• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Sola Scriptura or Solo Scriptura?

Is the Bible the only Chrisitan source worth considering?

• Yes, and to read or consider anything but the Bible is the pathway to ruin.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, but personal revelation from the Holy Spirit and individual interpretation can trump scripture.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Church history, the writings of theologians/saints contain helpful perspectives on the good book

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, Church history, the writings of theologians/saints contain essential elements of revelation.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It is impossible to view the Bible objectively as we all bring our own preconceptions/education in.

• Primarily, but I also include apocrypha and other non-canonical books EX: (Enoch, Thomas)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Not sure

• Total voters
T

The_drake_

The Bible only or the bible primarily?

Sola Scriptura = Bible primacy, with other writings being far secondary.

Solo Scriptura = Nothing allowed but the Bible.

The Bible only or the bible primarily?

Sola Scriptura = Bible primacy, with other writings being far secondary.

Solo Scriptura = Nothing allowed but the Bible.

I would suggest no man can serve two teaching good masters . There can only be one reforming restoring master. God.

Aren't you worried that you'll deceive yourself though if you consult only your own opinion? That's my concern.
If I am truly trusting God how would worrying add? He is our confidence.

I would offer all Christians are considered apologist defending the source of faith that defends them . . our daily bread as it is written in the law and prophets or the law and its outward testimony that God has spoken .

We put it on as the armor of God defense and keep it on .

Just as in the same way that some build their faith upon another source of false prophecy the oral traditions of men that they have written down . It become which written source seeing no man can serve two god teaching masters of God not seen . . or mankind seen.

Doctrines of God that come down from heaven or those of corrupted mankind earthly inspired by the spirit of error the evil one.. like the Koran. or other supposedly Holy books . the last chapter of prophecy is still Relation sealed with 7 seals until the end of time.

The word of God is alive and is able to work in a person to both reveal the will of God and empower them to believe. . as a testimony to the written law ..

When God speaks they are loving commandments and not just good suggestions. In that way the commandment in 2 Timothy 2:15 as a law . Study to show one self approved of God (not seen) rightly dividing the word of truth or the parables that hide the unseen eternal understanding.

We are warned by the same Spirit of Christ of those who would seduce us a elected by God in so much that we do need a man seen to teach us and are encouraged to abide in Christ the author of sola scriptura just as he works in us .

1 John 2:26-27 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It would seem the word heresy which simply means in the end of the matter "opinion or sect /denomination" its meaning has been changed . So that men use their own heresy or called private interpretation as a personal commentary of what they think the Holy Spirit, the one teaching master is revealing. . it was turned into a weapon (flesh and blood against flesh the things seen and blood or what the Bible calls raising wicked hands. It has become a flesh and blood weapon of the father of lies. Pitting one sect against another. Satan hates all flesh mankind

Our weapon are not carnal or what the eyes see by calling each other heretics .

In that way its a must there there are differences in opinion oral tradition that divide would not harm the gospel as long as they do not do despite to the price of fullness of grace we are purchased by the father with .

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Denominations as governments of men that lord it over the understandings of the non venerable do despite to the grace of Christ that does testify we do not need need a any man to teach us . a damnable or judgeable heresy .They deny the faith of Christ alone as it is written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) and serve a another written teaching master . the government of men the temporal seen. They have no armor of God needed to defend them

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

If I am truly trusting God how would worrying add? He is our confidence.

I would offer all Christians are considered apologist defending the source of faith that defends them . . our daily bread as it is written in the law and prophets or the law and its outward testimony that God has spoken .

We put it on as the armor of God defense and keep it on .

Just as in the same way that some build their faith upon another source of false prophecy the oral traditions of men that they have written down . It become which written source seeing no man can serve two god teaching masters of God not seen . . or mankind seen.

Doctrines of God that come down from heaven or those of corrupted mankind earthly inspired by the spirit of error the evil one.. like the Koran. or other supposedly Holy books . the last chapter of prophecy is still Relation sealed with 7 seals until the end of time.

The word of God is alive and is able to work in a person to both reveal the will of God and empower them to believe. . as a testimony to the written law ..

When God speaks they are loving commandments and not just good suggestions. In that way the commandment in 2 Timothy 2:15 as a law . Study to show one self approved of God (not seen) rightly dividing the word of truth or the parables that hide the unseen eternal understanding.

We are warned by the same Spirit of Christ of those who would seduce us a elected by God in so much that we do need a man seen to teach us and are encouraged to abide in Christ the author of sola scriptura just as he works in us .

1 John 2:26-27 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It would seem the word heresy which simply means in the end of the matter "opinion or sect /denomination" its meaning has been changed . So that men use their own heresy or called private interpretation as a personal commentary of what they think the Holy Spirit, the one teaching master is revealing. . it was turned into a weapon (flesh and blood against flesh the things seen and blood or what the Bible calls raising wicked hands. It has become a flesh and blood weapon of the father of lies. Pitting one sect against another. Satan hates all flesh mankind

Our weapon are not carnal or what the eyes see by calling each other heretics .

In that way its a must there there are differences in opinion oral tradition that divide would not harm the gospel as long as they do not do despite to the price of fullness of grace we are purchased by the father with .

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Denominations as governments of men that lord it over the understandings of the non venerable do despite to the grace of Christ that does testify we do not need need a any man to teach us . a damnable or judgeable heresy .They deny the faith of Christ alone as it is written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) and serve a another written teaching master . the government of men the temporal seen. They have no armor of God needed to defend them

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction
I'm afraid I don't follow exactly what it is you're trying to say on the whole. You're anti-religious-establishment and anti-personal-revelation/interpretation.

If you're neither a collectivist or an individualist, I'm not quite sure what else remains.

I'm afraid I don't follow exactly what it is you're trying to say on the whole. You're anti-religious-establishment and anti-personal-revelation/interpretation.

If you're neither a collectivist or an individualist, I'm not quite sure what else remains.

If I am truly trusting God how would worrying add? Can we go above all things written in the law and the prophets? Could that take away worrying and force us to look to private interpretation ? The Bible says there must be differences in opinion called heresies All mankind is opinionated in the way .Christ unseen is the body of truth as law not subject to change .

What does remains is a believer called a Christian each indivisible one .

If I am truly trusting God how would worrying add? Can we go above all things written in the law and the prophets? Could that take away worrying and force us to look to private interpretation ? The Bible says there must be differences in opinion called heresies All mankind is opinionated in the way .Christ unseen is the body of truth as law not subject to change .

I suppose that makes sense. I think a lot of folks here would be against that though. Lots of people think there's only one way to view things and that we're capable of coming to it if we just see things their way. I like your approach better.

On the other hand I guess it also begs the question of who "approves" and "makes manifest" though. In your line of thinking there shouldn't be an establishment, so there isn't really a way to resolve things/complete the truth equation that he's talking about.

Heresies must exist so that the true ones can be ratified, but in your world view there is no one worthy of ratifying them. Tough problem.

Back