• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

This world is also called Heaven

C

CherubRam

The world is also a heaven.
Genesis 1:8
And God called the (World, / firmament) Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
“At hand” means, here.
Matthew 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is (at hand / here.)
Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is (at hand / here.)
Matthew 10:7
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is (at hand / here.)

“The kingdom of God is in your midst.”

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is (within you / in your midst.)

God’s dwelling place is now among the people

Revelation 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God

Gen. 1:1 is a section title. See Rabbi Cassuto, FROM ADAM TO NOAH, on how many of these are in the verbal memorization section of Genesis (material pre-Joseph who wrote them retroactively).

The earth was already there in a destroyed, watery, chaotic form. This may pertain to being a place of judgement, for ex., rebellious beings confined in 'blackest darkness' (2 Peter 3, Jude). It is dark, but it is there. At least I think we are to think of the earth as the POV.

If another POV was intended, the earth would be part of the heavens. But I don't think any part of Genesis leaves the earth as the POV. It only reduces to specific parts of. The issue of 'peleg' (divided) may be geographic, and mean that that division was prior to the linguistic.

The world is also a heaven.
Genesis 1:8
And God called the (World, / firmament) Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
“At hand” means, here.
Matthew 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is (at hand / here.)
Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is (at hand / here.)
Matthew 10:7
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is (at hand / here.)

“The kingdom of God is in your midst.”
Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is (within you / in your midst.)

God’s dwelling place is now among the people
Revelation 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God
How cool.

Matthew 4:17 At "hand" means near.

Strong's Concordance
eggizó: to make near, refl. to come near
Original Word: ἐγγίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: eggizó
Phonetic Spelling: (eng-id'-zo)
Definition: to make near, to come near
Usage: trans: I bring near; intrans: I come near, approach.

Gen. 1:1 is a section title. See Rabbi Cassuto, FROM ADAM TO NOAH, on how many of these are in the verbal memorization section of Genesis (material pre-Joseph who wrote them retroactively).

The earth was already there in a destroyed, watery, chaotic form. This may pertain to being a place of judgement, for ex., rebellious beings confined in 'blackest darkness' (2 Peter 3, Jude). It is dark, but it is there. At least I think we are to think of the earth as the POV.

If another POV was intended, the earth would be part of the heavens. But I don't think any part of Genesis leaves the earth as the POV. It only reduces to specific parts of. The issue of 'peleg' (divided) may be geographic, and mean that that division was prior to the linguistic.
This world was a formless body of water when God came upon it.

Matthew 4:17 At "hand" means near.

Strong's Concordance
eggizó: to make near, refl. to come near
Original Word: ἐγγίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: eggizó
Phonetic Spelling: (eng-id'-zo)
Definition: to make near, to come near
Usage: trans: I bring near; intrans: I come near, approach.
My dog and rifle are at hand.
Here or near are both acceptable.

If a person is standing next to you, they are near, but it would be better said they are here.

The origianal language words for HEAVEN describe elevations, or mountain and plateau or other rock peaks.

This world was a formless body of water when God came upon it.

Tohu wa-bohu means it was destroyed in a judgement. Cp. Jer. 4 where it is about Jerusalem after destruction.

The two features set up the 2 pairs of 3 days: 3 to repair the forms and 3 to fill the forms.

The Heb. for "appear" (of dry land) and this phrase, and forming man from dust, and forming woman from man, all point to the use of what was there. The land was submerged and brought up to the surface, which may explain cavernous oceans under various continents, except for the Cataclysm happening since creation.

The origianal language words for HEAVEN describe elevations, or mountain and plateau or other rock peaks.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Lakes, rivers, and creeks empty into the sea. And the water below is separated by firmaments, like dirt and rock.
Waters which are under the firmament is underground water, like a well.

Gen1:8 And God called the (firmament, ground, earth, world) Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
There are heavens below, and heavens above, and heavens beyond.

2 Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Strong's Concordance
Holman Christian Standard Bible
God called the expanse “ sky.” Evening came and then morning: the second day.

New American Standard Bible
God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

King James Bible
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

By the term world, do you mean the heaven and the earth created in Genesis 1:1?
And God made the firmament, (and / that) divided the waters...

The heavens existed before this world was made. God said this world is heaven.

Where does God live, He lives in His Kingdom of Heaven.

Where will God live later, in this Kingdom of Heaven.

A New Heaven and a New Earth​

Rev 21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them.

Revelation 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

"Heaven is my throne; the earth is my footstool." This is not the same as what you have proposed here.

In Judaism, the term heaven was used to avoid misusing the name of God. Jesus even practiced this at times, for ex., the prodigal/arrogant sons parable.

Back