• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Could you Choose to Believe in a Literal Santa Clause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but it's a decision, not a belief.
A person can decide to believe.
It would be something along the lines of "I think I will believe this." It might be in reincarnation or the big bang theory or santa clause. As opposed to hearing the gospel (which even scripture tells us is foolishness, nonsense, to our natural mind)
The Gospel is foolish to natural minded, or worldly people. People can choose to seek God.
and having absolute trust in its truthfulness. Believing it, rather than simply deciding or choosing to believe it. I realize you probably remember making a choice. So do I. And as God remembers that we are made out of dust, I'm quite sure it comes as no surprise to Him that we, or many of us, forever look at it that way, and therefore read scriptures in a way that supports that. We do make a choice. But the choice is not to believe, but rather the choice is Jesus as our Savior.
The choice is to believe in Jesus Christ as the savior.

And from my view, we make that choice because we have been reborn.
But a person is not reborn until he believes the Gospel (Eph 1:13-14; Acts 2:38).

You say it is our choosing that causes the rebirth. Which----just my opinion, we don't need to carry on about it------even sounds backwards according to logic, and gives way too much credit to ourselves that belongs to God.
God made us in his image. Part of that is that se are sentient beings. We know both good and evil (Gen 3:22), we are to "choose life" (Deut 30:19; Josh 24:15).
Therefore there is something better, something greater, something superior about the wise ones that decide to choose to believe??
No. Believers are not better, greater, or more superior than anyone else. God is no respecter of persons, God wants all men to be saved, and anyone has the capability to choose God. Some people humble themselves before God and some don't.

Basically, humility.
I agree. Humble yourself in before God. Hw will lift you up. I have also found that personal experience with him goes a long ways.

BTW, I owe you an apology also. Way back when we got into it over the deity of Christ and I let my ego take over. I was wrong to treat you the way that I have. I am sorry.

Of course one can believe in these subjects you speak of as Long as they don't find out they are fictitious. There are a lot of people that still do believe in Easter and the Easter Bunny. These two come from long ago cults from around Nimrod's time on earth.

God on the other hand has his fingerprint, signature if you will on everything you see. Everything that breathes he has given its "Ha" breath........He is not fictitious although there are many and more everyday who are becoming godless.

Blade
I think you hit the nail on the head. There is evidence for believing in God. Fulfilled prophecy is another evidence that is very strong.

I agree. Humble yourself in before God. Hw will lift you up. I have also found that personal experience with him goes a long ways.

BTW, I owe you an apology also. Way back when we got into it over the deity of Christ and I let my ego take over. I was wrong to treat you the way that I have. I am sorry.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I'm cautiously optimistic that we can discuss things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back