• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Unity in exclusivity is mere tribalism - Nothing special there

My view of who God is? If that’s what you’re asking about, yes; it is infallible.

Why? Because it depends entirely upon what the Messiah himself said concerning who his God and the God of his disciples is.

If Jesus’ view is wrong then my view is not infallible.
Is your understanding of what Jesus said about God infallible?
There is no consensus. Someone else may be right. Or more likely, everyone is wrong.

]

Is your understanding of what Jesus said about God infallible?

He couldn’t have said it any more plainly than he did.

If we don’t know who his God is then we don’t know who God is.

There is no consensus. Someone else may be right.

If you’re persuaded that they’re right, then unite with them.

Or more likely, everyone is wrong.

]

Those who believe what Jesus believes aren’t wrong. In order to accept you’re suggestion I think we would have to say that no one knows what Jesus believes; the words that he spoke have no meaning to us.

That sounds good in theory.
How could one EVER test it?

]

Are you willing to say that Jesus didn’t, doesn’t and will never have a God? I’m not.

Are you willing to say that Jesus didn’t worship his God? I’m not.

Are you willing to say that Jesus worshipped an idol? I’m not.

Are you willing to compare whoever or whatever you worship as your God with the God whom Jesus worships? I do that every day.

Those who believe what Jesus believes aren’t wrong. In order to accept you’re suggestion I think we would have to say that no one knows what Jesus believes; the words that he spoke have no meaning to us.
We don't have to agree on what Jesus said for his words to have meaning to us.
They can mean different things to different believers.

Jesus' words have meaning to us.
The problem is they mean different things to different believers. (no consensus)

/

We don't have to agree on what Jesus said for his words to have meaning to us.

Okay. What did he say about his God? Let’s start there.

They can mean different things to different believers.

Then someone doesn’t believe what Jesus believes. They are believers of something, and someone, else.

Jesus' words have meaning to us.

If they don’t mean what Jesus intended them to mean then what good is that?

The problem is they mean different things to different believers. (no consensus)

/

The problem is Paul was right when he said that after he was gone wolves would ravage the flock. He’s been gone since the middle of the 1st century. The wolves have been at it for nearly 2,000 years. That is the work of the devil.

Let the wolf tell us what Jesus meant and the sheep will be destroyed.

Are you willing to say that Jesus didn’t, doesn’t and will never have a God?
No.

Are you willing to say that Jesus didn’t worship his God?
No.

Are you willing to say that Jesus worshipped an idol?
No.

Are you willing to compare whoever or whatever you worship as your God with the God whom Jesus worships? I do that every day.
I've know God since I was eight years old. Not something I need to re-evaluate every day.
Granted, my perception of him has changed over time. He didn't change, only my view of him.

Was my eight year old perception of God wrong? Since it differs with my current perception?

If my perception of God differs from yours, which one of us is wrong?
Or does our PERCEPTION matter at all? God knows who he is.

Does God ignore us if our perception of him is not 100% correct?
Could anyone have a perception that is 100% correct?

That's a tall order. - LOL

]

No.

No.

No.

I've know God since I was eight years old. Not something I need to re-evaluate every day.

Who is the God that you know?

Granted, my perception of him has changed over time. He didn't change, only my view of him.

God doesn’t change. If your perception was wrong then you were worshipping an idol when you thought you were worshipping him.

Was my eight year old perception of God wrong? Since it differs with my current perception?

If my perception of God differs from yours, which one of us is wrong?

Whichever one whose perception doesn’t match with Jesus’ perception.

Or does our PERCEPTION matter at all? God knows who he is.

God certainly knows who he is.

Our perception matters. If it didn’t, we could worship anyone or anything and deceive ourselves into believing that we are worshipping God.

Does God ignore us if our perception of him is not 100% correct?

No. God doesn’t ignore his creation.

Could anyone have a perception that is 100% correct?

Yes. Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

That's a tall order. - LOL

]

Too tall for the Messiah?

Okay. What did he say about his God? Let’s start there.
That's a whole topic.
And I don't suspect that we would agree.

Then someone doesn’t believe what Jesus believes. They are believers of something, and someone, else.
This assumes that your understanding of what Jesus said is infallible.

If they don’t mean what Jesus intended them to mean then what good is that?
I think we should put our faith in God, not in the translation of the Bible we happen to have at hand.
We don't have the original documents. Did you know that?

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus – Textual Criticism 101​

https://www.bereanpatriot.com/majority-text-vs-critical-text-vs-textus-receptus-textual-criticism-101/#Corruption-of-the-Alexandrian-text-type

The problem is Paul was right when he said that after he was gone wolves would ravage the flock. He’s been gone since the middle of the 1st century. The wolves have been at it for nearly 2,000 years. That is the work of the devil.
Is that the abundant life Jesus promised? Why surrender to the enemy so easily?

]

SteVen said:
God doesn’t change. If your perception was wrong then you were worshipping an idol when you thought you were worshipping him.
I didn't say my perception was wrong. I said it changed.

It is becoming clear to me that your tribalism is more important to you than
being at peace with believers that disagree with your tribe.

This topic was for you. Unfortunately, you don't get it.

/

That's a whole topic.
And I don't suspect that we would agree.

If we can’t agree on who Jesus said his God is then there is no hope of us ever being united.

His words are preserved in scripture. He said without equivocation precisely who his God is.

Is there some doubt in your mind concerning the validity and accuracy of those words?

This assumes that your understanding of what Jesus said is infallible.

All that it assumes is that I’ve heard, understood and believed that the words attributed to Jesus are reliable.

I think we should put our faith in God, not in the translation of the Bible we happen to have at hand.

Who is God?

We don't have the original documents. Did you know that?

I’m a retired pastor and a retired adjunct theology professor. Yes, I know that. Thank you for asking.

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus – Textual Criticism 101​

https://www.bereanpatriot.com/major...-101/#Corruption-of-the-Alexandrian-text-type

Is that the abundant life Jesus promised? Why surrender to the enemy so easily?

]

How is it that you know what Jesus promised if you don’t know who Jesus said his God is?

Last edited:
SteVen said:

I didn't say my perception was wrong. I said it changed.

Would your perception have changed if it was right all along?

It is becoming clear to me that your tribalism is more important to you than
being at peace with believers that disagree with your tribe.

I can and do live peaceably with those who worship deities which I don’t.

This topic was for you.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, you don't get it.

/

I’m still listening.

Back