• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Must One First Repent And Confess Their Sins Before God Saves Them?

Both were deceived by the same father of lies.
Yes they were.
False.
Adam was not deceived.

Adam was to protect his wife by not adding to the commandment that was not given to the woman but the husband, the signified head. Adam as a false prophet, false apostle did add . . .neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die

If adding to God's word makes one a false, prophet how do you account for the high priest...?

John 11
47Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.

48If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

49And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,

50Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

53Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.

Note . . .(purple) by added comment as a opinion .

Mark 5 :25-34 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, (taking the lead) If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.(confessing her sin) And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
She didn't take the lead; she had the faith to be healed.

Virtue was lost.
Virtue is courage and strength.
Being devoid of living faith Adam had neither to start with.

The woman in the story had courage; and just enough strength to crawl between the crowd's feet and legs.

King James Bible
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam was not deceived.
Then why did he add do not touch?
False.
Adam was not deceived.

Adam acting as the high priest like Moses was used to represent God not seen .

Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Adam was deceived by adding to the word as a false apostle sent with false prophecy . She carried it out. And in that way man was not deceived by doing the false until she ate. Again he was to protect the woman represented as the church not add to the commandment.

The law of faith both to will and to do . False wills produce false fruit

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. . . (along with Adam, mankind men and woman lost virtue.

Nothing about not touching. To even look with lust in ones heart violates the prefect law of faith.

Genesis 3:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

He didn't. Eve did.
Adam acting as the high priest like Moses was used to represent God not seen .
The Bible says nothing at all about Adam acting as the high priest.
Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
That's a prophecy about Jesus Christ.
Adam was deceived by adding to the word as a false apostle sent with false prophecy .
The Bible does not say Adam was deceived. Eve added the "neither shall ye touch it" line. Neither Adam (nor Eve) were apostles, and the words were not prophecy.
She carried it out. And in that way man was not deceived by doing the false until she ate.
Adam was not deceived. Eve was.
Again he was to protect the woman represented as the church not add to the commandment.
Where does the Bible say anything about Eve representing the church?
The law of faith both to will and to do . False wills produce false fruit

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. . . (along with Adam, mankind men and woman lost virtue.

Nothing about not touching. To even look with lust in ones heart violates the prefect law of faith.

Genesis 3:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
You say a lot of things that are wrong, or simply not in the Bible.

All who came before me were robbers and thieves ~ Jesus
Adam was deceived by adding to the word as a false apostle sent with false prophecy . She carried it out. And in that way man was not deceived by doing the false until she ate.
Adam knew to do good but did not have the ability to perform it.

Romans 7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Again he was to protect the woman represented as the church not add to the commandment.
You are adding to God's command.
There was only one command and it wasn't thou shalt not add to my word.

All who came before me were robbers and thieves ~ Jesus

Adam knew to do good but did not have the ability to perform it.

Romans 7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

You are adding to God's command.
There was only one command and it wasn't thou shalt not add to my word.
Adam had the power to good but he gave it over to the father of lies when he lied to Eve. Paul was speaking from the present condition the fall

How am I adding to the word? Are you saying he was not to protect her, but was to deceive her?

Adam had the power to good but he gave it over to the father of lies when he lied to Eve.
Adam was earthy, he did what came naturally to him.
Paul was speaking from the present condition the fall
No, he is not.
God didn't turn Adam into a super sinner because he sinned.
How am I adding to the word?
If you are not then you should be able to show where God commanded Adam not to add to his word, no?
Are you saying he was not to protect her, but was to deceive her?
So, now you are adding another command...?
Thou shalt protect your wife by not deceiving her?
Adam was not made the head of the wife until after the transgression.

Here is a very good article about what happened in the garden.

Consider this @Mr G Lee, the bible does not say that the Devil was standing there holding the fruit saying, "see I'm touching it and not dying."
Eve believed the Devil that God had lied.
Adam's adding to the command had nothing to do with her first disbelief of what God said.
She had no idea he even did.

Consider this @Mr G Lee, the bible does not say that the Devil was standing there holding the fruit saying, "see I'm touching it and not dying."
Eve believed the Devil that God had lied.
Adam's adding to the command had nothing to do with her first disbelief of what God said.
She had no idea he even did.

God did not bring the commandment to Eve,. Adam acted as the high priest. when she touched it he ate together with her .

Eve believed her husband, the false prophet, false apostle . He as the head was to protect not deceive.

Back