• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Who do you worship?

Do you think angels are deities?

Dagon is the deity of the Philistines. Do you believe Dagon actually exists?
Not all angels are deities. IMO
But if an angel is worshiped, it becomes a deity of sorts.
What is Satanism?
Is Moloch an angel? ???
Hard to say. ???

/

There is only one true God.

Do you believe other gods actually exist?
IMO, this is a matter of semantics, abuse of capitalization. As we educate ourselves, we have to stop imbuing certain words, especially common nouns, with mystical qualities, e.g., god, lord, savior, word, etc.

That we do this is revealed by abuse of capitalization. (Just because abuse of capitalization is common does not make it right. There is no rule in grammar regarding common nouns where the plural is lowercase but the singular is capitalized but sometimes the singular is lowercase. The intent of such abuse is to imply referring to different senses of the word). There is more than one sense to the meaning of elohim in Hebrew and god in English. From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god
1 God : the supreme or ultimate reality
2. or less commonly God : a being or object that is worshipped as having more than natural attributes and powers
3. a person or thing of supreme value
4. a powerful ruler

There certainly are real lower case gods in senses 2-4, including Jesus, that actually exist. However, there is only one Being who the first sense applies to and that is Jesus' God, YHWH. This explains the title of a book, Jesus is not God with a capital-G.

In another thread, I asked if claiming someone is god makes them a god? I was referring to Paul being bitten by a venomous snake and living in Acts 28:6. This is an example of Paul showing he is a god under sense 2. This applies also to Peter raising Dorcas from the dead in Acts 9:40. I submit that merely saying someone is a god IS a way to worship them per sense 2. Trinitarians hate this because it destroys their devotion to 3 gods as being the only true gods (but abuse that one does not mean 3).

Last edited:
Back