• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Was Paul ministry LIMITED ?

D

dan perez

Rom 1:1 and tells all , Paul a slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle , HAVIN BEEN SEPARATED for God's gospel ?

It seems that verse separates Paul fro the 12 disciples !

Anyone agree ?

dan p

Rom 1:1 and tells all , Paul a slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle , HAVIN BEEN SEPARATED for God's gospel ?

It seems that verse separates Paul fro the 12 disciples !

Anyone agree ?

dan p
Roman 1:1 reads..."Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," Paul is is a bond servant of Jesus Christ. The meaning of of this "Servant"--( with complete and total devotion). Here Paul has been called to be both an apostle and to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The words "separated unto" tell us he was separated from His former life of taking Chrisitan's lives from them.

he, Paul is the Gentile Apostle and the words he wrote were from the Author, Jesus Christ

Blade

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman 1:1 reads..."Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," Paul is is a bond servant of Jesus Christ. The meaning of of this "Servant"--( with complete and total devotion). Here Paul has been called to be both an apostle and to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The words "separated unto" tell us he was separated from His former life of taking Chrisitan's lives from them.

he, Paul is the Gentile Apostle and the words he wrote were from the Author, Jesus Christ

Blade
And when looking at the Greek text , the Greek word SEPERATED is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE .

Most all participles end in ING and this is a better translation , Paul a slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle . HAVING BEEN SEPARATED for God's gospel >

#1 The PASSIVE VOICE means Christ is doing the separating .

#2The Greek word SEPARATED / APHORIZO , means Paul is LIMITED , and BOUNDARIES are set and SEPARATED to only preach God's gospel as recorded in Gal 1:12 and Eph 3:1-5 and in Rom 16:25 and also Col 1:25 and 26 are just a few >

dan p

And when looking at the Greek text , the Greek word SEPERATED is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE .

Most all participles end in ING and this is a better translation , Paul a slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle . HAVING BEEN SEPARATED for God's gospel >

#1 The PASSIVE VOICE means Christ is doing the separating .

#2The Greek word SEPARATED / APHORIZO , means Paul is LIMITED , and BOUNDARIES are set and SEPARATED to only preach God's gospel as recorded in Gal 1:12 and Eph 3:1-5 and in Rom 16:25 and also Col 1:25 and 26 are just a few >

dan p
One has to take it how it is written literally. "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," Here we see Paul is called to be a servant of Jesus or an apostle who was separated (from what) to preach the Gospel of GOD.

Did you hear that, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Gospel of GOD.

Blade

One has to take it how it is written literally. "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," Here we see Paul is called to be a servant of Jesus or an apostle who was separated (from what) to preach the Gospel of GOD.

Blade
And a book by Greek for the REST OF US , by WILLIA D MOUNCE explains why not all of the bible is TRANSLATED LITERALLY and why real bible scholars do not all agree .

I did try to keep it simple and did not use any of the cases , like GENTIVE , ACCUSATIVE and NOMINATIVE case that are in Rom 1:1 and they are there whether you know it or not .

Are you saying that there is only ONE GOSPEL called God's Gospel ?

dan p

And a book by Greek for the REST OF US , by WILLIA D MOUNCE explains why not all of the bible is TRANSLATED LITERALLY and why real bible scholars do not all agree .
Really!,,, I agree with you...well a little. The Bible has many grammatical forms from poems to Plays!...Did you know that "The song of songs, which is Solomon's." (Sng1:1) is a four play?

I did try to keep it simple and did not use any of the cases , like GENTIVE , ACCUSATIVE and NOMINATIVE case that are in Rom 1:1 and they are there whether you know it or not .

Are you saying that there is only ONE GOSPEL called God's Gospel ?

dan p
There are four Gospels of Jesus Christ called the Synoptic Gospels.
Blade

Really!,,, I agree with you...well a little. The Bible has many grammatical forms from poems to Plays!...Did you know that "The song of songs, which is Solomon's." (Sng1:1) is a four play?

Blade
And what about Gal 2:7 showing the Gospel of THE UNCIRCUNCISION by Paul !!

And THE CIRCUMCISION , by Peter !

I count 2 gospels here alone !!

dan p

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.”

(Mark 1:1, NASB)

“Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’”

(Mark 1:14-15, NASB)

Jesus and Paul preached the same gospel.

“And he stayed two full years in his own rented quarters and was welcoming all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.”

(Acts 28:30, NASB)

The last thing we read about Paul in Acts. He’s preaching the kingdom of God and teaching about Jesus.

“But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the gospel of the kingdom and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.”

(Acts 8:12, NASB)

Philip is preaching the same gosepl that Paul is preaching, which is the same gospel that Jesus is preaching.

“But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face.”

(Acts 20:24-25, NASB)

Paul is a kingdom preacher. The gospel of the grace of God is the gospel of the kingdom. Paul is everywhere preaching the gospel of God.

Was Paul ministry limited? No.

Paul isn’t separated from Jesus, nor from the other Apostles. They are all preaching the same gospel.

And what about Gal 2:7 showing the Gospel of THE UNCIRCUNCISION by Paul !!

And THE CIRCUMCISION , by Peter !

I count 2 gospels here alone !!

“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received from, he is to be accursed!”

(Galatians 1:8-9, NASB)

There is only one gospel.

Jesus, and the other Apostles, aren’t preaching a gospel that is different from the gospel which Paul is preaching.

Paul is certainly not telling the Galatians that Jesus and the other Apostles are to be accursed!

You are correct in saying that there are four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. There is only one gospel message.

Of the four Gospels, only three (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) are called the synoptic Gospels.

Back