• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"Try The Spirits Whether They Are Of God" 1 John 4:1.

Navel gazing. Maybe we should be looking up.

And as they were gazing intently into he sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky?

The Bible is the inspired word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16.
At least some of the 66 books speak truth.

Jeremiah 8

How can you say, ‘We are wise,

and the Law of the LORD is with us,’

when in fact the lying pen of the scribes

has produced a deception?

9The wise will be put to shame;

they will be dismayed and trapped.

Since they have rejected the word of the LORD,

what wisdom do they really have?

There are two kinds of righteousness. There is the righteousness of man and then there is the righteousness of God. No one possess the righteousness of God except Jesus Christ. Jesus is the epitome of God's Holy Law. Man has no righteousness. He is born a sinner, Psalm 51:5 and dies a sinner. God does not accept the righteousness of man, never has, never will. One of the reasons is that man is corrupt because he is related to Adam, Romans 5:12.

Two Kinds the righteousness, of God, and none. Faith .and no faith not, little zero

Righteousness is not in respect to any mans corrupted dying flesh under the wage of sin . Remember what Jesus said to our Father. Not as I will but according to your righteous will Father , Jesu performed it without murmuring.

How do we rightly divide prophecy in order to try the spirits to see if they are of our righteous God or after unrighteous men ? What are some of the prescriptions of faith?

And as they were gazing intently into he sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky?
Is this an imperative to look within for revelation of God, rather than looking to Jesus or God within the Word that He has given us for His revelation of Himself? Or is it talking about something else entirely? I pick the second as it is talking about Christ's ascension, period, and announcing that He will return.

Is this an imperative to look within for revelation of God, rather than looking to Jesus or God within the Word that He has given us for His revelation of Himself? Or is it talking about something else entirely? I pick the second as it is talking about Christ's ascension, period, and announcing that He will return.

You must be a book keeper?

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

You must be a book keeper?

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.
You didn't answer the question. Instead you just sniped. What does the quote have to do with anything?

You didn't answer the question. Instead you just sniped. What does the quote have to do with anything?

The conversation you parachuted yourself into was discussing looking within versus looking within a book. I didn’t answer the question you posed because you answered it for yourself. Maybe your answer was unsatisfying?

The quote was Jesus’ response to those who had all the scriptures and none of the answers.

You keep looking in a book. I’ll keep looking within -thanks.
That was your statement to which I referred to a naval gazing and asked you if maybe you should look up ( that would be opposed to looking inward for revelation---which was the subject.)
The conversation you parachuted yourself into was discussing looking within versus looking within a book.
Have things changed around here? I thought people getting involved with conversations was the whole idea. And also, I had already been posting in the thread.
I didn’t answer the question you posed because you answered it for yourself. Maybe your answer was unsatisfying?
I know the answer. I wasn't asking for information from you---just for you to answer the question. Should we look to God and His word for revelation rather than at our belly buttons?
The quote was Jesus’ response to those who had all the scriptures and none of the answers.
Unless you are implying that the scripture refers to me, I do not see your point in quoting it. Just MO.

That was your statement to which I referred to a naval gazing and asked you if maybe you should look up ( that would be opposed to looking inward for revelation---which was the subject.)

Have things changed around here? I thought people getting involved with conversations was the whole idea. And also, I had already been posting in the thread.

I know the answer. I wasn't asking for information from you---just for you to answer the question. Should we look to God and His word for revelation rather than at our belly buttons?

Unless you are implying that the scripture refers to me, I do not see your point in quoting it. Just MO.

Yes— you are always welcome to join in. Yes, that is the whole idea.

You suggested looking upward instead of inward. I offered scripture suggesting that was a futile exercise if you are looking for Christ— he isn’t “up” - he’s in. I can offer you more scripture that confirms this if you would consider it.

Two Kinds the righteousness, of God, and none. Faith .and no faith not, little zero

Righteousness is not in respect to any mans corrupted dying flesh under the wage of sin . Remember what Jesus said to our Father. Not as I will but according to your righteous will Father , Jesu performed it without murmuring.

How do we rightly divide prophecy in order to try the spirits to see if they are of our righteous God or after unrighteous men ? What are some of the prescriptions of faith?
I try everything in the light of the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. If it isn't according to the Gospel, I scrap it.

In the Gospel Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We are Complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. No laws, rules or religion needed.

Yes— you are always welcome to join in. Yes, that is the whole idea.

You suggested looking upward instead of inward. I offered scripture suggesting that was a futile exercise if you are looking for Christ— he isn’t “up” - he’s in. I can offer you more scripture that confirms this if you would consider it.
Christ is revealed in the Bible. No where else. He is not in us unless we are joined to Him through faith in His person and work as given in scripture. Not what we make up by looking inside of us. Revelation and whether or not we get "new revelation" about God or Christ, or from them, other than what already exists in scripture, was the subject. He is not in us just because we say He is. Only if we believe what the Bible says about who He is and what He accomplished and how He accomplished it. The Bible tells us this. Gal 2:20; Acts 16:31; Eph 2:8; John 5:24; John 20:30; John 1: 1-14.

Back