• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

God’s Work In You

That is because there is something impenetrable about your mindset. NC is wiser than me in that I try to penetrate that wall far too long and often. It only ends in prolonged fruitless back and forth.
I asked him to explain what he meant. Rather than explain, he just said I didn't make sense (how did what I asked not make sense?), that I didn't understand him, and backed away. He has done that a few times.

Maybe you can explain what he meant by "everything believers encounter is just for learning and nothing else," because as stated, it's not true.

So you think God was in control of all those kids getting murdered at Sandy Hook. Or that He was in control of 9/11, or that He was in control of hurricane Ian.

Tell me... what do you think the parents of those murdered kids learned?

I would offer in regard to Stoneman Douglas High School massacre in south Florida another mass murderer. (copy cats ) of the father of lies a murder from the beginning with Abel. Satan deceiving the atheist Cain, the fool .

Those in a court of law like us are learning about suffering. Living in a powerless earthen body of death there is sufferings the pangs of hell for either doing that which is right or sufferings for doing evil, all suffer daily .Yoked with Christ we share his sufferings making the burden lighter. Not as some say ours adds to His. Therefore doing despite to fulness of Christ's grace the cost we purchased by

2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

The arrows of the evil one are intended for Jesus come at his brothers and sisters, as son of God.(Christians)

Satan who has no vision is not subject to salvation. His evil arrows as the accuser of the brethren are continually shot in the dark accusing the sons of God, Christians. . . day and night (24 hours 7 days a week )

When a person gets in a court of law all suffer as one. The defense as well as the offence suffer .No work is free from suffering.

In that way in attempt to rebuke the father of lies. The defense that protects the integrity of those throwing stones from the witnesses the offence (more than one witness) ) It can affect the defenders and cause more suffering . The judge having the awesome responsibility (like God unseen ) to find the spiritual conclusion and maybe help to change the law .or at least if not death that anything that would give comfort be taken away solitary confident..

Political issue. Prison reform.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I would offer in regard to Stoneman Douglas High School massacre in south Florida another mass murderer. (copy cats ) of the father of lies a murder from the beginning with Abel. Satan deceiving the atheist Cain .

Those in a court of law like us are learning about suffering. Living in a powerless earthen body of death there is sufferings the pangs of hell for either doing that which is right or sufferings for doing evil, all suffer daily .Yoked with Christ we share his sufferings making the burden lighter. Not as some say ours adds to His. Therefore doing despite to fulness of Christ's grace the cost we purchased by

2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

The arrows of the evil one are intended for Jesus come at his brothers and sisters, as son of God.(Christians)

Satan who has no vision is not subject to salvation. His evil arrows as the accuser of the brethren are continually shot in the dark accusing the sons of God, Christians. . . day and night (24 hours 7 days a week )

When a person gets in a court of law all suffer as one. The defense as well as the offence suffer .No work is free from suffering.

In that way in attempt to rebuke the father of lies. The defense that protects the integrity of those throwing stones from the witnesses the offence (more than one witness) ) It can affect the defenders and cause more suffering . The judge having the awesome responsibility (like God unseen ) to find the spiritual conclusion and maybe help to change the law .or at least if not death that anything that would give comfort be taken away solitary confident..

Political issue. Prison reform.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
..another jumble of words. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I asked him to explain what he meant. Rather than explain, he just said I didn't make sense (how did what I asked not make sense?), that I didn't understand him, and backed away. He has done that a few times.

Maybe you can explain what he meant by "everything believers encounter is just for learning and nothing else," because as stated, it's not true.
This is how that "conversation" went. First you pulled a parenthetical comment out of the middle of a sentence (something that is common with you) and completely out of the context and intent of the OP, and said this:
That's not true. Sometimes believers encounter horrific things that are not from God. Sicknesses, losses, violent crime, any number of things. They can be straight from the devil. While we can frequently learn from trials, etc, and know that God works for the good in every situation, not everything believers encounter is "just for learning." Sometimes they're straight-up attacks from the devil with no good resulting from them at all.
To which NC replied,
In my understanding there is nothing that occurs in the life of the believer that God is not in control of. Thus we learn from everything how we are to respond to God concerning all things.
Ignoring and not understanding that, you said this:
So you think God was in control of all those kids getting murdered at Sandy Hook. Or that He was in control of 9/11, or that He was in control of hurricane Ian.

Tell me... what do you think the parents of those murdered kids learned?
To which NC said this:
The control I'm talking about is the outcome of all things, not necessarily the cause of all things.
To which you replied,
Do you mean the outcome of the Sandy Hook shooting was God's will? 18 innocent kids murdered was God's will?
At which time, NC recognized the prudence of ending the fruitless exchange with this,
You're not getting what I mean! God bless!
In what way did he not explain what he meant? You didn't understand, you can't understand, you can't get beyond the negative indoctrination (indoctrination against things and ideas) to think outside of it. You became so locked on that one parenthetical phrase that you missed the entire thrust and purpose of the OP and as is per usual with you, derailed a thread by condeming from your bandwagon.

