• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus and the Pharisees

You are both a sinner that sins and a believer that sins. Paul was not lying when he said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
True, but he wasn't being general either. It is about Jerusalem, not the whole planet.

True, but he wasn't being general either. It is about Jerusalem, not the whole planet.
Jesus is the international savior. He has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Jesus is the international savior. He has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.
Morelike, the whole nation of Israel. God so loved them more.

Morelike, the whole nation of Israel. God so loved them more.
The scripture says, "God so loved the WORLD" John 3:16. Jesus loves everyone, because he atoned for everyone's sins, Hebrews 2:9. Don't believe the Calvinist lie.

The scripture says, "God so loved the WORLD" John 3:16. Jesus loves everyone, because he atoned for everyone's sins, Hebrews 2:9. Don't believe the Calvinist lie.
Yes, he so loved the kosmos, i.e., the nation. There is no word for planet in Biblical Greek, and I doubt if there is one in Greek in general.

Liddel Scott Jones
κόσμος (κόσμος, ου,)
I. order, κόσμῳ and κατὰ κόσμον in order, duly, Il., etc.; μὰψ ἀτὰρ οὐ κατὰ κόσμον Il.; οὐδενὶ κόσμῳ in no sort of order, Hdt., attic
2. good order, good behaviour, decency, Aesch., Dem.
3. the form, fashion of a thing, Od., Hdt.
4. of states, order, government, Hdt., Thuc.
II. an ornament, decoration, embellishment, dress, Il., etc.; esp. of women, Lat. mundus muliebris, Il., Hes., etc.:—in pl. ornaments, Aesch., etc.
2. metaph. honour, credit, Hdt., Soph., etc.
III. a regulator, title of the chief magistrate in Crete, Arist.

Thayer's definitions
κόσμος, κόσμου, ὁ;
1. in Greek writings from Homer down, an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, or der.
2. as in Greek writings from Homer down, ornament, decoration, adornment: ἐνδύσεως ἱματίων, 1Pe 3:3 (Sir 6:30; Sir 21:21; 2Ma 2:2; the Septuagint for צָבָא of the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts,' as the ornament of the heavens, Gen 2:1 ; Deu 4:19; Deu 17:8; Isa 24:21; Isa 40:26; besides occasionally for עֲדִי; twice for תִּפְאֶרֶת, Pro 20:29; Isa 3:19).

G2889 κόσμος kosmos (koz'-mos) n.
1. orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration.
2. (by implication) the world including its inhabitants.

His kingdom was not of this world. He didn't say his kingdom was not this planet.

Yes, he so loved the kosmos, i.e., the nation. There is no word for planet in Biblical Greek, and I doubt if there is one in Greek in general.
Jesus loves the whole world because he atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Liddel Scott Jones
κόσμος (κόσμος, ου,)
I. order, κόσμῳ and κατὰ κόσμον in order, duly, Il., etc.; μὰψ ἀτὰρ οὐ κατὰ κόσμον Il.; οὐδενὶ κόσμῳ in no sort of order, Hdt., attic
2. good order, good behaviour, decency, Aesch., Dem.
3. the form, fashion of a thing, Od., Hdt.
4. of states, order, government, Hdt., Thuc.
II. an ornament, decoration, embellishment, dress, Il., etc.; esp. of women, Lat. mundus muliebris, Il., Hes., etc.:—in pl. ornaments, Aesch., etc.
2. metaph. honour, credit, Hdt., Soph., etc.
III. a regulator, title of the chief magistrate in Crete, Arist.

Thayer's definitions
κόσμος, κόσμου, ὁ;
1. in Greek writings from Homer down, an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, or der.
2. as in Greek writings from Homer down, ornament, decoration, adornment: ἐνδύσεως ἱματίων, 1Pe 3:3 (Sir 6:30; Sir 21:21; 2Ma 2:2; the Septuagint for צָבָא of the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts,' as the ornament of the heavens, Gen 2:1 ; Deu 4:19; Deu 17:8; Isa 24:21; Isa 40:26; besides occasionally for עֲדִי; twice for תִּפְאֶרֶת, Pro 20:29; Isa 3:19).

G2889 κόσμος kosmos (koz'-mos) n.
1. orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration.
2. (by implication) the world including its inhabitants.

His kingdom was not of this world. He didn't say his kingdom was not this planet.
This present world is the Kingdom of Satan. When Jesus returns that is going to change.

Back