• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Biblical proof that there is no angels

Psalm 82​

A psalm of Asaph.​

1 God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”:

2 “How long will you[a] defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?[b]
3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

5 “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.

Footnotes​

1. Psalm 82:2 The Hebrew is plural.
  2. Psalm 82:2 The Hebrew has Selah (a word of uncertain meaning) here.
The word "gods" is actually elohyim. (gods of The Living One.)
The word "selah" means to pause and consider.

All who have or will have life immortal are called gods.
There is nothing out of the norm there.
Justify your last statement with evidence. I already said they are elohim.

Here is the correct translation.

Genesis 1:26,27
(Elohiym / God of the living ones) God said, making man in (our / their) image and likeness. "Let him dominate the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock animals, and all the earth, and every land animal that walks the earth." 27 So (Elohiym / God of the living ones) God created mankind in his own image, in the image of (Elohiym / God of the living ones) God he created them; male and female he created them.

"Let us"
is AIT. It is not in scriptures.
Let us is what it says. And they are made in the image of, they aren't actually the thing itself. A statue or idol can be made in the image of an prince or pagan god, but it is not the Emperor or God itself.

Your claim lacks evidence and goes against what is obviously the intent of the passage.

Adam and eve are the first people, and you claim elohim are just people who have immortal souls, but the serpent and the enemy was in the garden prior to the two of them and knew God well already, and so there is no possibility your are correct that there is nothing but God and immortal human souls. It is ruled out, easily.

Back to the drawing board.

Let us is what it says. And they are made in the image of, they aren't actually the thing itself. A statue or idol can be made in the image of an prince or pagan god, but it is not the Emperor or God itself.

Your claim lacks evidence and goes against what is obviously the intent of the passage.

Adam and eve are the first people, and you claim elohim are just people who have immortal souls, but the serpent and the enemy was in the garden prior to the two of them and knew God well already, and so there is no possibility your are correct that there is nothing but God and immortal human souls. It is ruled out, easily.

Back to the drawing board.
The people in Heaven have immortality. The Elect of God on Earth will have immortality. "Let us" is AIT.

The people in Heaven have immortality. The Elect of God on Earth will have immortality. "Let us" is AIT.
So who is the serpent then? Is that God? That creates a lot of problems. I can't think of any alteration in the story which would so completely upend all of theology as God being directly responsible for the fall. Or do you reject Adam as first man (I know you dont)?

This idea really isn't worth wasting a ton of time on.

There are no humans in heaven yet except for one, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Man is of the earth- earthy. From the dust and to the dust he returns. He doesn't go to heaven (a spiritual, not physical realm).

Humankind- of homo sapiens, if you prefer means- wise man. Jesus was a wise man. There are no humans in heaven.

Man is of the earth- earthy. From the dust and to the dust he returns. He doesn't go to heaven (a spiritual, not physical realm).
Christians, whether currently dead or alive, will be in heaven for a while.
Humankind- of homo sapiens, if you prefer means- wise man. Jesus was a wise man. There are no humans in heaven.
The human man Jesus Christ is currently in heaven seated at the right hand of God.

Christians, whether currently dead or alive, will be in heaven for a while.

The human man Jesus Christ is currently in heaven seated at the right hand of God.

Is he floating? Is he strapped to the chair? Do you think heaven is a physical place with a physical throne where a physical man sits?

Is he floating? Is he strapped to the chair? Do you think heaven is a physical place with a physical throne where a physical man sits?
The Bible says Jesus Christ is in heaven seated at the right hand of God. As to exactly how that is, I can't say.

The Bible says Jesus Christ is in heaven seated at the right hand of God. As to exactly how that is, I can't say.

So then don't. That was my point. You don't know, so you shouldn't insist. You'll find no flesh in heaven. If you don't understand this, you don't know anything of that place. You said at the same time-- God is not a man. Why and/or how is it you think that a man is then seated beside Him?

So then don't.
You're the one speculating, not me.
That was my point. You don't know, so you shouldn't insist. You'll find no flesh in heaven.
The Bible says that the man Jesus Christ is in heaven seated at the right hand of God.
If you don't understand this, you don't know anything of that place. You said at the same time-- God is not a man. Why and/or how is it you think that a man is then seated beside Him?
The Bible says so.

You're the one speculating, not me.

The Bible says that the man Jesus Christ is in heaven seated at the right hand of God.

The Bible says so.

Go ahead and quote where you read this. Was it in a dream?

Back