• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

New Covenant Christianity Vs. Old Covenant Law and Religion

Thanks .

I would offer. salvation is the work of two. Two the witness God has spoken in order to form the government of peace, a peace that surpasses our understanding, him giving us his understanding of faith, the power that works in the believer. .

Genesis 3:15 calls it the bruising of the heel of the son of man, Jesus. The father striking the son , crushing the head of the serpent .

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;(singular Christ not seeds flesh many.) it (Christ the spiritual seed ) shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.. . . . . . (the Son of man, Jesus)

The same kind of parable (bruising the heel) is shown again in Isaiah 53

.Isaiah 53:1-6King James Version Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isaiah 53:10-12 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed(one Christ, not seeds many flesh) , he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

To that law and its testimony, The promised work of two is shown in the garden of Gethsemane this is before the bloody demonstration to the world and the last of the three days and nights demonstration. In the tomb the testimony of faith not seen when the work of two was finished .

The bloody demonstration more popular.

Below to show the work of two The father put the disciples asleep three times, three denoted the end of a mater throughout the Bible. The father bruised the heel of the Son of Man again limiting it to the work of two .Father and Son . The disciples were not part of the demonstration It would be like when all else fails we can lean on God as did Jesus

Mathew 26: 37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

They rose up and introduce the second phase of the thee day and night demonstration the hill of Golgotha. for the Garden to the hill and the bloody part. last the tomb the witness of faith unseen. (three parts .

John 19:17And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:

The skull the bloody demonstration to the whole world. In that way the world loves to see blood.. It can cause a traffic jam .

:
:
You didn't answer my question.

The reason that Jesus died on the cross was to defeat sin, death and the devil. The law says, "The soul that sins must die" This is a spiritual death, which means eternal separation from God. Jesus did not have any sin, but we do. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus bore our sins so that we don't have to, not that we could. God requires a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity. We don't measure up.

You didn't answer my question.

The reason that Jesus died on the cross was to defeat sin, death and the devil. The law says, "The soul that sins must die" This is a spiritual death, which means eternal separation from God. Jesus did not have any sin, but we do. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus bore our sins so that we don't have to, not that we could. God requires a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity. We don't measure up.
Hi thanks I see that a little differently

Not a salvation issue more of like others can hear differently and have the same result.. Some like myself are slower learners .Christ our Victor has finished the race.

The three day and night "demonstration" that demonstrated the lamb of God slain from the foundation the six days God did work.

The promised demonstration of two working as one to in order to form the unseen government of God working in mankind. The spiritual house made up of many lively stones the church or bride of Christ, our husband

The reason that Jesus suffered unto death (not dead never to rise) in the garden of Gethsemane and on the cross was to defeat sin, death and the devil. The father working with the Son of man strengthening him to finish the work of two Again the promised demonstration .

Hi thanks I see that a little differently

Not a salvation issue more of like others can hear differently and have the same result.. Some like myself are slower learners .Christ our Victor has finished the race.

The three day and night "demonstration" that demonstrated the lamb of God slain from the foundation the six days God did work.

The promised demonstration of two working as one to in order to form the unseen government of God working in mankind. The spiritual house made up of many lively stones the church or bride of Christ, our husband

The reason that Jesus suffered unto death (not dead never to rise) in the garden of Gethsemane and on the cross was to defeat sin, death and the devil. The father working with the Son of man strengthening him to finish the work of two Again the promised demonstration .
It is heresy to attribute to the Father that which was accomplished by the Son. The Bible does not confuse the trinity, neither should we. In the trinity, Jesus comes into the world as the savior. The Father remains in heaven. The Holy Spirit glorifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer. They are present in each other, but their works are different.

It is heresy to attribute to the Father that which was accomplished by the Son. The Bible does not confuse the trinity, neither should we. In the trinity, Jesus comes into the world as the savior. The Father remains in heaven. The Holy Spirit glorifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer. They are present in each other, but their works are different.

Its the work of two working as one. The witness of God .What I would call the dynamic dual.

The Elohim in Genesis. Let us .

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth

The father in the greater position of power working in powerless mankind . We have the treasure of his power but again would never say it is of us (no power)

Two is the witness of God. Three is another metaphor used in parables it is used to denote the "end of a matter".

There is no difference between the Father and the Holy Spirit or the word Christ the father as the teacher , pouring out the power of God on powerless dying flesh the Son of man Jesus.

Luk 20:37
Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.(KJV)

Soul sleep is what many Unitarians believe.
What did Jesus think according to the parable in John 6 used to represent the last day under the Sun ?

John 11: 11These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

John 11: 13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

It would seem "dead asleep" waiting for the wake up call on the last day under the Son . .Arise receive your propmised new bodies that will never die or grow old .No longer male and female. Jew nor gentile

Those who venerate disembodied workers with familiar spirits (patron saints) need to keep them active.

What did Jesus think according to the parable in John 6 used to represent the last day under the Sun ?

John 11: 11These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

John 11: 13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

It would seem "dead asleep" waiting for the wake up call on the last day under the Son . .Arise receive your propmised new bodies that will never die or grow old .No longer male and female. Jew nor gentile

Those who venerate disembodied workers with familiar spirits (patron saints) need to keep them active.
Lazarus was not awakened out of soul sleep. He was sleeping in the kingdom of God.

Lazarus was not awakened out of soul sleep. He was sleeping in the kingdom of God.
Lazarus was dead. Completely 100% stone cold dead.
Jesus raised him from the dead.

He died again, and is currently dead. 100% stone cold dead.
He will be resurrected in the future.

Which kingdom of God in that parable? The kingdoms of this world under the god of this world or the did it represent the eternal not seen the new Jerusalem prepared as the bride the church ?

If the saints that leave this realm under the Sun are not sleeping then what are they doing sending messages to earth to a family members.

Which kingdom of God in that parable? The kingdoms of this world under the god of this world or the did it represent the eternal not seen the new Jerusalem prepared as the bride the church ?

If the saints that leave this realm under the Sun are not sleeping then what are they doing sending messages to earth to a family members.
It would seem even the progeny of God need to sleep. I mean the eternal Kingdom of God.

You seem dictatorial about things you can't possibly know. Who do you suppose those thousands upon thousands of saints around the throne are? Or the cloud of witnesses of faith? Or what did Jesus mean about the dead beggar being in the bosom of Abraham? Or Samuel appearing to the witch? Elijah and Moses speaking with Jesus?

Jesus called it asleep .He was not reincarnated .

Back