• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

On The Sovereignty of God

"I must . . . say up front that . . . I find many Calvinists lacking in gentleness and respect. I even find these qualities missing in Calvinists' interactions with other Christians. Indeed, Calvinists are often not very gentle or respectful when debating fine points of doctrine with fellow Calvinists."
Fuller Theological Seminary president Richard Mouw -
Richard J. Mouw, Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004; pg 15) Mouw is an American Reformed Theologian who seems to walk a line somewhere between McKim and Sproul.

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect - 1 Peter 3:15

This speaks to everyone NOT just Calvinist based Reformed Theologians.
I find many pointing fingers not realizing if they did that in a mirror their finger would be pointing at themselves, even as they speak their words.

I find many pointing fingers not realizing if they did that in a mirror their finger would be pointing at themselves, even as they speak their words.
I'm sorry that you took that personal - I did say - This speaks to everyone NOT just Calvinist based Reformed Theologians. Maybe you didn't notice that what I posted was a quote from a Reformed Theologian . . .

You can't have it both ways.
I'm sorry that you took that personal - I did say - This speaks to everyone NOT just Calvinist based Reformed Theologians.

I must . . . say up front that . . . I find many Calvinists lacking in gentleness and respect. I even find these qualities missing in Calvinists' interactions with other Christians. Indeed, Calvinists are often not very gentle or respectful when debating fine points of doctrine with fellow Calvinists."

You can't have it both ways.
You didn't include the book from which I quoted the statement: Fuller Theological Seminary president Richard Mouw - Richard J. Mouw, Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004; pg 15) Mouw is an American Reformed Theologian who seems to walk a line somewhere between McKim and Sproul. The statement didn't originate with ME! and you totally disregarded that I addressed everyone . . . WOW!

You didn't include the book from which I quoted the statement: Fuller Theological Seminary president Richard Mouw - Richard J. Mouw, Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004; pg 15) Mouw is an American Reformed Theologian who seems to walk a line somewhere between McKim and Sproul. The statement didn't originate with ME! and you totally disregarded that I addressed everyone . . . WOW!
Why did you use it? Passive aggressive is still what it is.

But the thing I have noticed about unitarians----but others too----is that they get the most pleasure out of bickering and nit picking and arguing endlessly and aimlessly, on, and on, and on over nothing.

So have your last word. I won't respond so you can keep that in your belt. Nice talking with you. Have a great day.

Why did you use it? Passive aggressive is still what it is.

But the thing I have noticed about unitarians----but others too----is that they get the most pleasure out of bickering and nit picking and arguing endlessly and aimlessly, on, and on, and on over nothing.

So have your last word. I won't respond so you can keep that in your belt. Nice talking with you. Have a great day.
Whatever Arial . . . . this is exactly why I do not respond to you directly!

"I must . . . say up front that . . . I find many Calvinists lacking in gentleness and respect. I even find these qualities missing in Calvinists' interactions with other Christians. Indeed, Calvinists are often not very gentle or respectful when debating fine points of doctrine with fellow Calvinists."
Fuller Theological Seminary president Richard Mouw -
Richard J. Mouw, Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004; pg 15) Mouw is an American Reformed Theologian who seems to walk a line somewhere between McKim and Sproul.

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect - 1 Peter 3:15

This speaks to everyone NOT just Calvinist based Reformed Theologians.
Hear the gentleness in my voice...
Jesus does not need or accept man's testimony.
That includes you, patience.

Back