• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Blotted out from The Book of Life

Calvin got one thing right. Christians shall be saved because they are born of God. We are sons of God now (1 John 3:1-2). We have the gift of holy spirit, the guarantee of salvation (Eph 1:13-14).

OSAS is the core of Calvin's teachings.

and you have been denying Calvinism is wrong. @Arial.

No it isn't.
[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. It is related to your belief of "your works cannot save you" thingy too.

You dont know how many of Calvin's teachings you are following.

so convenient.

OSAS is the core of Calvin's teachings.

and you have been denying Calvinism is wrong. @Arial.
OSAS is a product of Calvin's teaching, not its core. It is a logical conclusion, given who God is and what He does. The core is God Himself, and the person and work of Jesus, and our justification before a just God through faith in His person and work. IOW JESUS SAVES!!!

OSAS is a product of Calvin's teaching, not its core. It is a logical conclusion, given who God is and what He does. The core is God Himself, and the person and work of Jesus, and our justification before a just God through faith in His person and work. IOW JESUS SAVES!!!
Yes, it is.

Your belief of "your works cannot save you" is related to OSAS too.

You follow Calvin's teachings. So are most trins.

Calvin got one thing right. Christians shall be saved because they are born of God. We are sons of God now (1 John 3:1-2). We have the gift of holy spirit, the guarantee of salvation (Eph 1:13-14).
Our salvation is conditional.

Yes, it is.

Your belief of "your works cannot save you" is related to OSAS too.

You follow Calvin's teachings. So are most trins.
Now you not only know more about trinitarianism than trinitarians do, you also know more about the core of Calvinism than Calvinists do? How incredibly smart you are. Try and follow what I said in my post instead of just telling me I don't know my own theology. OSAS is a conclusion that comes out of the other teachings.

For Christians, salvation is permanent. The gift of holy spirit is the guarantee of salvation. Christians are sealed unto the day of redemption. Christians are sons of God. You cannot become an un-son.

In Romans 9-11, Paul is addressing Israel, encouraging them to become saved (Rom 9:3-4; 10:1-3, 9-10; 11:1ff).
The first Christians were called (converts to Judaism) before they were called Christian.

Romans 11:22
Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

"You also" is the Gentiles.

Romans 11:11
Ingrafted Branches
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

Our salvation is conditional.
Our salvation is conditional on getting saved, which happens when a person hears the gospel and decides to believe it. At that moment he receives the gift of holy spirit, guaranteeing his salvation.

The first Christians were called (converts to Judaism) before they were called Christian.
Prove it. It is possible, but provide a scripture.
Romans 11:22
Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

"You also" is the Gentiles.

Romans 11:11
Ingrafted Branches
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.
Again, in Romans 9-11, Paul is primarily addressing his brothers according to the flesh: Israel.

Back