• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Winds of Doctrine

Must your discussions always devolve to personal attack with those you don't agree with?
Must you attack everyone who disagrees with you, even when they are not talking to you, by saying they attack those who disagree with them? I don't even know what he said past the first paragraph so it had nothing to do with whether I disagree with him or not.

Hey. My apologies. But what you deem anger and gnashing of teeth had nothing to do with what you said. I don't even know what you said. It was about your refusal to respect my thrice polite request to not post ten page replies to me, without really saying anything except that I and everyone else are victims of religious philosophy.

The Scriptural evidence against this popular "wind of Doctrine", brought to light in this thread, is staggering. I didn't even scratch the surface providing this evidence in my attempt to keep the post as short as I could, but still provide enough of the Inspired Word of God, including Jesus' Own Words, to expose this doctrine for the falsehood that it is..

I was hoping for some acknowledgment of the actual Scriptures, and discussion about them.

But for some reason, you want to make this about me and you. That my following the instructions to "Take heed" of the religious philosophies of this world, is somehow a personal attack against you.

It is not. I posted this discussion to help my brothers, not attack them. I'm sorry you are offended.

Must you attack everyone who disagrees with you, even when they are not talking to you, by saying they attack those who disagree with them? I don't even know what he said past the first paragraph so it had nothing to do with whether I disagree with him or not.
It was a question and not an attack. I don't care if you are talking to me or not. You do not dictate who I will defend or when I will speak up.

Dude makes some stuff lid points yet you admit to not even reading their posts, so why respond at all? You didn't even read the subject matter.

Anyway; have a good Sunday.
May GOD bless.

peace

It was a question and not an attack. I don't care if you are talking to me or not. You do not dictate who I will defend or when I will speak up.

Dude makes some stuff lid points yet you admit to not even reading their posts, so why respond at all? You didn't even read the subject matter.

Anyway; have a good Sunday.
May GOD bless.

peace
Pops, last I heard this thread was about winds of doctrine---not me, not being chastised by a school marm for not wanting to engage in useless but extremely time consuming put down of all I say. There was no need to read it. I have read it all before, he simply keeps repeating himself using different words with "religious philosophy" threaded through them all. Something you were no doubt unaware of when you decided to shake your finger at me. And attacks are often presented as questions. In your "question" were direct and sweeping and false accusations against me. That is an attack.

If you think he makes some valid points, it is because you agree with him. Fine. Do so. That doesn't mean I have to or that I am prevented from saying that I disagree. And fyi, I did read and respond to the OP BEFORE I made that comment. What I got back began, and I am sure continued in not addressing anything I said except to say once again that anything that I believe, or anything that anyone says that disagrees with his religious philosophy, is wrong and nothing more that the lie that Eve believed. And since I scrolled and say that he was going to take eons of time and space to say what he has already said a hundred times, and I had asked him politely not to do this our of respect for the time of others, I simply posted what I did.

Here is a question for you. Why is it that you can not have pleasant exchanges with those you disagree with, or not get involved in their conversation with someone else, without eventually making it about the perceived faults of that person rather than the OP? Starting an argument about nothing to do with you in other words.

There will be no more responses to you from me in this vein.

The Scriptural evidence against this popular "wind of Doctrine", brought to light in this thread, is staggering. I didn't even scratch the surface providing this evidence in my attempt to keep the post as short as I could, but still provide enough of the Inspired Word of God, including Jesus' Own Words, to expose this doctrine for the falsehood that it is..

I was hoping for some acknowledgment of the actual Scriptures, and discussion about them.

But for some reason, you want to make this about me and you. That my following the instructions to "Take heed" of the religious philosophies of this world, is somehow a personal attack against you.

It is not. I posted this discussion to help my brothers, not attack them. I'm sorry you are offended.
I am not offended, Sorry you are. And you are mistaken in your assumptions of me wanting to make it about you. I do take umbrage however when someone says they are going to speak against the winds of doctrine and them they proceed to give one as truth that clearly is not biblical.

-The End-

Pops, last I heard this thread was about winds of doctrine---not me, not being chastised by a school marm for not wanting to engage in useless but extremely time consuming put down of all I say. There was no need to read it. I have read it all before, he simply keeps repeating himself using different words with "religious philosophy" threaded through them all. Something you were no doubt unaware of when you decided to shake your finger at me. And attacks are often presented as questions. In your "question" were direct and sweeping and false accusations against me. That is an attack.

If you think he makes some valid points, it is because you agree with him. Fine. Do so. That doesn't mean I have to or that I am prevented from saying that I disagree. And fyi, I did read and respond to the OP BEFORE I made that comment. What I got back began, and I am sure continued in not addressing anything I said except to say once again that anything that I believe, or anything that anyone says that disagrees with his religious philosophy, is wrong and nothing more that the lie that Eve believed. And since I scrolled and say that he was going to take eons of time and space to say what he has already said a hundred times, and I had asked him politely not to do this our of respect for the time of others, I simply posted what I did.

Here is a question for you. Why is it that you can not have pleasant exchanges with those you disagree with, or not get involved in their conversation with someone else, without eventually making it about the perceived faults of that person rather than the OP? Starting an argument about nothing to do with you in other words.

