• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Biblical proof that there is no angels

Go ahead and quote where you read this.
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Was it in a dream?
No.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

No.

Would you agree that there are two things in play here? (in all those verses) -- one is physical, and one is not.

Luke- Jesus appears in front of them and says clearly-- 'Look at me.... flesh and bone-- not spirit. You see an actual physical person' (you don't see a spirit).

Acts- it's the same word in both places. At one moment scripture says they were standing staring up into the sky (heaven) and then it says he was taken up into heaven (the sky). Which was it? How about Elijah? Wouldn't be a man in heaven too by your way of thinking? He too was taken up into heaven while others watched him go. What about Enoch? People saw him come and go.

John- You are of the earth, I am not of the earth. Two things in play. Two speakers. One is physical, one is not. “He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

Ephesians- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. One of these things, is not like the other.

Would you agree that there are two things in play here? (in all those verses) -- one is physical, and one is not.

Luke- Jesus appears in front of them and says clearly-- 'Look at me.... flesh and bone-- not spirit. You see an actual physical person' (you don't see a spirit).

Acts- it's the same word in both places. At one moment scripture says they were standing staring up into the sky (heaven) and then it says he was taken up into heaven (the sky). Which was it?
They saw the man Jesus Christ being taken into heaven.
How about Elijah? Wouldn't be a man in heaven too by your way of thinking?
No. Elijah was taken into the sky and moved from one place to another. He later died, and is currently dead, awaiting resurrection.
He too was taken up into heaven while others watched him go. What about Enoch? People saw him come and go.
Enoch is dead.

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death;... [God moved him from one place to another.]
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises
John- You are of the earth, I am not of the earth. Two things in play. Two speakers.
One speaker.
One is physical, one is not. “He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

Ephesians- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. One of these things, is not like the other.
E... Jesus Christ, the man, is the Son of God. "The Christ" is not another spiritual entity.

You spiritualize too much, see things that aren't there.

They saw the man Jesus Christ being taken into heaven.

No. Elijah was taken into the sky and moved from one place to another. He later died, and is currently dead, awaiting resurrection.

Enoch is dead.

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death;... [God moved him from one place to another.]
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises

One speaker.

E... Jesus Christ, the man, is the Son of God. "The Christ" is not another spiritual entity.

You spiritualize too much, see things that aren't there.

And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven. Elisha saw it and cried out, “My father, my father, the chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” And he saw Elijah no more.

I see things that aren't there? Maybe the rest of that Elijah story that you see is recorded-- where? 3 Kings? Because I don't see it. What place was he taken to? When and where did he die?

Hebrews says Enoch was taken up so he wouldn't see death. (kind of a problem for your theory)

And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven. Elisha saw it and cried out, “My father, my father, the chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” And he saw Elijah no more.

I see things that aren't there? Maybe the rest of that Elijah story that you see is recorded-- where? 3 Kings? Because I don't see it. What place was he taken to? When and where did he die?
The Bible does not specifically record Elijah's death, but we know he died because all men die. Also see John 3:13. And if Elijah could be taken to heaven to be with God before Jesus Christ paid the price for sin, then anyone could and the death of Christ was not necessary.
Hebrews says Enoch was taken up so he wouldn't see death. (kind of a problem for your theory)
The Bible does not say Enoch was "taken up." It says Enoch was translated that he should not see death. God moved him from one place to another to prevent his premature death. Verse 13 says "These all died..". And again: John 3:13.

The Bible does not specifically record Elijah's death, but we know he died because all men die. Also see John 3:13. And if Elijah could be taken to heaven to be with God before Jesus Christ paid the price for sin, then anyone could and the death of Christ was not necessary.

The Bible does not say Enoch was "taken up." It says Enoch was translated that he should not see death. God moved him from one place to another to prevent his premature death. Verse 13 says "These all died..". And again: John 3:13.

It must mean all the way you think Romans 3 means all. I’m challenging your understanding of things.

Malachi 2:7
“For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the angel / messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth.

Malachi 2:7
“For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the angel / messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth.
According to the text, lucifer existed before Adam, and before God had a need for an intermediary between men and himself *"messenger"). So I still have yet to hear who you believe he is if not an angel in the traditional conception that you reject.

Born again Enoch had a living hope beyond the grave. All die not receiving the end of the promise a new incorruptible body . .

Enoch would not see the second death, hopelessness. Yoked with Christ he was strengthened daily

Corrupted flesh and blood could never enter the new order.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Back