• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Who do you worship?

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks" (John 4:23).

This is why Jesus gave us the Lord's Prayer.

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks" (John 4:23).

This is why Jesus gave us the Lord's Prayer.
OK. So what is the Father's true name, and what is the Son's true name?

"The proper Hebrew name for God is JEHOVAH, which signifies He is." (ATS Bible Dictionary)

Jesus name in Hebrew is Yeshua.
There was no letter 'J' in any language prior to the 14th century in England. Jehovah does not even come close to being God's name.

Halleluyah

There is only one true God. Everything else is idols.
Idols are physical representations of actual gods. As I understand it.

More than one god is polytheism, not monotheism.
I think Monotheism still recognizes more than one god.
Monotheism limits worship to one God.

• John 10:34
    Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?

• John 10:35
    If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—

• Acts 7:40
    They told Aaron, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who led us out of Egypt—we don’t know what has happened to him!’

• Acts 14:11
    When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!”

• Acts 17:18
    A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

• Acts 19:26
    And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that gods made by human hands are no godsat all.

• Acts 28:11
    After three months we put out to sea in a ship that had wintered in the island—it was an Alexandrian ship with the figurehead of the twin gods Castor and Pollux.

• 1 Corinthians 8:5
    For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),

• Galatians 4:8
    Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods.
\

Idols are physical representations of actual gods. As I understand it.

I think Monotheism still recognizes more than one god.
Monotheism limits worship to one God.

• John 10:34
    Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?

• John 10:35
    If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—

• Acts 7:40
    They told Aaron, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who led us out of Egypt—we don’t know what has happened to him!’

• Acts 14:11
    When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!”

• Acts 17:18
    A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

• Acts 19:26
    And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that gods made by human hands are no godsat all.

• Acts 28:11
    After three months we put out to sea in a ship that had wintered in the island—it was an Alexandrian ship with the figurehead of the twin gods Castor and Pollux.

• 1 Corinthians 8:5
    For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),

• Galatians 4:8
    Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods.
\

Do you believe other gods actually exist?

Back