• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Prophets and God and Allegories

M

Manonfire63

The Prophets in the Old Testament, working for God, did somethings that their contemporaries may have seen as odd.

- Ezekiel laid on his side for 390 days to simulate the siege of Jerusalem. (Ezekiel 4)

- Isaiah walked three years naked. (Isaiah 20)

- Jeremiah walked with an Ox Yoke. (Jeremiah 27)

- Breaks staffs over knees. (Zechariah 11)

In studying the Old Testament Prophets, God was instructing them to give allegories, and do specific things in front of people to be seen. Why?

Man is made in the image of God. What man does reflects. A man working in obedience to God, may be giving God authority on Earth to act, and/or setting something in the principalities.

In the Principalities or Spiritual there may have been specific things set. There may be laws. There are concepts, ideas, or things. Slavery, for example, may be a concept in the principalities. Slavery may be like a coin or it may have some Angel or being associated with it. This concept can be turned different ways. It doesn't matter how someone views the concept in terms of liking it or hating it. The concept is part of creation. Someone could be a slave to sin and their passions. There is Freedom in the Lord. Someone may be like a slave to a man as a private property. Someone on Probation, in Jail, on Welfare or unemployment, may be a slave to the State. Communism is a form of Slavery where man has no personal property, and whose person is owned by the State. Feminists used to call Christian marriage like Slavery. "50 Shades of Grey" came out with the lead male character named Christian. A man's heart may be chained to past loves in some sort of bondage. There is the song "Unchain my Heart." The concepts and ideas in the principalities are tied together or related. A man experiences Freedom in The Lord.

In the Principalities their are concepts or ideas. God may have a specific definition for a variety of things. God gives Ezekiel specific instructions in Ezekiel 4. Everything Ezekiel did may of had specific allegorical meaning as related to something in the spiritual. Man is made in the image of God or "our image." What man does may reflect.

Mankind as God's Vineyard

The Allegory of Mankind as God's Vineyard is used a number of times in the Bible. This is tied to the Ritual of Communion. Man would be like grapes in a vineyard. They are attached by The Spirit of God or vine. Christians are a Body of Christ. They are attached through the blood or the vine. Jesus is the vine, The Father the gardener.

(Isaiah 63:1-6)

(Luke 20:9-19)

(John 15:1-17)

God has had me use songs to display certain things for him. There is a song "Heard it Through the Grapevine." What does "Heard it Through the Grapevine" mean? On a physical level, it may mean that gossip is going up or down the grapevine and people are talking. On a Spiritual Level, someone may be standing in the Council of the Lord. It may mean he has ears to hear, and he is hearing what the Spirit is saying to the Churches. (Mark 4:9)(Revelation 2:29) God has had me give two songs for this. We have:

"Heard it Through The Grapevine"

and

"Private Eyes"

Somewhere I heard once that "The Eyes are windows into the soul." Working for God, that concept suddenly went off like a light in my head. Someone sees a prophet break a staff over his knee? He sees Jeremiah walking around with an Ox Yoke. The eyes have said to be mirrors into the soul. That is going down the grapevine? The last King of Judah had his children killed before him. He was blinded. (2 Kings 25:7)

I don't that the following song is right, but it did display the concept of Eyes being Mirrors into the soul towards some purpose.

"In and out of Love."

Theological or Spiritual Concepts that we went over:

Man is made in the image of God.

What man does is a reflection.

Man working in obedience to God giving authority to act.

Mankind as God's Vineyard.

Eyes are windows into the soul.

The Prophets in the Old Testament, working for God, did somethings that their contemporaries may have seen as odd.

- Ezekiel laid on his side for 390 days to simulate the siege of Jerusalem. (Ezekiel 4)

- Isaiah walked three years naked. (Isaiah 20)

- Jeremiah walked with an Ox Yoke. (Jeremiah 27)

- Breaks staffs over knees. (Zechariah 11)

In studying the Old Testament Prophets, God was instructing them to give allegories, and do specific things in front of people to be seen. Why?

Man is made in the image of God. What man does reflects. A man working in obedience to God, may be giving God authority on Earth to act, and/or setting something in the principalities.

In the Principalities or Spiritual there may have been specific things set. There may be laws. There are concepts, ideas, or things. Slavery, for example, may be a concept in the principalities. Slavery may be like a coin or it may have some Angel or being associated with it. This concept can be turned different ways. It doesn't matter how someone views the concept in terms of liking it or hating it. The concept is part of creation. Someone could be a slave to sin and their passions. There is Freedom in the Lord. Someone may be like a slave to a man as a private property. Someone on Probation, in Jail, on Welfare or unemployment, may be a slave to the State. Communism is a form of Slavery where man has no personal property, and whose person is owned by the State. Feminists used to call Christian marriage like Slavery. "50 Shades of Grey" came out with the lead male character named Christian. A man's heart may be chained to past loves in some sort of bondage. There is the song "Unchain my Heart." The concepts and ideas in the principalities are tied together or related. A man experiences Freedom in The Lord.

In the Principalities their are concepts or ideas. God may have a specific definition for a variety of things. God gives Ezekiel specific instructions in Ezekiel 4. Everything Ezekiel did may of had specific allegorical meaning as related to something in the spiritual. Man is made in the image of God or "our image." What man does may reflect.

Mankind as God's Vineyard

The Allegory of Mankind as God's Vineyard is used a number of times in the Bible. This is tied to the Ritual of Communion. Man would be like grapes in a vineyard. They are attached by The Spirit of God or vine. Christians are a Body of Christ. They are attached through the blood or the vine. Jesus is the vine, The Father the gardener.

