• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Blotted out from The Book of Life

The disciples preached to the Jews first.
True.
After the destruction of the temple they began to preach to the Gentiles.
You are wrong. Gentiles were first saved when Peter went to see Cornelius. Paul was the apostle to the gentiles, and he died before the temple was destroyed. The churches in Galatia, Colossae, Ephesus, Rome, Corinth, Philippi, and Thessalonica were all primarily gentile churches. Those were the churches Paul wrote his epistles to.

Matthew 10:5,6,7
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

True.

You are wrong. Gentiles were first saved when Peter went to see Cornelius. Paul was the apostle to the gentiles, and he died before the temple was destroyed. The churches in Galatia, Colossae, Ephesus, Rome, Corinth, Philippi, and Thessalonica were all primarily gentile churches. Those were the churches Paul wrote his epistles to.

Christians are called so because they follow Christ.

True.

I am speaking in general, not any exceptions.

Matthew 10:5,6,7
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
This was before Pentecost, before Christanity became available. Jesus was a Jew, sent to the Jews. On Pentecost, Christianity began, but it took several years for the revelation about the change to be given to Paul.

The first Jews to believe Yahshua was the Messiah were part of the congregation called "The Way."

Acts 24:5
For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:

Acts 24:14
However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of The Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

Also consisting with some of these followers.

Revelation 7

New International Version

144,000 Sealed​

7 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Also consisting with some of these followers.

Revelation 7​

New International Version​

144,000 Sealed​

7 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.
Rev 7:9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb.

Rev 1:19 “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels[e] of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Footnotes​

1. Revelation 1:4 That is, the sevenfold Spirit
  2. Revelation 1:7 Daniel 7:13
  3. Revelation 1:7 Zech. 12:10
  4. Revelation 1:13 See Daniel 7:13.
  5. Revelation 1:20 Or messengers

Back