• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why was Jesus Sent?

Was Jesus lying here? Because certainly "Jesus" was still physically in the world at that time..... so it wasn't him speaking of his physical self, was it?

But folks insist on treating Jesus as unique, because they've been taught to....

Jeremiah 1:4
Zechariah 4:8
Ezekiel 21:8
Daniel 9
1 Samuel 15:10

How many more would you like?

Was Jesus lying here? Because certainly "Jesus" was still physically in the world at that time..... so it wasn't him speaking of his physical self, was it?
What?
But folks insist on treating Jesus as unique, because they've been taught to....

Daniel 9
What? What is that even connected to. And if someone doesn't think Jesus is unique, they aren't looking at the real Jesus.
How about something that actually means something?

Interesting that he didn't say right there-- "I am the Spirit of the Lord" or I am the Father God, sent as a man ( @God's Truth ) or I am God in the flesh or anything of the sort...

He said what he said in the way he said it for a reason. And what he said is exactly what Isaiah wrote of himself at another time. So why do we treat Jesus different than Isaiah or any other prophet that the spirit, or word or angel of the Lord came upon?
Jesus was ever without sin. The very Spirit of GOD wasn't only upon Him; IT over flowed through Him. He was born of GOD so much so that an angel descended and proclaimed it to blessed Mary. Was Isaiah first born of the dead? The second Adam? The lamb without blemish? The Word/ Spirit become man? These are genuine questions.

Irregardless; to me Jesus can refer to the Spirit of GOD now; in this age, seeing as how HIS Spirit that filled Jesus has surely returned to GOD.

....Yet GOD's Word doesn't return empty.

Isaiah 55:1-13

(GOD is with us; and though some will raise up to the esteem of sibling to Christ; none other will ever be the first born. Judah was supposed to be I reckon (pretty sure they dropped the ball on that one (not that they can't be brought back in.)))

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel 9

....only begotten is rather unique is it not?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-204805.png
    Screenshot_20220317-204805.png
    218 KB · Views: 2
Why was Jesus sent?
This verse directly answers your question.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

That does not mean everyone will automatically be saved, Matthew.

Some of the works of the devil are that all creation has been subjected to frustration, put in bondage to decay, and subject to groaning as in the pains of childbirth.

Rom 8: (NIV)
20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it [the devil], in hope
21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

One day Jesus Christ will return and take back the control of this world from the devil (1 John 5:19). That has not happened yet. But it will.

Thank you for adding that post, Pops.

I desire for anyone to share whatever they would like to from the Bible. I believe there are several answers to why Jesus sent.

Just a little addition:

And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me, to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.” Luke 4:17-19

He was sent to redeem Israel, and save the elect; of which we aren't. If his followers were not supposed to taste of death, why did he?

If Enoch is the first person raptured, and didn't taste of death, then early "Christians" were blessed indeed.

Back