• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why Jesus Doesn't Need Your Help to Save You

Like here?

Luke 18:
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
What do you mean like here?

I gave the scripture.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed.

What you don't understand is that the Law is spiritual, it searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. This means that all of your thoughts would have to be without sin. No lusting, no coveting, no anger, 100% pure righteous thoughts all day, everyday.
The law taught what sin was and gave ideas for sin that some people might not have even of thought of.
What do you mean the law searches the desires and intent of the heart? That scripture you gave doesn't say that.
As for not sinning in thought, you haven't worked though out yet?!!! You said you have been a Christian for 50 years!!!!

The law taught what sin was and gave ideas for sin that some people might not have even of thought of.
What do you mean the law searches the desires and intent of the heart? That scripture you gave doesn't say that.
As for not sinning in thought, you haven't worked though out yet?!!! You said you have been a Christian for 50 years!!!!
Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin? Hebrews 4:12.

Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin? Hebrews 4:12.
So you aren't going to answer my questions to you? You answer a question with a question!
I don't sin in my thoughts all the time like the unsaved.

What do you mean the law searches the desires and intent of the heart?
That is what YOU said.
However, the SCRIPTURE says the Spirit searches the heart.

What makes you think the unsaved sin in their thoughts all the time?
What makes you think they don't?
They think about a lot of things that are sinful.
Jesus says not to lust and hate in your thoughts.
I don't think of sinful things.
You still sinning in your thoughts?

What makes you think they don't?
So you're not going to answer?
They think about a lot of things that are sinful.
They may. What makes you think the unsaved sin in their thoughts all the time?
Jesus says not to lust and hate in your thoughts.
That's right. What makes you think the unsaved have lust and hate in their thoughts all the time?
I don't think of sinful things.
I don't think you know what sin is.
You still sinning in your thoughts?
Yes I do. Not all the time, but I do.

So you're not going to answer?
You are the one who doesn't answer questions.
They may. What makes you think the unsaved sin in their thoughts all the time?That's right. What makes you think the unsaved have lust and hate in their thoughts all the time?

Because of what the Bible says, and because I know many unsaved people.
I don't think you know what sin is.
You think wrong a lot.
Yes I do. Not all the time, but I do.
You know it is sin, right?

You are the one who doesn't answer questions.
You still haven't answered. What makes you think the unsaved sin in their thoughts all the time?
Because of what the Bible says, and because I know many unsaved people.
I know many unsaved people too, and I know that don't sin in their thoughts all the time.
You think wrong a lot.
So you say..
You know it is sin, right?
Yes. I know I still sin. I know you do too, whether you are able to acknowledge it or not.

You still haven't answered.
Good grief stop saying that.
What makes you think the unsaved sin in their thoughts all the time?
Go pay better attention and get back to me about that.
I know many unsaved people too, and I know that don't sin in their thoughts all the time.
You in their mind?
So you say..

Yes. I know I still sin. I know you do too, whether you are able to acknowledge it or not.
So not all the UNsaved sin in their mind, you say, but I still sin.
That sounds deranged.

Good grief stop saying that.

Go pay better attention and get back to me about that.

You in their mind?
You still haven't answered. What makes you think the unsaved sin in their thoughts all the time?
So not all the UNsaved sin in their mind, you say, but I still sin.
Yes. All people sin, whether saved or unsaved. The only person who never sinned was Jesus Christ.
That sounds deranged.
It's Bible. The Bible is not deranged.

Back