(Isaiah 63:1-6)

(Luke 20:9-19)

(John 15:1-17)

God has had me use songs to display certain things for him. There is a song "Heard it Through the Grapevine." What does "Heard it Through the Grapevine" mean? On a physical level, it may mean that gossip is going up or down the grapevine and people are talking. On a Spiritual Level, someone may be standing in the Council of the Lord. It may mean he has ears to hear, and he is hearing what the Spirit is saying to the Churches. (Mark 4:9)(Revelation 2:29) God has had me give two songs for this. We have:

"Heard it Through The Grapevine"

and

"Private Eyes"

Somewhere I heard once that "The Eyes are windows into the soul." Working for God, that concept suddenly went off like a light in my head. Someone sees a prophet break a staff over his knee? He sees Jeremiah walking around with an Ox Yoke. The eyes have said to be mirrors into the soul. That is going down the grapevine? The last King of Judah had his children killed before him. He was blinded. (2 Kings 25:7)

I don't that the following song is right, but it did display the concept of Eyes being Mirrors into the soul towards some purpose.

"In and out of Love."

Theological or Spiritual Concepts that we went over:

Man is made in the image of God.

What man does is a reflection.

Man working in obedience to God giving authority to act.

Mankind as God's Vineyard.

Eyes are windows into the soul.
Everything Ezekiel did may of had specific allegorical meaning. Therefore without teaching parables Christ spoke not hidng the gospel or spiritual meaning from the lost .

Two different source of faith. One of faithless mankind "I heard it through the fathers sour grapevine" as oral tradititon of sinful men .And the tradtion of God as his source of faith or labor of love. , , all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

Ezekiel 18:2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

Thank you Manonfire.

Here is a couple more for your list.

- Hosea had to "Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms" Hosea 1:2

- Esdras had to "go into a field of flowers, where no house is builded, and eat only the flowers of the field" 2 Esdras 9:24

And your "somethings that their contemporaries may have seen as odd" is to "use songs to display certain things for him".
Is that why you added that at the end? Just curious.

My first ever message from God, when I decided to have look into the Bible to see what Jesus had to say,
and which others might find odd, was, Don't cut your hair, and don't shave.
There was the intimation with that, that He wouldn't be helping me unless I did that.

Bless Him ❤️

Where did Jesus say that?
Thank you for your question, meshak.

I didn't discover it until well afterwards myself.

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
Leviticus 19:27

&

The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
Proverbs 16:31

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

&

Where does this fit into your theology?

1 Cor 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

&

It is not Jesus' word.

It is not Jesus' word.
It is the One true God's word, Jesus' Father's word.
Is it not?

And God's word only comes by the Lord, for He does the Father's will and speaks the Father's words,
and the Father sent Him into the world to speak the Father's words to us,
so it was Jesus talking God's words to Moses.

Is my belief.

And said,
If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God,
and wilt do that which is right in His sight,
and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes,
I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians:
for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Exodus 15:26

But this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed;
lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart,
and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthew 13:15

Everything Ezekiel did may of had specific allegorical meaning. Therefore without teaching parables Christ spoke not hidng the gospel or spiritual meaning from the lost .

Two different source of faith. One of faithless mankind "I heard it through the fathers sour grapevine" as oral tradititon of sinful men .And the tradtion of God as his source of faith or labor of love. , , all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

Ezekiel 18:2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
He did.

What are you ready for?

Atomism - A belief that society is made up of a collection of self-interested and largely self-sufficient individuals or atoms, rather than social groups. (Liberal Belief on Society)

Organicism - A belief that society operates like an organism or living entity, the whole being more than a collection of its individual parts. (Conservative View on Society.)

The Body of Christ is an organism. Was the body ready for something? (1 Corinthians 3:2)

Where does this fit into your theology?

1 Cor 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Thanks for that 'shroom.

Have you seen pictures of St Paul?

Ok, so how does this fit.
It doesn't, unless we look at it spiritually.
For one, the saying doesn't make sense, because nature grows your hair.
If you you are ashamed of long hair, you are ashamed of nature, and of the way God made His temple.
Because hair grows long naturally. Doesn't it.

So then, looking at it spiritually,
maybe he means a hairy heart. I am not sure.

Lets look at the context.

Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 11:13-15

Hmm, not very helpful.
(Did they have a problem with naked praying women back then?
as well as long haired men.
)
I suspect there is a deeper meaning, but can't put my finger on it,
but earlier in the chapter, we see this.

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ;
and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head:
for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn:
but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God:
but the woman is the glory of the man.

1 Corinthians 11:4-7

Makes me think of Jewish prayer shawls.

I confess, I am not really understanding what Paul is trying to convey here.
He is making Christ man's head, and a man shouldn't cover Christ?
(btw, Jesus had long hair, was it a shame to Him?)

The second half of this chapter, about discerning the Lord's body, is one of my favourite passages in the Bible,
and helped me immensely, but I haven't fully comprehended up to verse 18.

If you or anyone can give more clarification, I am all ears.

Another point I'd like to make, is Paul's words are sometimes difficult,
but the Lord's words in the law is always plain and clear.
I mean, compare the wording of the law I presented,
to that saying of Paul's at verse 13.
That law leaves no room for doubt as to what God is commanding,
where as, is isn't so clear what Paul is saying.

Here he is.

proxy-image

That's how you make your own doctrine.

You cannot be my teacher with your kind of reading.
I don't understand your comment.

Are you saying you don't believe God's word is God's word?

I simply showed you the commandment Jesus was quoting from.
Don't learn from me, learn from the word.

Back