• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Christian Gnostic's and Trinitarianism

ROFL!!!!
Gnosticism is a dualistic belief, ie. competing gods that oppose each other.
In Christianity the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not compete or oppose.

so you agree that Jesus Christ is YHWH? The Father is also YHWH and the Holy Spirit is YHWH
Numbers 21

The Bronze Snake​

4 They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea,[c] to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; 5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!”

6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Sin hanged on a pole.
Galatians 3:13

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

In order for Christ to have fulfilled the prophecy, he had to die on a stake, not a cross.

Again: If Christ died on a cross, then he did not fulfill the prophecy.

Deuteronomy 21:23
you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

ξυλου is a wood pole.

Numbers 21:8
The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.”

Numbers 21:9

So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

A pole and a stake are the same thing, and a cross is not a pole or stake. Just like a saw horse is not a chair.

The word "cross" is a interpretation and not a translation. The cross is a pagan symbol. That is why it should not be used in the bible.

Terminology
Further information: Cross § Name

Ancient Greek has two verbs for crucify: ana-stauro (ἀνασταυρόω), from stauros, "stake", and apo-tumpanizo (ἀποτυμπανίζω) "crucify on a plank",[4] together with anaskolopizo (ἀνασκολοπίζω "impale"). In earlier pre-Roman Greek texts anastauro usually means "impale".[5][6][7]

New Testament Greek uses four verbs, three of them based upon stauros (σταυρός), usually translated "cross". The most common term is stauroo (σταυρόω), "to crucify", occurring 43 times; sustauroo (συσταυρόω), "to crucify with" or "alongside" occurs five times, while anastauroo (ἀνασταυρόω), "to crucify again" occurs only once at the Epistle to the Hebrews 6:6. prospegnumi (προσπήγνυμι), "to fix or fasten to, impale, crucify" occurs only once at the Acts of the Apostles 2:23.

The English term cross derives from the Latin word crux.[8] The Latin term crux classically referred to a tree or any construction of wood used to hang criminals as a form of execution. The term later came to refer specifically to a cross.[9]

The English term crucifix derives from the Latin crucifixus or cruci fixus, past participle passive of crucifigere or cruci figere, meaning "to crucify" or "to fasten to a cross"

The word "cross" was introduced into scriptures; before then the word stauros meant stake or pole only. Dictionaries were redefined to please the Catholics.

The sign of the cross is in the right hand and forehead. The Popes title equals 666.

Revelation 13:16
It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,

Revelation 13:18
This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast,(nation) for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Joining Pagan beliefs to the bible was an attempt to unify Paganism with Christianity.

so you agree that Jesus Christ is YHWH? The Father is also YHWH and the Holy Spirit is YHWH
Holy Spirit is a title for Yahwah our Father. Christ speaks of unity between him and the Father, but he never claims to be Yahwah.

ROFL!!!!
Gnosticism is a dualistic belief, ie. competing gods that oppose each other.
In Christianity the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not compete or oppose.
Actually, it had an anti-material dualism like modern Christianity. Augustine and Calvin especially with their versions of original sin.

Actually, with Calvinism and Augustine; Christianity is very gnostic with its dualism.

Actually, it had an anti-material dualism like modern Christianity. Augustine and Calvin especially with their versions of original sin.
The family tree (so to speak) of gods of Gnosticism is worlds apart from biblical, but they do use some of the same type of descriptive language.

To see the family tree of Gnosticism watch a small portion of this video (around 5:00 - 24:50), only 20 minutes of this video.

but he never claims to be Yahwah

“This is he of whom it is written, “‘Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you.’” - Matthew 11:10

Jesus is here freely quoting from the Prophet Malachi

Mal. 3:1 from the Hebrew:

“Behold, I send My Messenger, And he shall make ready a way before Me.”

In the original words found in Malachi 3:1, where the Speaker is Yahweh. The Greek of Matthew 11:10 ( Mark 1:1-3; Luke 7:27), the words are neither from the Hebrew or Greek (LXX) of the passage in Malachi. Instead, The Lord Jesus Christ, on His own Authority, has changed the words, so that they refer directly to Himself, what is in Malachi, of Yahweh. Jesus has changed the first person, “before Me (μου)”, to the second person, “before thee (σου)”. In the passage in Malachi, Yahweh speaks of the “messenger”, who is John the Baptist, as His forerunner, “going before Him”. Jesus, by changing the pronoun, appropriates what Yahweh Speaks in Malachi, to Himself, and makes John the Baptist as His own “messenger”, who went before Him! In the passage in Malachi, we also have the Coming of the “the Messenger (Angel) of the Covenant”, Who is “the Lord ('âdôn) Whom you seek”, before Whom John the Baptist went to “prepare the Way”!

It is very clear that Jesus, in making the change to the personal pronoun, applies the words in Malachi 3:1, which are Spoken by "Yahweh of Hosts", to Himself. Jesus would not have done so, had He been any "lower" than Yahweh, and not coequal with God the Father.

There is no other explanation, for why Jesus here changes the pronoun, than to make HIMSELF the Speaker in Malachi 3:1, Who is none other than "YAHWEH".

Jesus Christ says that He is YHWH, The Eternal, Creator GOD

Holy Spirit is a title for Yahwah our Father. Christ speaks of unity between him and the Father, but he never claims to be Yahwah.

Zechariah 2:6-11

Come! Come! Flee from the land of the north,’ says Yahweh; ‘for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the sky,’ says Yahweh. ‘Come, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.’ For Yahweh of Armies says: ‘For honor he has sent me to the nations which plundered you; for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye. For, behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they will be a plunder to those who served them; and you will know that Yahweh of Armies has sent Me. Sing and rejoice, daughter of Zion; for, behold, I come, and I will dwell within you,’ says Yahweh. Many nations shall join themselves to Yahweh in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell among you, and you shall know that Yahweh of Armies has sent Me to you.

The Speaker is Yahweh, and He says that Yahweh of Armies has SENT ME, which makes TWO DISTINCT Persons Who are equally YAHWEH

There is not way that this Truth can be denied!

The family tree (so to speak) of gods of Gnosticism is worlds apart from biblical, but they do use some of the same type of descriptive language.

To see the family tree of Gnosticism watch a small portion of this video (around 5:00 - 24:50), only 20 minutes of this video.

Was Valentinus that far removed from Christianity?

Back