• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did Paul ever water baptize ?

D

dan perez

If Paul was given a new message , why water baptize ??

1 Cor 1:17 says , For Christ did not send send me to Baptize but to preach the Gospel .

How does any one reconcile verse 14 and verse 17 ?

dan p

If Paul was given a new message , why water baptize ??

1 Cor 1:17 says , For Christ did not send send me to Baptize but to preach the Gospel .

How does any one reconcile verse 14 and verse 17 ?

dan p
He did baptize, but he couldn't remember if he baptized more than a few.

It could be that Paul was grateful he had not physically baptized because some were putting importance on it.
Paul utilizes both physical circumcision and physical baptism as having zero to do with gaining eternal life, but that believers are spiritually circumcised and baptized by being in Christ.

Paul mentioned two guys that he baptized - also mentioned "the household of Stephanus" that he baptized - then said he wasn't sure of anyone else he water-baptized...
He definitely downplayed physical circumcision and physical baptism, but did not ignore it completely.

Paul mentioned two guys that he baptized - also mentioned "the household of Stephanus" that he baptized - then said he wasn't sure of anyone else he water-baptized...
He definitely downplayed physical circumcision and physical baptism, but did not ignore it completely.

He is glad he didn't baptize much - so people would not have occasion to think he was focusing on himself.

He is glad he didn't baptize much - so people would not have occasion to think he was focusing on himself.
And I have yet to see where Saul / Paul was ever given the authority to water Baptize , like the 12 apostles were given by Jesus in Matt 16 , 19 -20 ?
And did they ever go and teach all GENTILES / ETHNOS ??

Why was this ONLY TIME you see , Baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit ?

dan p

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is spoken to the eleven. Matthias was added, Paul ws added also - and I do not think there were RESTRICTIONS on who could baptize.

1Pe 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I believe in the priesthood of the believer. I am not too convinced of what is called THE CLERGY - and it may be the Nicolaitians.

In any case, I do not look for special "authority" to preach, baptize, be a pastor, or whatever.
Only Bishops and Deacons had certain qualifications.

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is spoken to the eleven. Matthias was added, Paul ws added also - and I do not think there were RESTRICTIONS on who could baptize.

1Pe 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I believe in the priesthood of the believer. I am not too convinced of what is called THE CLERGY - and it may be the Nicolaitians.

In any case, I do not look for special "authority" to preach, baptize, be a pastor, or whatever.
Only Bishops and Deacons had certain qualifications.
And in Matt 28:19 he spake to who ? THEM , and who were THEM , but the apostles , and NOT Paul , unless you have a verse that I missed ?

Do you have a verse where Paul was ADDED TO the 12 disciples ?

Paul says that in the B O C , there are no Jews or Greek , Gal 3:28 !!

This means that the 12 disciples are not part of the B O C , period !!

dan p

Ya got sumpn against Paul, dan p?

And I am defending Paul and the MYSTERY that Paul was given in Col 1:26 and in Eph 3:1-5 and in Rom 16:25-26 . I say the the MYSTERY was only given to Paul and NEVER given to the 12 disciple , period .

My position is Acts 9 , where the B O C BEGAN !

dan p

dan p

Back