• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

1 Corinthians 8:6 and The Holy Trinity

No person can be saved apart from the Teachings of the Holy Bible.
Please prove your assertion.
Jesus says in John 8.24 that if anyone does not believe that He is Yahweh then they are going to hell
The writer/writers of John put the book of John as very questionalble. Anyone can say anything.
The passages you refer to regarding the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to do with the Jews saying to Jesus that He was working miracles by the power of the devil. Context is important.
That does not explain why they are not "co equal" as you claim.
It is by faith that those who are born again Christians accept the 66 Books.
Many Christians accept a differnt amount of books. And it is by faith that children accept that they need to be good or Santa won't come. Faith is a word commonly abused by those who are corrupt.

The writer/writers of John put the book of John as very questionalble. Anyone can say anything.

Many Christians accept a differnt amount of books. And it is by faith that children accept that they need to be good or Santa won't come. Faith is a word commonly abused by those who are corrupt.

Christianity is a faith, if you have problems with this then no one can help you.

Your endless demands for proof are a waste of time. Because you will never accept what you are told.

God does not have to prove anything to you and will not do so

1 Corinthians 1:18-25
[18]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[19]For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[20]Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
[21]For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[22]For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[23]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[24]But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
[25]Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

no one can help you.
Uhg, I get that alot.
Your endless demands for proof are a waste of time. Because you will never accept what you are told.
I will accept proof. If you make a truth claim and you have no proof for that claim it is no longer a truth, but simply words, like a unicorn. Just don't confuse what you wish or are told is true is automatically true.

God does not have to prove anything to you and will not do so
Totally agree. It is not the existance of God I have an issue with, it is the claims of men who wish to speak for God that I question.

1 Corinthians 1:18-25
[18]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[19]For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[20]Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
[21]For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[22]For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[23]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[24]But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
[25]Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Sooooo, you got nothing.

I will accept proof. If you make a truth claim and you have no proof for that claim it is no longer a truth, but simply words, like a unicorn. Just don't confuse what you wish or are told is true is automatically true.
You might this informative about unicorns.

Just a heads up to all..... These kinds of comments won't be getting 'thumbs up' from Moderators going forward..... Knock off the insults or receive warning points.
@patrick jane @Sissy @L.B.
It's the truth. Make a cross and model of Jesus with blood, thus ones becomes an idol-worshiper i e. doing idolatry. I do not give credit to Italian idols.

to believe in a "God" that is not The Trinity: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, Three distinct Persons, Who are coequal, yet One Godhead, is a FALSE god! This "god" cannot "save"anyone from going to eternal punishment!

Jesus didn’t believe in a false god. He believed in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - the Father; his God.

That is NOT the original epistle by Paul. NO Bible translates it the way you do, with the added words.

I’ve met few trinitarians who would do what he did. If I were still a trinitarian, I would speak out against what he tried to pull. For whatever reason, the trinitarians who were active on the forum at the time he did it remained silent.

I ask readers not to draw any conclusions about all trinitarians by what this one individual trinitarian did.

To take it a step further, I ask readers not to draw any conclusions about all members of any group by what one individual member of that group does or doesn’t do.

“Even among the adherents of the Nicene orthodoxy an uncertainty still for a time prevailed respecting the doctrine of the third person of the Holy Trinity. Some held the Spirit to be an impersonal power or attribute of God; others, at farthest, would not go beyond the expressions of the Scriptures. Gregory Nazianzen, who for his own part believed and taught the consubstantiality of the Holy Ghost with the Father and the Son, so late as 380 made the remarkable concession: ‘Of the wise among us, some consider the Holy Ghost an influence, others a creature, others God himself, and again others know not which way to decide, from reverence, as they say, for the Holy Scripture, which declares nothing exact in the case. For this reason they waver between worshipping and not worshipping the Holy Ghost, amd strike a middle course, which is in fact, however, a bad one.’”

(Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, §128. The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)

Back