• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"Try The Spirits Whether They Are Of God" 1 John 4:1.

R

robert pate

Why should we try the Spirits? "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1. I am a Spirit inspector. I can tell within a matter of minutes whether the Spirit is of God or whether it is not. How do I do this? I try everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ". In the Gospel Jesus has ALREADY justified the ungodly, Romans 4:5. In the Gospel Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. In the Gospel Christians are ALREADY perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Any Spirit that opposes the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not of God and is more than likely the Spirit of anti-Christ. In the Gospel salvation is always by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. Any Spirit that says salvation is by some other means than by grace through faith is the Spirit of anti-Christ.

When the Gospel came into the world on the day of Pentecost it was accompanied by the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:17. Where there is the Gospel the Holy Spirit is there to convict people of their need for Christ. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. On the day of Pentecost they heard, they believed and they were born again by the word of God, which was the Gospel. Nothing has changed in the last two thousand years. People are still saved by hearing and believing the Gospel. The false prophets teach a false Gospel that is not of the Holy Spirit. Calvinism is not of the Holy Spirit, nor is Catholicism of the Holy Spirit. If it is not of the Gospel, it is the Spirit of anti-Christ. Beware of false prophets.

Why should we try the Spirits? "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1. I am a Spirit inspector. I can tell within a matter of minutes whether the Spirit is of God or whether it is not.
If you read the scripture you quote it is spirits. Not Spirit or Spirits. Spirit capitalized is the Holy Spirit. So you are claiming to inspect the Holy Spirit and that in a matter of minutes you can tell if the Holy Spirit is of God. And even if that is simply your uninformed mistake, the arrogance of what you say will no doubt come back to bite you. You, from what I have seen have one way of testing the spirits. Does what the person speaking or teaching believe the same as you. You measure things by yourself----which is a lying spirit.

Why should we try the Spirits? "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1. I am a Spirit inspector. I can tell within a matter of minutes whether the Spirit is of God or whether it is not. How do I do this? I try everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ". In the Gospel Jesus has ALREADY justified the ungodly, Romans 4:5. In the Gospel Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. In the Gospel Christians are ALREADY perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Any Spirit that opposes the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not of God and is more than likely the Spirit of anti-Christ. In the Gospel salvation is always by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. Any Spirit that says salvation is by some other means than by grace through faith is the Spirit of anti-Christ.

When the Gospel came into the world on the day of Pentecost it was accompanied by the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:17. Where there is the Gospel the Holy Spirit is there to convict people of their need for Christ. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. On the day of Pentecost they heard, they believed and they were born again by the word of God, which was the Gospel. Nothing has changed in the last two thousand years. People are still saved by hearing and believing the Gospel. The false prophets teach a false Gospel that is not of the Holy Spirit. Calvinism is not of the Holy Spirit, nor is Catholicism of the Holy Spirit. If it is not of the Gospel, it is the Spirit of anti-Christ. Beware of false prophets.
You said:"I can tell within a matter of minutes whether the Spirit is of God or whether it is not"

You did ok until you get on Calvinism....Calvinism is not a theology. He was a preacher teaching the doctrines of GOD that are written in the Holy Bible...They are still there today and I try myself to teach everyone of them...for they are GOD's WORD...

Blade

Dealing with false/evil spirits with the armour of God.

The Full Armor of God

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness arrayed, and with your feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times, with every kind of prayer and petition. To this end, stay alert with all perseverance in your prayers for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will boldly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it fearlessly, as I should" (Eph. 6:10-20).

You said:"I can tell within a matter of minutes whether the Spirit is of God or whether it is not"

You did ok until you get on Calvinism....Calvinism is not a theology. He was a preacher teaching the doctrines of GOD that are written in the Holy Bible...They are still there today and I try myself to teach everyone of them...for they are GOD's WORD...

Blade
Calvinism is most certainly a theology. A man-made theology, for that matter.

(Note that I do not agree with Robert's stance that all Calvinists are going to hell. Robert thinks anyone who disagrees with him is going to hell..)

Blade

I cannot find anything in the Calvinist religion that is of God. The Bible plainly teaches that we are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing but faith and faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel Romans 10:17.

We try the spirits to see if they are doctrines of Christ coming down inspired from heaven like rain or dew upon green herbs. Or if doctrines of men as oral traditions earthly inspired of the god of this world. who can turn things upside down taking away the understanding of the Potter our God. That framed saying to the Potter you made me not.

Seeing we have the perfect sealed with 7 seals till the end of time If any mans adds to it or subtracts from it we can know it is not of God from above. Any claim of thus sayeth the lord I had a vision or dream we are to believe not

The elect believer were were warned before that the last new prophecy was given to John .

Revelation remains the last chapter in the book of prophecy the Bible .In the end if a person heeds the warning making it impossible to deceive the elect that God is still adding to the perfect.

Twice to emphasize the law of interpretation the loving commandment . . ." believe it not"

Mathew 24:21-26 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

You could say the Sword of the Spirit cutting off false prophets that violate the law of interpretation written at the end of the book of prophecy . In effect lovingly commanded the believers . . Do not add or subtract from the perfect rather than rightly dividing it.

Our shield from false prophets . . they say " Behold, he is in the desert;, he is in the secret chambers; I had a out of body experience, I had a dream . I would offer . . . believe it not. Trust inspiration.

Revelation 22:17-19 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

We try the spirits to see if they are doctrines of Christ coming down inspired from heaven like rain or dew upon green herbs. Or if doctrines of men as oral traditions earthly inspired of the god of this world. who can turn things upside down taking away the understanding of the Potter our God. That framed saying to the Potter you made me not.

Seeing we have the perfect sealed with 7 seals till the end of time If any mans adds to it or subtracts from it we can know it is not of God from above. Any claim of thus sayeth the lord I had a vision or dream we are to believe not

The elect believer were were warned before that the last new prophecy was given to John .

Revelation remains the last chapter in the book of prophecy the Bible .In the end if a person heeds the warning making it impossible to deceive the elect that God is still adding to the perfect.

Twice to emphasize the law of interpretation the loving commandment . . ." believe it not"

Mathew 24:21-26 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

You could say the Sword of the Spirit cutting off false prophets that violate the law of interpretation written at the end of the book of prophecy . In effect lovingly commanded the believers . . Do not add or subtract from the perfect rather than rightly dividing it.

Our shield from false prophets . . they say " Behold, he is in the desert;, he is in the secret chambers; I had a out of body experience, I had a dream . I would offer . . . believe it not. Trust inspiration.

Revelation 22:17-19 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Have you noticed that all of the false religions have a book, even the Calvinist have the "Cannons of Dort".

I cannot find anything in the Calvinist religion that is of God. The Bible plainly teaches that we are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing but faith and faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel Romans 10:17.
Stranger and stranger. That is what Calvinism teaches. In fact it was Calvin's number one issue. Faith alone, scripture alone, God's glory alone.

My wife attended Dort College. That doesn't make her a bad person. 😂

Stranger and stranger. That is what Calvinism teaches. In fact it was Calvin's number one issue. Faith alone, scripture alone, God's glory alone.
A faith that is imposed, is not faith at all. God does not impose faith on anyone. We are not a bunch of dumb robots.

Back