• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Preaching the Gospel

A

Arial

A survey: if you were to preach the gospel to bring someone to Jesus, what would you say?

A survey: if you were to preach the gospel to bring someone to Jesus, what would you say?
I would tell them that Jesus has ALREADY reconciled them and the world unto God by his life, death and resurrection, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. And that they can be saved by simple childlike faith in his work of reconciliation that was done for them.

This is a survey to see the various ways the gospel is preached, as I am curious to view the different approaches. If I do not respond to them, it is not because I am ignoring them, but because my purpose at this point is not to debate it but see it, though others are welcome to debate among themselves.

Thank you in advance to all who participate.

Read the bible the daily bread of forgivenees ask for his understanding and strenghthen us to perform it to his good pleasure . .

The word "faith" the cause of many mystries made know in parables. Faith one of the hardest word to define. It as it is written defines us seen we cannot define it not seen .

I would suggest they study the meaning of . . the power of the gospel "faith to faith: as it is written "as to who is the author and finisher of that work of faith ?. . The power unto salvation .

Learn how to mix faith with the things seen then we can enter his rest (Hebrews 4:1-2)

Romans 1:15-17 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Read the bible the daily bread of forgivenees ask for his understanding and strenghthen us to perform it to his good pleasure . .
Amen. I second this.

Greetings Arial,
Depending on the level of the person's background and present understanding, I would gradually introduce various aspects of the Gospel, from basic concepts to the overall subject. If the person already holds some view of what they consider to be the Gospel, I would discuss their view and if different to my understanding I would try to resolve these differences. My ultimate aim would be to bring them to the example given concerning Philip with the Samaritans.
Acts 8:5–6,12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

When Philip preached Christ, he preached what is called "the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ" and this shows that the Gospel consists of two important portions and thus there are many parts of these categories that make up a complete understanding of the Gospel. Those that affectionately believe this Gospel and are motivated to identify with the death and resurrection of Christ through baptism in water and then live the crucified and resurrected life Galatians 2:20 will be saved.

The first of these two elements consists of a correct understanding of the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus, including who He actually is, a human, not a God-man or part of the Trinity, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. The second element speaks of the future Kingdom of God upon the earth with Jesus sitting in the Temple/Throne of David in Jerusalem for 1000 years, with Israel converted as the first Dominion, and the nations subjected and learning the ways of God Isaiah 2:1-4.

Kind regards
Trevor

I was reading a very thoughtful and considered answer, and thoroughly enjoying and agreeing,
until the last paragraph.

The first of these two elements consists of a correct understanding of the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus, including who He actually is, a human, not a God-man or part of the Trinity, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. The second element speaks of the future Kingdom of God upon the earth with Jesus sitting in the Temple/Throne of David in Jerusalem for 1000 years, with Israel converted as the first Dominion, and the nations subjected and learning the ways of God Isaiah 2:1-4.
I really thought you were about to say...

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33

And then, for the second element
instead of saying heaven is at hand,
and instead of saying to pray, Thy kingdom come,
something about the future kingdom of God?

At least since Abraham, men have been entering the kingdom of God.
Haven't they?

Behold, I have set the land before you:
go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
to give unto them and to their seed after them.

Deuteronomy 1:8

Verily I say unto you,
There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death,
till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

Matthew 16:28

Fear not, little flock;
for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Luke 12:32

Greetings Comingfrom,
I was reading a very thoughtful and considered answer, and thoroughly enjoying and agreeing, until the last paragraph.
I appreciate your initial assessment, and also I am not put off by your dislike of my final paragraph because I hold strongly to these views. Yes, I believe that Jesus will soon return to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth, to replace the present kingdoms of men Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2:35,44, Matthew 19:28, Acts 1:11, Acts 3:19-21 and 2 Timothy 4:1,6-8 are a few examples of this teaching. I am not sure of how you consider that the various Scriptures that you have quoted disagree with this concept. Perhaps you need to elaborate each one. I strongly endorse "Thy Kingdom come" and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God". If anything they confirm that the Kingdom is future, and it will be upon the earth, not in heaven. Abraham was promised the Land, not heaven Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:16,26-29 and thus he awaits the resurrection at the return of Jesus..

Kind regards
Trevor

I would tell them that Jesus has ALREADY reconciled them and the world unto God by his life, death and resurrection, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. And that they can be saved by simple childlike faith in his work of reconciliation that was done for them.
What if they said, "Oh thanks. Then I put my faith in Him."

The word "faith" the cause of many mystries made know in parables. Faith one of the hardest word to define. It as it is written defines us seen we cannot define it not seen .

I would suggest they study the meaning of . . the power of the gospel "faith to faith: as it is written "as to who is the author and finisher of that work of faith ?. . The power unto salvation .

Learn how to mix faith with the things seen then we can enter his rest (Hebrews 4:1-2)

Romans 1:15-17 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
All this is true and good. But what is this gospel?

Depending on the level of the person's background and present understanding,
Absolutely the way in which we go about preaching the gospel depends on who we are talking to. But let's assume they know nothing of the gospel.
When Philip preached Christ, he preached what is called "the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ" and this shows that the Gospel consists of two important portions and thus there are many parts of these categories that make up a complete understanding of the Gospel. Those that affectionately believe this Gospel and are motivated to identify with the death and resurrection of Christ through baptism in water and then live the crucified and resurrected life Galatians 2:20 will be saved.
This raises the question of what is the kingdom of God and what about Jesus? (I am going through these, trying to imagine possible questions that might come up with the one hearing.) I might add here, that a complete understanding of the gospel comes over time in the life of the believer. It cannot be absorbed in its fullness at the beginning,
The first of these two elements consists of a correct understanding of the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus,
Yes. What is that?
including who He actually is, a human, not a God-man or part of the Trinity, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. The second element speaks of the future Kingdom of God upon the earth with Jesus sitting in the Temple/Throne of David in Jerusalem for 1000 years, with Israel converted as the first Dominion, and the nations subjected and learning the ways of God Isaiah 2:1-4.
Here you include your particular theology, which is natural and can't be avoided that you have it. But in preaching the gospel to a novice, would it completely distract from the purpose? People develop their particular theologies over time through study. I might ask on that last part, if I were the hearer, "What has that to do with me or my salvation?"

Greetings Comingfrom,

I appreciate your initial assessment, and also I am not put off by your dislike of my final paragraph because I hold strongly to these views. Yes, I believe that Jesus will soon return to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth, to replace the present kingdoms of men Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2:35,44, Matthew 19:28, Acts 1:11, Acts 3:19-21 and 2 Timothy 4:1,6-8 are a few examples of this teaching. I am not sure of how you consider that the various Scriptures that you have quoted disagree with this concept. Perhaps you need to elaborate each one. I strongly endorse "Thy Kingdom come" and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God". If anything they confirm that the Kingdom is future, and it will be upon the earth, not in heaven.

Kind regards
Trevor
Thanks.
I said something, because it was a let down for me.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Revelation 22:20

Abraham was promised the Land, not heaven Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:16,26-29 and thus he awaits the resurrection at the return of Jesus..
That land is also promised to us,
and has rivers that flow with milk and honey.
Do you really believe it was a land on earth that God promised to Abraham and to his seed?
Jesus said the kingdom of God is within.

And Abraham saw Jesus, and rejoiced and was glad.

Therefore be ye also ready:
for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Matthew 24:44

Back