• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Could you Choose to Believe in a Literal Santa Clause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A person can decide to believe.

The Gospel is foolish to natural minded, or worldly people. People can choose to seek God.

The choice is to believe in Jesus Christ as the savior.

But a person is not reborn until he believes the Gospel (Eph 1:13-14; Acts 2:38).

God made us in his image. Part of that is that se are sentient beings. We know both good and evil (Gen 3:22), we are to "choose life" (Deut 30:19; Josh 24:15).

No. Believers are not better, greater, or more superior than anyone else. God is no respecter of persons, God wants all men to be saved, and anyone has the capability to choose God. Some people humble themselves before God and some don't.
This is really not the forum for you to start carrying on like that IMO. I am certainly not going to do it with you.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There is evidence for believing in God. Fulfilled prophecy is another evidence that is very strong.
It was fulfilled prophecy that resonated with me. I already believed in God, but did not know Him. It was all the prophecy in scripture that was fulfilled in scripture that made me say then it all, everything in the Bible, must be true. Just one more case of the providence of God working with who we are.

Noted. Remember that Christ won't control you (or me). How we behave is a decision of our will.
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, Hebrews 1:11

This is what I was trying to express.

Noted. Remember that Christ won't control you (or me). How we behave is a decision of our will.
Shroom, we will have to differ on this subject. God is in control and will in the end have his way...Now, that might not include micro-management (control of our actions or free -will)_ but the results will in the end, be what He wants them to be....

Thanks

Blade

Closing this thread.
It has run it's course and is delving into attacks on posters.
Try a little tenderness in the future and SHARE viewpoints, not DEMAND viewpoints.
We can make a difference if we choose to.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back