• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Unity in exclusivity is mere tribalism - Nothing special there

Since you overlooked this... (post #57)

You seem to have latched onto a very narrow PERSONAL/TRIBAL definition of who God is.
Anyone who doesn't align with your narrow view is marginalized as an unbeliever.

You say: "My God is the God and Father of Messiah." and "His personal name is Yahweh."
I say: "I worship the God of the Bible. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The living God." and "I call him Father."

You understand this to mean that we worship different Gods! ??? !!!

]

@Mattathias
If I was a part of your church and were asking these questions and making these statements
would you take action to have me removed from the fellowship if I did not "repent"?

]

Since you overlooked this... (post #57)

I didn’t overlook your post. I replied to it. (See again post #58.)

You seem to have latched onto a very narrow PERSONAL/TRIBAL definition of who God is.
Anyone who doesn't align with your narrow view is marginalized as an unbeliever.

You say: "My God is the God and Father of Messiah." and "His personal name is Yahweh."
I say: "I worship the God of the Bible. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The living God." and "I call him Father."

You understand this to mean that we worship different Gods! ??? !!!

]

You’ve said very clearly that you don’t agree with my definition, which you characterize as narrow.

@Mattathias
If I was a part of your church and were asking these questions and making these statements
would you take action to have me removed from the fellowship if I did not "repent"?

]

As long as you weren’t being disruptive, no. I would continue to teach you.

Would you stay or would you leave?

See post #59 above and stop gloating.

]

I’m not gloating. You’re imagining that I am.

Nothing has changed. You don’t personally accept my definition of who God is. I don’t know how you could say it any plainer or clearer than that.

You wonder why I don’t believe we worship the same God when you personally don’t accept who I believe God is?

If you don’t believe we do then you shouldn’t wonder that I don’t.

I’m not gloating. You’re imagining that I am.

Nothing has changed. You don’t personally accept my definition of who God is. I don’t know how you could say it any plainer or clearer than that.

You wonder why I don’t believe we worship the same God when you personally don’t accept who I believe God is?

If you don’t believe we do then you shouldn’t wonder that I don’t.

You could-- and should apply this statement (bolded above) to yourself the way you apply it to him.

Do you?

He called it plain : “Not your God.

I have no reason to disagree with his declaration

Do you personally agree with him and accept his notion of who God is?

--oh... Let me cut to the chase. Who cares?

For you to demand (again) that folks see things the way you do--- is pure hubris.

Do you personally agree with him and accept his notion of who God is?

No.

--oh... Let me cut to the chase. Who cares?

He does. I do.

You’re interjecting yourself into our conversation. Do you make it a habit of doing that on topics that you don’t care about?

You care. One reason that you care is obvious: you have an ax to grind.

For you to demand (again) that folks see things the way you do--- is pure hubris.

I don’t demand that anyone see things the way I do. They are free to believe whatever they are persuaded is true, whether I believe what they believe or not.

No.

He does. I do.

You’re interjecting yourself into our conversation. Do you make it a habit of doing that on topics that you don’t care about?

You care. One reason that you care is obvious: you have an ax to grind.

I don’t demand that anyone see things the way I do. They are free to believe whatever they are persuaded is true, whether I believe what they believe or not.

I care about your behavior, not your beliefs.

He sees you as arrogant. So do I. Now you can insist that we are wrong (and you often do) -- or you could examine how others perceive you and ask of yourself-- why.

I care about your behavior, not your beliefs.

We’ve discussed that before. You don’t have the heart of a pastor. Nor do you have the heart of an evangelist. I do.

He sees you as arrogant. So do I.

I’m not particularly concerned about how you or others see me.

Now you can insist that we are wrong (and you often do) -- or you could examine how others perceive you and ask of yourself-- why.

Perceive me any way you wish. I’m going to publicly teach and preach what I was raised up and sent to do.

If I told you how I perceive you, would it matter to you?

I’m not particularly concerned about how you or others see me.

Perceive me any way you wish. I’m going to publicly teach and preach what I was raised up and sent to do.

If I told you how I perceive you, would it matter to you?

Noop. Not in the least.

I'm asking you to not be disruptive as you phrase it. Try having more discussions and less arguments.

Back