• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What is Faith, according to the Scriptures

It is interesting how you parse this verse de-emphasizing " through FAITH which is IN Jesus."
I did no such thing, LOL. (Hint = Red highlight) You just don't want to talk about why Paul is telling the true Body of Christ to "DO" something 14+ years after Jesus Ascended, so that a man of God "may be perfect". This is just one in the long list of Scriptures which bring question to this worlds religious philosophy you are promoting. The Pharisees didn't want to discuss Scriptures with Jesus or Paul either. My hope is maybe you will someday, before it's too late, consider why so much of the Bible teaches the opposite this worlds religions you are promoting.

So that the man of God... This text is written to the man of God not to sinners seeking to earn salvation.

You mean like those who "by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality,? " Those who " seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;" Those who "deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow the Jesus of the Bible".

It is no wonder you must refrain from actually engaging in an honest discussion of Scriptures. I don't have to accuse you, there is one that accuses you, even Paul, in whom you trust. For had you believed Paul, you and I would be in agreement.

Acts 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, (Jews) and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they (ALL) should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Why is it that you go off like a firecracker? You are like a boxer beating the air. You suddenly start throwing accusations left and right without even knowing whether or not you have a target to shoot at.
LOL, I go off? LOL, You post this because I said the following? Wow Karen, calm down. It's the Scriptures that are stinging you, I'm just the poor slob that is showing them to you.

"If this teaching of Paul is good enough for Timothy, a member of the Body of Christ in good standing, then the Lord knows I need them as well, and I am thankful that God put so many through so much, to have them written for my admonition, and delivered into my own home. Thank you God for your long suffering and mercy, and thank you Jesus for giving me a chance at putting on the "New Man" "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

Which is simply my reasonable service.

What do you self-identify as?-

I used to use the word "Christian" which implied a change from the natural man to being "Christlike", at least this was how it was viewed in Scriptures for the 2 times it was used in the entire Bible. But the term has been co-opted by the prince of this world who Paul said will disguise itself as an "Apostle of Christ", and turned into a business opportunity with tax breaks and entertainment venues. What was once the simplicity of being "Faithful" to the God of the Bible, has turned into a worldly religion peddling every conceivable wind of doctrine, from paying tribute to Jesus' mother, to creating images of Christ in the likeness of some men's hair shampoo model, to preaching that the Pharisees which killed the Prophets, and Jesus Himself, and persecuted the Church of God, were actually trying to earn salvation by obeying God. And there are "many" who truly believe this crap.

She has truly become a Harlot, not because I say so, but because the Holy Scriptures say so. And you are sleeping with her GA, and inviting others to do the same. And the very medicine and knowledge to escape from her clutches, you dismiss. But Paul didn't, and that is what he was telling Timothy in 2 Tim. 3, that I posted, and you blew off.

In the Old Testament, God used the word "Israelite" as a label for HIS People. Jesus is the Rock, the Root of Israel. Paul said we are to be grafted into this Holy Root, and be partakers with them.

I recall a conversation Jesus had.

John 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. 44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. 46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

So if I had to place a label on myself, or "self identify", it would be an "Israelite".

But he is a Jew, (Israelite) which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

I used to use the word "Christian" which implied a change from the natural man to being "Christlike", at least this was how it was viewed in Scriptures for the 2 times it was used in the entire Bible. But the term has been co-opted by the prince of this world who Paul said will disguise itself as an "Apostle of Christ", and turned into a business opportunity with tax breaks and entertainment venues. What was once the simplicity of being "Faithful" to the God of the Bible, has turned into a worldly religion peddling every conceivable wind of doctrine, from paying tribute to Jesus' mother, to creating images of Christ in the likeness of some men's hair shampoo model, to preaching that the Pharisees which killed the Prophets, and Jesus Himself, and persecuted the Church of God, were actually trying to earn salvation by obeying God. And there are "many" who truly believe this crap.

She has truly become a Harlot, not because I say so, but because the Holy Scriptures say so. And you are sleeping with her GA, and inviting others to do the same. And the very medicine and knowledge to escape from her clutches, you dismiss. But Paul didn't, and that is what he was telling Timothy in 2 Tim. 3, that I posted, and you blew off.

In the Old Testament, God used the word "Israelite" as a label for HIS People. Jesus is the Rock, the Root of Israel. Paul said we are to be grafted into this Holy Root, and be partakers with them.

I recall a conversation Jesus had.

John 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. 44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. 46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

So if I had to place a label on myself, or "self identify", it would be an "Israelite".

But he is a Jew, (Israelite) which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
All these words and yet the fact remains that you self identify as a Christian.

All these words and yet the fact remains that you self identify as a Christian.

LOL,

You do my words like you do God's. You look right at them, and then continue as if they didn't exist.

"So if I had to place a label on myself, or "self identify", it would be an "Israelite"

LOL,
"So if I had to place a label on myself, or "self identify", it would be an "Israelite"
The exact people God used the law to witness against.
King James Bible
Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Back