There will be no more responses to you from me in this vein.
You seem to be trying to quite one spreading the truth; even taking offence to his doing so so much so as to ask him to stop. This takes time. If your time is so precious to you then why waste it responding to what you think is meaningless? Why not ignore it and resume what you think is worthy of your time? I agree with some of what he says, and I sure don't take offence to his sound biblical references. Don't like it? Don't read it. You don't read it? Then don't waste everyone's time responding to it just to stir contention or attempt to silence what you seem unworthy of your own time.

You think his op is inaccurate. Okay then. Work it out. Wait; you already tried and your argument was found less than compelling to some. Leave it there. Meditate on it. Reflect on wh I'm t is good and ask GOD for guidance perhaps. Don't quite another who is hurting no one and reflecting truth from the perspective of some.

Done ranting. Don't think I'm judging you. Your faults are mine in my joining in perhaps.

You seem to be trying to quite one spreading the truth;
He isn't spreading the truth, he is spreading lies, trying to get others to stumble on the same stumbling stone. The fact that you choose to believe him doesn't make what he says true, and if you read your Bible you will see that. It is blantantly obvious.
even taking offence to his doing so so much so as to ask him to stop
I never asked him to stop. You need to quit saying people say things they do not say.
This takes time. If your time is so precious to you then why waste it responding to what you think is meaningless? Why not ignore it and resume what you think is worthy of your time? I agree with some of what he says, and I sure don't take offence to his sound biblical references. Don't like it? Don't read it. You don't read it? Then don't waste everyone's time responding to it just to stir contention or attempt to silence what you seem unworthy of your own time.
I did and then you got all over my case for that. And just look at what you are doing now! I was responding to his response to me responding. If it was wasting your time to read my response, don't read it, and certainly don't take the time to respond to my response just for the sake of starting an argument. Is that the main reason you are here. To vent and argue and judge?
just to stir contention or attempt to silence what you seem unworthy of your own time.
That isn't what I was doing but it is certainly what you are doing.
You think his op is inaccurate. Okay then. Work it out. Wait; you already tried and your argument was found less than compelling to some. Leave it there. Meditate on it. Reflect on wh I'm t is good and ask GOD for guidance perhaps. Don't quite another who is hurting no one and reflecting truth from the perspective of some.
Oh my gosh! The one who intentionally misstates what people say and even what they do and then has the gall to tell others how they ought to conduct themselves as though he is wise. I truly hope you meant it when you said you were through venting. Step back. Take a deep breath. Forget the animosity you have for people who disagree with you---maybe say a prayer or two---and then try again. Hopefully in an actual conversation with the OP about the OP, and leave me out of it. After you have had your last word---of course. I will try my best to ignore it.

I am not offended, Sorry you are. And you are mistaken in your assumptions of me wanting to make it about you. I do take umbrage however when someone says they are going to speak against the winds of doctrine and them they proceed to give one as truth that clearly is not biblical.

-The End-

If you don't read or even acknowledge the Scriptures I posted, or even the post itself, which you didn't read by your own admission, them how is your judgment of the post honest or just?

He isn't spreading the truth, he is spreading lies, trying to get others to stumble on the same stumbling stone. The fact that you choose to believe him doesn't make what he says true, and if you read your Bible you will see that. It is blantantly obvious.

I never asked him to stop. You need to quit saying people say things they do not say.

I did and then you got all over my case for that. And just look at what you are doing now! I was responding to his response to me responding. If it was wasting your time to read my response, don't read it, and certainly don't take the time to respond to my response just for the sake of starting an argument. Is that the main reason you are here. To vent and argue and judge?

That isn't what I was doing but it is certainly what you are doing.

Oh my gosh! The one who intentionally misstates what people say and even what they do and then has the gall to tell others how they ought to conduct themselves as though he is wise. I truly hope you meant it when you said you were through venting. Step back. Take a deep breath. Forget the animosity you have for people who disagree with you---maybe say a prayer or two---and then try again. Hopefully in an actual conversation with the OP about the OP, and leave me out of it. After you have had your last word---of course. I will try my best to ignore it.
What you may not understand or agree with doesn't constitute error either.

Never said you were wasting my time.

If you would have ignored his posts to begin with then we wouldn't be here.

Try discussing the op without interjecting your opinion in a negative manner. Maybe support your opinion with in context scripture...or just keep acting like everyone is so so very mean to you and attacking you.

And please do feel free to ignore me too. I won't post to you unless I think its worth your time.

If you don't read or even acknowledge the Scriptures I posted, or even the post itself, which you didn't read by your own admission, them how is your judgment of the post honest or just?
I never disagreed with the scriptures you posted. I disagree with how you use them and how you interpret them. I disagree with what little you say in your own words. That is what I disagree with. I have read many of your posts. I have skimmed through others. I know what you say. I am simply not going to respond to your long posts, line by line, addressing every scripture, as you insist people do, and if they don't you then make accusations such as above or become irate and dismissive and insulting if they don't address every post, line by line, scripture by scripture, line by line. Making their post even longer than yours, to which inevitably result in you posting an even longer one ad infinitum. Get over yourself and carry on. When people don't do this you then accuse them of not believing the scriptures!

The Pharisees get a well-deserved rap in scripture, but it shouldn’t be overlooked or forgotten that Jesus also agreed with much of their doctrine. It was, as others have already pointed out, their hypocrisy which he came down hard on.

Back