• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Wisdom from above

M

MatthewG

wisdom from above : 3 minute video above; including more scriptures than posted below.

“Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.”
‭‭James‬ ‭3:13-18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

What do you think about Selfish ambition, and Jealousy? Are they in themselves traits of Jesus? Please feel free to share your thoughts.

wisdom from above : 3 minute video above; including more scriptures than posted below.

“Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.”
‭‭James‬ ‭3:13-18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

What do you think about Selfish ambition, and Jealousy? Are they in themselves traits of Jesus? Please feel free to share your thoughts.

I would offer first God's name is Jealous he owns al things (Exodus 34:14) But his love (God is love) is not filled with selfish ambition, But rather as the first works love (God) is long sufferings Because he is long sufferings the second aspect of God is kind .Kindness does not look to wrong suffered . . following the steps to the last but not least attribute of God Love .God does not rejoice with wrong doing.

It seems to me when we are angry at God we tend to look for fault in orders and look for support .Jealousy attempts to stack sides .

Jesus did the will of the father not out of selfish ambition

“Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This

Wisdom from above is wisdom from heaven, a circumlocution for wisdom from God.

What do I think about selfish ambition and jealousy? I’m agin ‘em.

Don’t be like this character, I suggest. Know what the content of the proposition is before deciding whether or not to come out in favor of it or against it.

Back