,10
Sworn Hebrews 7:21
Priest Hebrews 5:6
for ever Hebrews 7:25, 10:14