• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Before Abraham Existed I AM

Further I showed that the Unitarian Greek scholar Winer said that Hebrews 1.8 is used for address. He denied that Jesus Christ is God in his theology, so he did not twist anything!
Then he lamely thought the verse wasn't about Christ and made a mistake.

Shows how ignorant you are about Greek grammar. Stop pretending that you know what you are saying because you don't. Check any decent Greek grammar and you will see that I am right
Yep, Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek proves I am right.

Jesus is God the Father, the one and only God, come in the flesh as a man.

Jesus is the Word of God, and was always the Word of God, it means that was Jesus, the Father, speaking in the Old Testament.

Yep, Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek proves I am right.

The Hebrew scholar, Aquila, who published a Greek Version of the Old Testament, in the middle of the 2nd century A.D., translates the Hebrew, by the Greek, “ο θρονος σου θεε”, which is undoubtedly the vocative, “Your throne, O God”. (Fredrick Field, Origen Hexapla, vol. II, pp. 162-163). It is clear, that as early as the 2nd century, the Hebrew was understood as the vocative, and not the nominative.

"The Greek Old Testament, the Septuagint, made from the Hebrew before the time Jesus Christ was Born, reads, “ο θρονος σου ο θεος”. The three English editions, by Brenton, Thomson, and Albert Pietersma and Benjamin G. Wright, also read: “your throne O God”. The Latin Vulgate by Jerome, made from the Hebrew, reads, “Sedes tua Deus in sæculum sæculi”, which is in the vocative, “your throne O God, is forever and ever”. Likewise the Syriac Peshitta Version, made in the 2nd century, also from the Hebrew, where it reads, “Thy throne, O God”. Also vocative.

Had the words read, “ο θρονος σου ο κύριος”, there would be no objection by anyone, to render the words, "Your Throne O Lord". Because as it stands is a clear testimony of the Father addressing Jesus Christ as GOD, that every means is sought to distort what it actually means. This is how those who oppose Bible Truth, work!

The Hebrew scholar, Aquila, who published a Greek Version of the Old Testament, in the middle of the 2nd century A.D., translates the Hebrew, by the Greek, “ο θρονος σου θεε”, which is undoubtedly the vocative, “Your throne, O God”. (Fredrick Field, Origen Hexapla, vol. II, pp. 162-163). It is clear, that as early as the 2nd century, the Hebrew was understood as the vocative, and not the nominative.
Aquila wasn't very good with Greek. You know that?
Had the words read, “ο θρονος σου ο κύριος”, there would be no objection by anyone, to render the words, "Your Throne O Lord". Because as it stands is a clear testimony of the Father addressing Jesus Christ as GOD, that every means is sought to distort what it actually means. This is how those who oppose Bible Truth, work!
45:6 (LXX 44:7) ὁ θρόνος σου ὁ θεός εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα τοῦ αἰῶνος ῥάβδος εὐθύτητος ἡ ῥάβδος τῆς βασιλείας σου (Blue Letter Bible)

Back