BTW, Sandy Hook and all the other atrocities that happen to other people, do not belong to you. It is not for you to say what anyone involved may or may not have learned. It is not for you to announce for God and all the world, those things you cannot possibly see into.

This is how that "conversation" went. First you pulled a parenthetical comment out of the middle of a sentence (something that is common with you) and completely out of the context and intent of the OP, and said this:

To which NC replied,

Ignoring and not understanding that, you said this:

To which NC said this:

To which you replied,

At which time, NC recognized the prudence of ending the fruitless exchange with this,

In what way did he not explain what he meant? You didn't understand, you can't understand, you can't get beyond the negative indoctrination (indoctrination against things and ideas) to think outside of it. You became so locked on that one parenthetical phrase that you missed the entire thrust and purpose of the OP and as is per usual with you, derailed a thread by condeming from your bandwagon.

BTW, Sandy Hook and all the other atrocities that happen to other people, do not belong to you. It is not for you to say what anyone involved may or may not have learned. It is not for you to announce for God and all the world, those things you cannot possibly see into.
You're a master of decree and denigration, Arial. You tend to mimic your misunderstanding of God. Who am I to question you?

In what way did he not explain what he meant?
He did not answer. He backed away.

You're a master of decree and denigration, Arial. You tend to mimic your misunderstanding of God. Who am I to question you?

He did not answer. He backed away.
Unrelated to the post it is responding to. When all else fails, resort to tactics like this. Bye.

P.S. denigration is unfair criticism.

Not everyone has to have an answer, or answer questions.

Honor Is Not Fitting for a Fool​

26 As snow in summer and rain in harvest,
So honor is not fitting for a fool.
2 Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow,
So a curse without cause shall not alight.
3 A whip for the horse,
A bridle for the donkey,
And a rod for the fool’s back.
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.
6 He who sends a message by the hand of a fool
Cuts off his own feet and drinks violence.
7 Like the legs of the lame that hang limp
Is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
8 Like one who binds a stone in a sling
Is he who gives honor to a fool.
9 Like a thorn that goes into the hand of a drunkard
Is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
10 [a]The great God who formed everything
Gives the fool his hire and the transgressor his wages.
11 As a dog returns to his own vomit,
So a fool repeats his folly.
12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.
13 The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road!
A fierce lion is in the [b]streets!”
14 As a door turns on its hinges,
So does the lazy man on his bed.
15 The lazy man buries his hand in the [c]bowl;
It wearies him to bring it back to his mouth.
16 The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes
Than seven men who can answer sensibly.
17 He who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own
Is like one who takes a dog by the ears.
18 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”
20 Where there is no wood, the fire goes out;
And where there is no [d]talebearer, strife ceases.
21 As charcoal is to burning coals, and wood to fire,
So is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22 The words of a [e]talebearer are like [f]tasty trifles,
And they go down into the [g]inmost body.
23 Fervent lips with a wicked heart
Are like earthenware covered with silver dross.
24 He who hates, disguises it with his lips,
And lays up deceit within himself;
25 When [h]he speaks kindly, do not believe him,
For there are seven abominations in his heart;
26 Though his hatred is covered by deceit,
His wickedness will be revealed before the assembly.
27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it,
And he who rolls a stone will have it roll back on him.
28 A lying tongue hates those who are crushed by it,
And a flattering mouth works ruin.

Yes, it is.
In fact, I wasn't even criticizing you. I was trying to show you that you were mistaken in saying your question wasn't answered. It was answered. You did not understand the answer so said it wasn't answered. Can you do something besides this nonsense? That was a criticism, and it was deserved.

In fact, I wasn't even criticizing you. I was trying to show you that you were mistaken in saying your question wasn't answered. It was answered. You did not understand the answer so said it wasn't answered. Can you do something besides this nonsense? That was a criticism, and it was deserved.
Where did he answer what he meant by "everything believers encounter is just for learning and nothing else?"

Where did he explain "The control I'm talking about is the outcome of all things, not necessarily the cause of all things?"

Where did he answer what he meant by "everything believers encounter is just for learning and nothing else?"

Where did he explain "The control I'm talking about is the outcome of all things, not necessarily the cause of all things?"
The control I'm talking about is the outcome of all things, not necessarily the cause of all things.
Your response to that in post #7 showed that you did not understand what he was saying, there, or in entire OP, and nothing he said from that point on trying to explain, would be understood by you, just contradicted. I have that same experience every time we exchange comments. If you don't like it that people notice that about you, find a way not to do it.

Back