• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Who wants to know the law?

Here's something to know about the law .....

Leviticus 19 ESV
(3) Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and you shall keep my Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.

In the above it has the mother listed first instead of the father as in Ex. 20:12.

Some scholars suggests this is intentional so no one will think of either having more value than the other.

He causes us to increase, if we do His commandments as He commanded.

For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders:
neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.

Exodus 34:24

If he does not work in us to both reveal his will and empower us to perform it .. . then there cannot be any increase .

Jesus did it with delight. Some like Jonah were tossed over board, vomited out, dragged kickng against the pricks (the law of God) all the way and wanted to die knowing God is a God of mercy and grace.

Philpians 2:13_14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

That is ok, you were never frocked. I am just thankful that you are so enamoured with your own tongue that you will have little to no influence on the internet.
I am able to perceive other men's garments, now that I have washed mine.
Completing the work of the law of leprosy is how we discern the clean from the unclean.

I do this for the Lord, not for you. He blesses me, you do not.
But my sincere wish is that any man with ears might benefit from hearing God's own words.
But I cannot, and do not even wish to, change any man against his own mind.
I pray God's will be done.
If He wants to destroy you, or if He wants to save you, so be it.

And yes, I do prefer my new tongue from Jesus over having a mouth like an open sepulchre.
You condemn me for it, you make light of it, and I have not heard you acknowledge the scripture says we shall have one,
like you don't even care that you missed out on getting yours.
But that is your business with God, not mine.

It is useless to continue with a person who is only here to promote their own particular religious sect. But because you "Omitted" an important part of Jesus Word's, it should be pointed out to others reading along.

"And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

He was already cleansed, but not because he participated in the "Works of the Law" for cleansing, as prescribed by Moses.

"But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter."

It had nothing to do with being allowed back into the Pharisees religion, or Jewish community. You just made that part up.
I will pick a mote this time, SM.

Their offerings can be very useful.
And I see that you are using them well,
for comparing with what God's word says in scripture.

Even as you say, so others can see how they speak contrariwise to their Lord in the written word.

And the fat of the beast that dieth of itself, and the fat of that which is torn with beasts,
may be used in any other use: but ye shall in no wise eat of it.

Leviticus 7:24

To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all His saints.
Praise ye the Lord.

Psalm 149:9

If he does not work in us to both reveal his will and empower us to perform it .. . then there cannot be any increase .
Thank you, G Lee.

My life was a wilderness for the first forty years,
wherein there were many fiery serpents and scorpions,
and drought where there was no water of heaven.

And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness,
to humble thee,
and to prove thee,
to know what was in thine heart,
whether thou wouldest keep His commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 8:2

Jesus did it with delight. Some like Jonah were tossed over board, vomited out, dragged kickng against the pricks (the law of God) all the way and wanted to die knowing God is a God of mercy and grace.
So did David, so did St Paul. So does everyone who chooses to walk in the law.

I delight to do Thy will, O my God:
yea, Thy law is within my heart.

Psalm 40:8

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:22

Philpians 2:13_14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Do all things.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:13

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy;
break up your fallow ground:
for it is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you.

Hosea 10:12​

My life was a wilderness for the first forty years,
wherein there were many fiery serpents and scorpions,
and drought where there was no water of heaven.

And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness,
to humble thee,
and to prove thee,
to know what was in thine heart,
whether thou wouldest keep His commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 8:2
The only thing you are proving is you do despite the the grace of Christ . we do not work to get saved He does all the work. . both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Philipians 2: 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

It’s one thing to offer an opinion called a heresy but when it denies the lord bought us by his grace and mercy it is judgeable . Have you been born again from above? Or born in wilderness wherein there were many fiery serpents and scorpions?

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Hebrews 10:29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

. we do not work to get saved He does all the work. . both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
So you are one of those.

I thought you said you are not. I am disappointed.

God and Jesus gave His followers all kinds of work for God's kingdom.

If you reject the work They gave us, there is no salvation for you dear.

So you are one of those.

I thought you said you are not. I am disappointed.

God and Jesus gave His followers all kinds of work for God's kingdom.

If you reject the work They gave us, there is no salvation for you dear.

One of what?

As he informed us in Philippians 2.:13-14 that He performs the work he appoints to us ,No power coming from dying flesh and blood the death sentence . (its appointtned for all to die once)

Philippians 2.:13-1413 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Some murrur and say. What about me? Is there any of the work attributed to dead or dying flesh and blood?

I would think a person would we rejoice rather than disappointment.

Only God can make our hard heart soft .No man can turn Him

Job 23: 11-16 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him.
For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:

Does he make your heart soft?

Back