• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus and the Pharisees

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

But faith is a poor translation, and trust is a better word. A man is made just by works, and not just trust alone.

Should I call myself a sinner or a believer who sins?

No one is not guilty of sinning? We are to die sin but the flesh doesn’t please God. Faith pleases him?

If I am guilty of something wouldn’t God let me know? Are there somethings God doesn’t take care of? Paul prayed three times, the Lord said my grace is sufficient enough for you for when you are weak in Christ you are strong?

Should I call myself a sinner or a believer who sins?

No one is not guilty of sinning? We are to die sin but the flesh doesn’t please God. Faith pleases him?

If I am guilty of something wouldn’t God let me know? Are there somethings God doesn’t take care of? Paul prayed three times, the Lord said my grace is sufficient enough for you for when you are weak in Christ you are strong?
You are both a sinner that sins and a believer that sins. Paul was not lying when he said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

I’m not sure I can be both. Either I’m a sinner going to die in my sins, or a believer who has been saved from sin and death but still sins, cause my flesh.

Everyone that is born after Adam is a sinner, Romans 5:12 also Romans 5:19. He also committed adultery with Haggar.
It said many, not all were made sinners. And Abraham was polygamous; monogamy was not a standard back then.

Back