• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Where do you get your Authority?

M

MatthewG

Are you someone who believes that they have authority over others and their faith?

I would like to say to you, that you are wrong. Unless you can justify that you indeed in fact have authority over others who are of the faith.

Say you use the Bible as your Authority: Then who gave you that authority was it God? I do not believe the Bible claims we have any authority at all.

God is the authority, and his authority is by and through the Holy Spirit.

I have no authority over others at all. I wont make demands on others of what they should do or should not do. From my perspective all people should have freedom to live their life how they want to, poor or rich. If you have the holy spirit move into you, you will realize (or should realize) that you are only accountable to God, and God alone, your are not accountable to others. What you do with your own life is your own choice!
God bless everyone of you.

Are you someone who believes that they have authority over others and their faith?

I would like to say to you, that you are wrong. Unless you can justify that you indeed in fact have authority over others who are of the faith.

Say you use the Bible as your Authority: Then who gave you that authority was it God? I do not believe the Bible claims we have any authority at all.

I have no authority over others at all. I wont make demands on others of what they should do or should not do. From my perspective all people should have freedom to live their life how they want to, poor or rich. If you have the holy spirit move into you, you will realize (or should realize) that you are only accountable to God, and God alone, your are not accountable to others. What you do with your own life is your own choice!

And glad you asked .

And in Eph 5:1 it reads , Therefore , be IMITATORS OF God as beloved children .

Then in 1 Cor 11;1 it says , You become IMITATORS of me , just as I also ( am ) of Christ .

We then see , that since Paul is the APOSTLE to the Gentiles , we are to follow Pauline truth .

And Rom 16:25 and to be FIRM according to MY GOSPEL ( what Paul preached ) in verse 26 having made known to all GENTILES for OBEDIENCE OF FAITH.

An in 1 Tim 1:4 says not to pay attention to Fables , and Endless genealogies , which CAUSE questions , rather than God's DISPENSATION , the one by FAITH .

dan p

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed, each have the spirit and conscience given to them by the Creator to navigate their way thru life and to unfold their divine potential and destinies. Truth itself is its own authority, so the spirit of truth is teacher, leader, guide in all things. 'all shall be taught by God'.

-----------o

Only God has authority, aside from our governing system such as supervisors, police officers, and judges - who are in place to contain what it is that they do in their very own work. Did I ever say I had any authority in the post? Not that is recalled to my mind.

Parents are also considered a type of governor the guardian over their children until they are of the legal age. That is also a type of authority figure, but when it comes to having any authority, no grace, I do not.

Interesting scripture from the prophet Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 9:23-24​

New International Version​

23 This is what the LORD says:
“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
or the strong boast of their strength
or the rich boast of their riches,
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the LORD.

Jeremiah 31:33-34​

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the LORD.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the LORD.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Jeremiah 31:33-34​

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the LORD.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the LORD.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
This is a prophecy of the future millennial kingdom. Now, there are still teachers, and not everyone knows the Lord.

Back