• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Suggestion Box

Mr E

Administrator
Site Supporter
Have an idea to improve the Forum?

Voice it here! This is our Wishing Well.

It’s nice to see some old and familiar names pop in, as well as new ones. As with all forums, there will be a wide variety of perspectives, opinions and beliefs. Make way!

All are welcome, while having said that- like any neighborhood pub— belligerence isn’t.

Be respectful to be respected.

Where are the forum rules located? They should be easy for all members and perspective members to find and read.

Bottom of every page

Thanks. I see them now. I’ve never scrolled down that far before!

Most of the forums I’ve been on have the rules posted at the top, in a community notes type of section. I was looking for them there.

I think posting them at the bottom is fine. Just takes some getting used to.

It's prospective, not prerspective.

Yes. Yes it is. I remember what I was thinking when I typed it. I would share that with you and our readers if it weren’t boring and trivial. So instead of that, this:

Many years ago I was the project manager for the State on a cleanup project. Because the project was located in a designated wetlands area, I had to obtain a permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Savannah, Georgia before a contractor could begin work. The application I submitted required me to list all equipment that would be used. I included in the list “wenches” rather than “winches”.

The Corps issued the permit but it came with a Post-it note which read: “You failed to indicate in your application whether the wenches would be pretty or plain. The permit covers both, with one condition: Please notify me by phone on the days when you will have the wenches working onsite. ;)

The story you have just read is true. (I hope you found it entertaining.) It illustrates the difference that a single vowel makes.

From the humorous and trivial to the serious and critical -> I direct your attention to my discussion of the Hebrew words Adonai and adoni.

Thank you for reading my posts.

Yes. Yes it is. I remember what I was thinking when I typed it. I would share that with you and our readers if it weren’t boring and trivial. So instead of that, this:

Many years ago I was the project manager for the State on a cleanup project. Because the project was located in a designated wetlands area, I had to obtain a permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Savannah, Georgia before a contractor could begin work. The application I submitted required me to list all equipment that would be used. I included in the list “wenches” rather than “winches”.

The Corps issued the permit but it came with a Post-it note which read: “You failed to indicate in your application whether the wenches would be pretty or plain. The permit covers both, with one condition: Please notify me by phone on the days when you will have the wenches working onsite. ;)

The story you have just read is true. (I hope you found it entertaining.) It illustrates the difference that a single vowel makes.

From the humorous and trivial to the serious and critical -> I direct your attention to my discussion of the Hebrew words Adonai and adoni.

Thank you for reading my posts.

That's great. Wenches with wrenches and wenches with winches would make a wonderful jobsite.

Back