• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What is Faith, according to the Scriptures

The exact people God used the law to witness against.
King James Bible
Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Num. 14:22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

23 Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:

24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

Apparently the God of the Bible used the LAW as a witness ONLY "against" those who rejected it. Could this be because a true Israelite, is one "Inwardly", like Caleb, Joshua, Gideon, Daniel, Shadrech, etc.?

Funny how you mainstream preachers always fail to mention this part of the Holy Scriptures.

LOL,

You do my words like you do God's. You look right at them, and then continue as if they didn't exist.

"So if I had to place a label on myself, or "self identify", it would be an "Israelite"
Don’t you realize that most of your words are generalizations that have little to do with the topic at hand. You spend half your time addressing the worlds modern day preachers or telling of Constantine or lumping reform theology, Southern Baptist Theology and evangelical theology in one big globe and throwing it at everyone.

No, not as defined by the Catholic Church and all her "many" Protestant daughters. I believe there is the One True God, And HIS Son, the Rock of Israel, who this God Sent. And they are of one mind. And Their Words are Spirit, and they are Life. And they are both Holy, therefore they are the Holy Spirit.

This is why, in my view, Jesus said to "Live by Every Word which Proceeds from the mouth of God", for they are Spirit, and they are Life.

You guys can have your "trinity" and your "OSAS", and your "Tulip", and your "legalism", all man made doctrines and traditions. Paul teaches what I need are the Holy Scriptures to become wise unto Salvation, through FAITH which is IN Jesus. All I need for "doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" are these same Holy scriptures inspired by the Spirit of Christ/God. And why does the true Body of Christ Need these Holy Scriptures? So That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If this teaching of Paul is good enough for Timothy, a member of the Body of Christ in good standing, then the Lord knows I need them as well, and I am thankful that God put so many through so much, to have them written for my admonition, and delivered into my own home. Thank you God for your long suffering and mercy, and that you Jesus for giving me a chance at putting on the "New Man" "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."
That's were many turn things upside down We are saved by the faith of Christ coming down like rain the water of the word. .Not our human faith (conscience) towards Him. But he acknowledgement of him working in us the confession of faith .Yes I hear and believe empower me to do your good will. .

As always he must to the first works.
Note. . .(purple) my offering

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, (the hearing of faith) and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the (new) heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Can't save oneself.

If no hearing, No faith the outcome. Faith without as outcome or testimony is dead.

it would be like God declaring as a Law . . "Let there be" and nothing changed no testimony of faith (power)

That's were many turn things upside down We are saved by the faith of Christ coming down like rain the water of the word. .Not our human faith (conscience) towards Him. But he acknowledgement of him working in us the confession of faith .Yes I hear and believe empower me to do your good will. .

As always he must to the first works.
Note. . .(purple) my offering

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, (the hearing of faith) and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the (new) heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Can't save oneself.

If no hearing, No faith the outcome. Faith without as outcome or testimony is dead.

it would be like God declaring as a Law . . "Let there be" and nothing changed no testimony of faith (power)
That is the wonderful thing about a living faith given to those who will recieve it. It’s a mean dog that immediately begins attacking the sin in us and convicting us of it so that we may run to Christ.

A dead faith is dead and no amount of whipping it with our “good works” will cause it to get up a live again

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t you realize that most of your words are generalizations that have little to do with the topic at hand. You spend half your time addressing the worlds modern day preachers or telling of Constantine or lumping reform theology, Southern Baptist Theology and evangelical theology in one big globe and throwing it at everyone.
You guys, trin believers follow man-made doctrines.

So of course you will be lumped in the same category.

You guys, trin believers follow man-made doctrines.

So of course you will be lumped in the same category.
Easy to say it but you can’t point to a single man made doctrine I follow. You, fallow Shak-made doctrines such as. “I’m right so I can be as cantankerous as I please. No need to listen to what Jesus says about that.”

Easy to say it but you can’t point to a single man made doctrine I follow. You, fallow Shak-made doctrines such as. “I’m right so I can be as cantankerous as I please. No need to listen to what Jesus says about that.”
everything you follow is man-made doctrines.

And yet you can’t name a single one.
Trinity doctrine, "OSAS", "I am saved" "Faith only" and "Grace only". "legalism." "It is not a requirement to obey the commandment for salvation"

they are all man-made doctrines.

And this is a statement, not up for debate.

There is nothing about the law in those verses.
They are about folks who disbelieved God after seeing his miracles.
Therefore, bringing up Caleb does not address my statement.

Trinity doctrine, "OSAS", "I am saved" "Faith only" and "Grace only". "legalism." "It is not a requirement to obey the commandment for salvation"

they are all man-made doctrines.

And this is a statement, not up for debate.
The divinity of Christ, The Father and The Holy Ghost is in the Bible. Is 40:3, Matt 6:9, Acts 5:3

OSAS I don’t believe in. Hebrews 6

"I am saved" is in the bible Titus 3:5

Legalism is in the bible. Titus 3:5, Gal 3:10

Shak, you just don't know your bible very well.

The divinity of Christ, The Father and The Holy Ghost is in the Bible. Is 40:3, Matt 6:9, Acts 5:3

OSAS I don’t believe in. Hebrews 6

"I am saved" is in the bible Titus 3:5

Legalism is in the bible. Titus 3:5, Gal 3:10

Shak, you just don't know your bible very well.
You guys are so happy following man-made doctrines by twisting the verses.

Back